Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Re watching and they are saying tired Syr D
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,773

Re watching and they are saying tired Syr D

Oct 1, 2018, 1:23 PM

We were running some even in first half on them. Are they that thin or what? I really didnt notice them being all that ired. This was mentioned mid third qtr

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re watching and they are saying tired Syr D- mid fourth

Oct 1, 2018, 1:24 PM

sorry

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sean McDonough is a Syracuse Alumni

Oct 1, 2018, 1:28 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sean McDonough is a Syracuse Alumni

Oct 1, 2018, 1:32 PM

He certainly is. Amazing that he was able to broadcast the game and remain completely unbiased. He and Blackledge did a great job as usual. My favorite pair of announcers

Re: Re watching and they are saying tired Syr D

Oct 1, 2018, 1:33 PM

IMO Yes, they’re that thin.

Oct 1, 2018, 3:57 PM

Radio guys were also talking about how active the LBs and safetys are, supporting the Run defense and then sprinting back into coverage.

Etienne's long TD came against LBs who had turned their backs on the play. Chase did a nice job of making the handoff look like a fake. Additionally, we were rotating everybody to keep them fresh.

Oct 1, 2018, 1:52 PM

Yes, unfortunately we are. Our starters have been pretty good under Babers and he has improved our depth, but it is still no where close to where it needs to be. Our linebackers have to play most of the game and our top Dlinemen also. That is what killed us last year along with Dungey going out after the FSU game. LSU, Clemson, Miami and FSU was a tough stretch where we played well enough defensively to win all those games and were all close, but they took a toll. Last 3 games of the year you could see our LB's limping around because even hurt and worn out they were better than the subs.

Unfortunately unlike you guys with a top recruit as 5th string to start the year and then come in as the backup we had a walk-on who beat out the other QB's as the backup in 2016 when you knocked Dungey out and last year also. This year we are in a better position at QB, but need to improve the RB situation which may happen next year. Your defense played really well especially in the second have to force our D back on the field quickly, that being said we did play well enough barely that it took a nice play by Brice on 4th and 6 to extend the game winning drive, otherwise we may have held on by the skin of our teeth.

Our hope is that it doesn't happen again this year which is why we need our offense needs to play well, score points in the next 4 games to keep the D off the field and to allow us to sub in more when they we are on D. We'll see how it goes....

Oct 1, 2018, 2:10 PM

Cuse is a lot better than people thought...good luck the rest of the way and hope yall win the rest of your games. The past 2 with y'all have given me heart-attacks

Oct 1, 2018, 3:44 PM

Thanks, same with you guys, I'd like to see you guys win out also and represent the ACC in the playoff. Will be tough but our expectations for the season have gotten higher with the 4-1 start. Key game for the ACC may be our game in Nov with ND at Yankee Stadium. Beating ND would knock them out of the playoff if they are still undefeated at the time I would think.

Clemson coming up to the Dome has become a favorite game for many to look forward to similar to the Miami games in the old Big East, may not have fared well in all of them but they were a measuring stick for us.

Hopefully those that have made the trip have enjoyed it. Certainly not the experience that you may be used to at traditional southern venues but unique in its own way and the better we get we may get back to packing the Dome which is a great experience when its full and the game is competitive against a good opponent.

Oct 1, 2018, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Re watching and they are saying tired Syr D ]

Yes, I was listening to Dino Babers on ESPN radio the week before the game and he said Syracuse was very talented for 23-25 players which could play with anybody in the ACC, but it gets very thin after that. Syracuse's talent level with those players, barring no rash of injuries should be enough to win a majority of their remaining games--let's hope so to give Clemson some strength of schedule!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,773
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic