Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember when Hardee's did fried chicken ?
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Remember when Hardee's did fried chicken ?

Jul 17, 2014, 1:42 PM

Dang - that was some good fried chicken.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

That's Carl's Jr for you hippies***

Jul 17, 2014, 1:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Actually that's slightly incorrect

Jul 17, 2014, 1:52 PM

Hardee's tried the fried chicken thing in the early to mid 90's, Carl's Jr bought Hardees in the late 90's and phased out the majority of the menu items then started from scratch with the thickburgers.

I believe you can still get some fried chicken from them in certain states but idk if it's the same recipe as the earl 90's used

Dropping some knowledge, worked there in HS lol

Also at the Hardee's in Central across from Ingles on 93 for a semester in 2009. Honestly that was one of the better run Hardee's I was acquainted with. Great people managing and working there. And I don't say that often about fast food joints

Message was edited by: CUtiger2012®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Fried chicken?

Jul 17, 2014, 1:45 PM

photo getfat_zps491f0ea5.jpg

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Yeah but I get a Diet Coke with it

Jul 17, 2014, 1:48 PM

so we're good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Remember when their colors were orange

Jul 17, 2014, 1:45 PM

And black. Yea that chicken was good....

Re: Remember when Hardee's did fried chicken ?

Jul 17, 2014, 1:47 PM

I miss their chili dogs and that big chocolate chip cookie.

That was the shiz when I was a kid.

When I was a kid....

Jul 17, 2014, 1:57 PM

Hardee's only sold hamburgers, french fries, apple turnovers and milk shakes, although you could get collectable drinking glasses with the Looney Tunes characters on them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Great minds ... Just wished I would have kept them

Jul 17, 2014, 1:59 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15548099#15548099

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I suspect ours ended-up getting sold at some yard sale

Jul 17, 2014, 2:18 PM

We had all of them but for the Buzzard, Slow Poke and Cool Cat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wonder how much you can get off of E-Bay with those?***

Jul 17, 2014, 2:09 PM [ in reply to When I was a kid.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wonder how much you can get off of E-Bay with those?***

Jul 17, 2014, 2:15 PM

http://bit.ly/1kA2aOZ

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Those are AWESOME !!!! Forgot about those. And they were

Jul 17, 2014, 2:47 PM [ in reply to When I was a kid.... ]

THICK, heavy glasses.

You have the whole set ?

After doing the single character ones, the next series had them in full scenes.

If I remember correctly, the glasses weren't quite as nice but the printing was much better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: When I was a kid....

Jul 17, 2014, 2:48 PM [ in reply to When I was a kid.... ]

You still have any of the chicken....man it was good..

I have some leftover McD fries in my truck floorboard ...

Jul 17, 2014, 2:54 PM

from 8 years ago! They still look the same as when I bought them.

(Note: Not really ... but I have found some under my seat after about 3 weeks ... and they did look the same.)

Bojangles can fry some chicken.

Jul 17, 2014, 1:49 PM

Have you tried the Cajun Fillet Club all the way? Chik Fil A pales in comparison.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And I really like their Huskie big burger from back......

Jul 17, 2014, 1:50 PM

in the 60s/early 70s when they used to cook on charcoal grills - they were really good!

I remember going to Hardee's with my friends, going

through the drive-through, ordering a large cup of water, then dipping UNUSED tampons in the water and then throwing the dampened tampons at various things. Those things would stick and stay.

Was this last weekend?

You really should grow up.

SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Still trying to get it off your car, aren't you?***

Jul 17, 2014, 1:53 PM

The last time I went to a Hardee's....

there was a hand written sign taped to the drive-thru speaker that said;

"Drive thru closed. We ain't got no help."

Re: The last time I went to a Hardee's....

Jul 17, 2014, 2:51 PM

All the workers watching the USuCk game I guess?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2014, 1:51 PM

Yes it was/is. They still do it in Manning SC. My brother lives there, and that's where he took me for lunch a couple months back. Dang that is some good fried chicken, with some big breast. They are at least a full C, close to DD!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat me to it...I can walk to that one

Jul 17, 2014, 3:32 PM

from my house, but I don't...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about awesome stadium cups?

010.jpg(113.7 K)

Here's a 1979 ad from the UGA program.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

I also remember these; I had the whole set.***

Jul 17, 2014, 1:55 PM

Speaking of Hardees..............

Jul 17, 2014, 1:57 PM

I remember when they opened the Hardees which was across the street from Fike. We were all very excited that a fast food place was within walking distance of campus and available at a late hour. Sadly, they tore it down!

I will tell you who had some dang good fried chicken....

Jul 17, 2014, 1:59 PM

Po Folks

Good seafood gumbo too.

Re: I will tell you who had some dang good fried chicken....

Jul 17, 2014, 2:03 PM

Good seafood you will not get at R B's in Mount Pleasant. Horrible!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2014, 2:51 PM

There used too be a little old cement block restaurant in what is now the parking lot of the Shem Creek Inn called the Lorelai. Best white crab dip ever made before or since..I could fill up on it alone...the fried seafood was the bomb.....

Jul 17, 2014, 2:05 PM [ in reply to I will tell you who had some dang good fried chicken.... ]

For years after KFC was born, to me there wasn't any better friend chicken. Not so much so now!!!

For a long time, KFC was about the only fried chicken...

Jul 17, 2014, 2:20 PM

other than what your mom and your grandma made.

Jul 17, 2014, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: I will tell you who had some dang good fried chicken.... ]

Yep...too much corporate meddling messes up all reataurants...Quincys when they first opened years ago had good steaks...we see how the changes they made ended up...

I used to be like oh sh!t we eatin Hardees fried chicken???

Jul 17, 2014, 2:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

they used to do roast beast too***

Jul 17, 2014, 2:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

That Grinch could cut it good, couldn't he?***

Jul 17, 2014, 2:17 PM

They still do in Manning! So, if you're ever in town, come

Jul 17, 2014, 2:22 PM

get some!

You can still get it in Hartsville

Jul 17, 2014, 2:32 PM

I haven't been there in more than 10 years, but I believe you can still get it at Yogi Bear's Fried Chicken in Hartsville. Little known fact that Yogi Bear's was opened by Hardee's (in the 60's I believe) and Hardee's used the same recipe when they started selling chicken at their other restaurants.

They used to have the BEST chicken biscuit too....

Jul 17, 2014, 2:34 PM

Might not even be top 5 these days.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Their steak biscuit used to be pretty doggone good, too.

Jul 17, 2014, 2:56 PM

But, ever since I discovered Bojangle's Cajun Filet biscuit, I haven't been back.

yep, bojangles cajun filet, country ham, and steak biscuits

Jul 17, 2014, 2:59 PM

are spot on.

Jul 17, 2014, 3:03 PM

When still get it at least once a week here.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic