Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sitting outside the court room
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Sitting outside the court room

Jul 23, 2015, 1:51 PM

with the rest of the media, investigators and the Rogers family. No clue on how this is going to go. I would not be shocked if he gets off, simply because no one saw him do, there is no rock piece, etc. Wouldn't be surprised either if not guilty on Grand Larceny but guilty on malicious damage. Guess we will see.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when did the jury begin delib?***

Jul 23, 2015, 1:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: when did the jury begin delib?***

Jul 23, 2015, 1:56 PM

About 12:20

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks dhood. i'm glad i did not get glitched

Jul 23, 2015, 2:00 PM

like that ##### gwp.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the jury is having a hard time with value

Jul 23, 2015, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: when did the jury begin delib?*** ]

I think there is enough circumstantial evidence that he did it, but they are having trouble with the whole thing because of the questionable value. With that, does the punishment fit the crime in their minds?

They might think he is guilty of a crime, but not a crime that carries a prison term.

I think the longer they stay in there, then the better it is for Rogers. Hopefully, it was already decided to hang him and they just want to have a nice lunch before it's all over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if the prosecution did not show a interview clip

Jul 23, 2015, 2:18 PM

to the jury of dozens, if not hundreds, of Clemson fans and players aged from 10 to 100 answering the question "What does The Rock symbolize to you?", then they are a bunch of incompetents.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if the prosecution did not show a interview clip

Jul 23, 2015, 3:33 PM

> to the jury of dozens, if not hundreds, of Clemson
> fans and players aged from 10 to 100 answering the
> question "What does The Rock symbolize to you?", then
> they are a bunch of incompetents.

There's no way a judge would ever approve that

There is one way.***

Jul 23, 2015, 3:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has anyone asked where the piece of rock is located?

Jul 23, 2015, 1:53 PM

I supposed he won't say as it would be an admission of guilt. If he had any remorse he would say what happened to the piece. I hope he gets the maximum punishment due to his non cooperation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like UNC

Jul 23, 2015, 2:31 PM

no admission of guilt

nobody saw 4000 people take fake classes

therefore, it didnt happen.

Great system we have in place

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It he is not convicted,

Jul 23, 2015, 1:55 PM

look for others to try the same.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

At the end of the day.....

Jul 23, 2015, 2:11 PM

even though no one saw him and there is no rock, based on eye witness testimony, it is entirely resonable to infer, deduce, or construe that Rogers was, in fact, the one who vandalized Howerd's Rock. Furthermore, the security camera didn't show anyone else in the area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

right. So the sticking point is going to be value of the

Jul 23, 2015, 2:15 PM

stolen property and damage of/to the property.

I agree.

Jul 23, 2015, 2:49 PM

There's no hard evidence though most here suspect he did it. I believe the defense guy is a genius to set up a reasonable doubt for the jury.

The other witness distanced himself from the crime while Rodgers remains silent. The stomach excuse will exonerate him in the minds of the jury for not taking the stand and denying his involvement.

The little prik walks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So having irritable bowl syndrome means he didn't do it

Jul 23, 2015, 3:15 PM

Generally, if you haven't done anything wrong, there is no real need to be nervous when being questioned by police let alone feel like you're going to throw up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not saying it's right but you'd have to admit...

Jul 23, 2015, 3:19 PM

that thought crosses a reasonable person's mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the contrary.....

Jul 23, 2015, 3:27 PM

I think any prudent person could very reasonably infer that Rogers is guilty which is why the attorneys try to select jurors who are imprudent and gullible.

nope....

Jul 23, 2015, 4:00 PM [ in reply to I'm not saying it's right but you'd have to admit... ]

a reasonable person would wonder why the h ell it was even brought up. Seems to me they are reaching for an excuse.

Sounds like to me a little spoiled brat has used the throwing up thing his entire life to get his way.

Mom took the stand and said he had a history of stomach

Jul 23, 2015, 3:35 PM [ in reply to So having irritable bowl syndrome means he didn't do it ]

issues.

Ugh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

If he does, he should probably have seen a doctor about it

Jul 23, 2015, 3:53 PM

If not, must not be that serious

Clemson

So is she implying....

Jul 23, 2015, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Mom took the stand and said he had a history of stomach ]

that a history of puking or craping his pants precludes him from attempting such a foolish stunt?

no, but his condition should not lead one to his appearance

Jul 23, 2015, 4:04 PM

of guilt because of it while meeting with the investigators. His attorney is trying to point out that the investigators zeroed in on his appearance of guilt because he was nervous enough to possibly vomit and did not adequately investigate all other leads to rule out other people/suspects and therefore since no one saw him or caught him with the rock chip, there is the possibility that another individual did it and not him. Reasonable doubt.

Doubt maybe but certainly not reasonable doubt IMO....

Jul 23, 2015, 4:09 PM

Per the security video, the kids truck was the only vehicle that stopped anywhere near the gate and the rock that night.

who would be dumb enough to park their car anywhere near

Jul 23, 2015, 4:12 PM

the crime scene?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mom took the stand and said he had a history of stomach

Jul 23, 2015, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Mom took the stand and said he had a history of stomach ]

well la-de-da!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also have stomach issues but I never tried to use that as an excuse for destruction of property and theft!!LMAO.. that worthless PUNK will walk..

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Star witness credibility. He testifies...

Jul 23, 2015, 3:20 PM

that he saw Rogers enter Death Valley, heard shattering sounds, and then relayed that Rogers boasted that he got what he wanted - a piece of the rock.
You would figure if the guy was lying, he would go all the way and say he saw the tools and rock as well.

I too think it all boils down to .......

Jul 23, 2015, 3:29 PM

how much credibility the jury gives the witness.

If I was betting, I would say MI under $2,000....probation.***

Jul 23, 2015, 3:27 PM

If found guilty on all charges, he won't get any jail time

Jul 23, 2015, 3:31 PM

IMO.

He'll likely get a stiff fine, a lengthy probation, and he'll probably have to perform hundreds of hours of community service.

Re: If found guilty on all charges, he won't get any jail time

Jul 23, 2015, 3:33 PM

that worthless punk should get a minimum of 5 years!!if he returns the piece of the rock!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably not. I think the judge would give him a 2 year

Jul 23, 2015, 3:48 PM [ in reply to If found guilty on all charges, he won't get any jail time ]

sentence with all of it suspended.

Basically means that he has a 2 year prison sentence on his record and if he messes up again, then he will have to serve this 2 year sentence.

So guilty with no jail time. No probation. This is actually worse than probation because there is no limit unless the judge puts a limit on the time when it could be enforced like "2 year suspended sentence for 10 years."

Re: Probably not. I think the judge would give him a 2 year

Jul 23, 2015, 4:04 PM

You cannot suspend a sentence and have it held over his head unless he is put on probation. If he were to violate his probation, then the amount of time over his head could be imposed

2years suspended and 5 years probation for MI

Walks on GL

He'll get a longer suspended sentence if found guilty

Jul 23, 2015, 4:11 PM

probably all 10 years suspended 2 years probation and a lot of money and a lot of community service maybe some weekend time too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought that at first too, but the jury can't change

Jul 23, 2015, 3:32 PM [ in reply to If I was betting, I would say MI under $2,000....probation.*** ]

the charge. Either guilty or not guilty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic