Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC Scenario?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,325

SEC Scenario?

Oct 4, 2017, 2:52 PM

So, if Georgia wins out they're playing in the SECCG, And if Auburn beats 'Bama they're playing Georgia in a rematch which, if Auburn wins that game, could very easily have the playoff committee choosing between a one loss Alabama, a one loss (in the SECCG) Georgia, and a two loss, but SEC champion Auburn.

What do you think they would do in that scenario?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC Scenario?

Oct 4, 2017, 2:56 PM

They would put all 3 teams in the playoff.

Oct 4, 2017, 2:56 PM

If Alabama doesn't win the SECCG, they will immediately revamp the whole play off system and add a wild card game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2017, 3:00 PM

We will see a 8 team playoff. 4 teams from The SEC (because the SEC is what it is ) and then the champ of the other 4 power conferences.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2017, 3:01 PM

So, the exact same scenario as what happened in the Big 10 last year? They set the precedent to allow them to put Bama in over the SEC Champ. Can you imagine the uproar from UGA and Auburn if that happens???

Edit: Similar scenario I guess... Idk why I thought Wisconsin was undefeated going into the Championship game. Memory is failing me

Message was edited by: CU13®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet they put both UGA and Bama in at 3 and 4...

Oct 4, 2017, 3:03 PM

and leave the 2-loss SEC champ Auburn out.

It would generate tons of talk, that's for sure.

Re: I bet they put both UGA and Bama in at 3 and 4...

Oct 4, 2017, 3:10 PM

In that scenario, Auburn would have played 4 games against CFP teams. (lost to Clemson and UGA, beat Bama and UGA). The scores of the UGA games could be the difference. If they lose by like 1 in a fluke type game during the season, but avenge the loss in a big way in the SECCG, it would be tough to put UGA in over them based on SOS alone... unless they just want to avoid rematches in the CFP.

Who really knows at this point, but that scenario is pretty unlikely imo

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,325
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic