Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some thoughts on the FSU game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 718

Some thoughts on the FSU game...

Sep 19, 2014, 9:19 AM

Regardless of the Winston nonsense they are still loaded with talent on both sides of the ball. That's why I find it absurd that Clemson possibly winning should be treated with an asterisk. Likewise, I think if we lose a hard-fought game to this team, then it should not be seen as an epic failure on our part. Entirely too much credit is given to Winston in these scenarios. FSU is stacked, and it's going to be extremely hard to beat them in their house regardless of who is playing QB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

absolutely no asterick... look at it this way....

Sep 19, 2014, 9:21 AM

If JW had been draft eligible last year and come out... FSU would still be in the top 5 coming into this game.

They are loaded with talent...

but we ain't that bad either

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Sure thing, York

Sep 19, 2014, 9:23 AM

We have tons of talent, too.

But it seems to me that when this "punishment" was announced some folks here immediately started posting grumblings about the reaction to our win that was somehow already assured. Not saying everyone was doing this, but I saw a lot of "when we win, the media will blast us for them not having Winston." Frankly, I think it's still an extremely TALL order to win this game. I think we can do it, but I still think the odds are not in our favor.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

you have to keep in mind you are reading TNET...

Sep 19, 2014, 9:26 AM

fanatasy football and video game coach breeding ground

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

The posts I saw did not say we would win, they said IF we

Sep 19, 2014, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Sure thing, York ]

we win it will be minimized AND if we lose we will be it will be magnified - a lose/lose proposition.

I don't agree with them, but that is what I saw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right, again, I am not saying everyone was doing this

Sep 19, 2014, 9:27 AM

but it did seem to me that quite a few folks were focused on the aftermath of a win rather than realizing that it's going to be wildly difficult to beat this team regardless of the circumstances of the QB. I could be wrong, just my 2 cents.

Re: Right, again, I am not saying everyone was doing this

Sep 19, 2014, 9:32 AM

You are not wrong!!!!!

Consensus #1 at home... They 'probably' have an advantage***

Sep 19, 2014, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Sure thing, York ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Consensus #1 at home... They 'probably' have an advantage***

Sep 19, 2014, 9:52 AM

I think Spiller is spot on, but my concern is not whether we win or lose a hard fought game. My concern is that we get blown out again.

No matter how close, a loss is still a loss, but we get blown out when they dont have their first string QB in and everything goes bad. The team and fan base are demoralized, recruiting will stink... The team and coaches cannot do another UGa on us. FWIW, we have to recognize that Dabo's tenure is not marked by blowouts. Even though there have been a few, unexplained losses, except to USC, have been pretty well minimized.

Re: Some thoughts on the FSU game...

Sep 19, 2014, 10:12 AM

I understand your reasoning, but, of course the media would place an asterisk beside a Clemson win. So far, the media has all but crowned FSU the ACC champs, so regardless of the outcome, they will try to spin it to support that narrative. So, if Clemson were to win this game, and then go on to win the ACC, they could always point back to the half-game suspension as a big reason it was possible.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 9
| visibility 718
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic