»
Topic: Recruit Update: 4-Star PF favoring Clemson, Florida
Replies: 10   Last Post: Mar 3, 2011 5:43 PM by: Outbound®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

Recruit Update: 4-Star PF favoring Clemson, Florida

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 11:42 AM

4-Star PF favoring Clemson, Florida

Read Update »

2018 admin level member

Re: Recruit Update: 4-Star PF favoring Clemson, Florida

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 11:58 AM

6-9, 180? Phew, boy's gonna have to put about 40 lbs on before he will be relevant in the post.

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 12:04 PM

Adding weight is a lot easier than adding height ... :)

Bet he's 200+ by the time he graduates HS.

2018 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 12:13 PM

I can see that. Clemson seems to love these 6-8, 6-9 guys. I'd love to see a 6'10, 6'11 guy get landed sometime soon

even a 2 star 6'10 or 6'11 ?***

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 12:14 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Re: even a 2 star 6'10 or 6'11 ?***

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 12:34 PM

Sure...it can't hurt. I don't want to be come like Boston College and lack a true big man. Obviously I don't want to have a bust like Petronukis (or however you spell his name) and Bobo, but a 6'10" strong PF could hold his own against long big guys. 6'8", not so much.

you don't understand

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 12:40 PM

the game if you prefer 2 star 6'10 over 4 star 6'9

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Re: you don't understand

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 12:48 PM

Haha, you don't understand anything if you care more about their accolades in HS than their production in college. I said I don't care what star they are as long as they aren't a bust. As we've seen recently, Booker and Jennings are proof-positive that rankings in HS are as valuable as the paper they're written on. Honestly, Unless you're a top 20 recruit in the nation, OVERALL, than you can be lumped in with everyone else that is 2 stars or higher.

For every example you give of a 4-5 star recruit being an all-star, I can give you 10 examples of one that was a bust.

I think you misunderstood my post anyway. I never said that I didn't want this kid to be a tiger, but rather that it'd be nice to see us get someone that can actually take up space in the middle and maybe average a double-double a game. Several other teams in the ACC seem to have these guys.

He will probably grow 2 more inches by 2012.***

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 2:27 PM

Re: He will probably grow 2 more inches by 2012.***

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 5:40 PM

I actually graduated from Edisto High back in 06 and went to Clemson...but Brice has been around basketball since he was born his father is the Head Coach and has been for a very long time there. There isnt a time I can remember being a practice or during games and Brice not being right there. We has a very high basketball IQ and is ready to breakout for a great season next year. He's always been a low key Clemson fan too so that'll help us. Im so proud of him being that I've known him for so long.

Def expect him to come to school around 6'11" easy

Posted: Mar 3, 2011 5:43 PM

Already got one. BoBo

military_donation.jpg

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Cotton Bowl
FOR SALE: 2 cotton bowl tickets. Section 425 row 1. Face value or Best offer. Text is best.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2088 people have read this post