Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Prayer Request.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Prayer Request.

Feb 28, 2014, 9:38 AM

Just wanted all of you to know that our Little Buddy
Rudy,long-haired miniature daschund, passed away on Wednesday Morning here in Clemson at the Animal House.
We were blessed to have him over thirteen years and he was everyone's friend.

I really didn't know how much I loved that little rascal until I saw him in Grammy's lap when he collapsed due to congestive heart failure. We knew back in the summer he had it, and was being treated at home for it and was doing well.

We thought we were prepared for it, but he had his own timetable. Sandy and I had discussed that if he had to be put down, we wished Dr. Turner could do it. As it was, that is exactly what happened.

Rudy went to work with us every day since we got him Christmas 2000 and made the rounds of the banks and sandwich shops I visit during the week. Everyone knew Rudy, and we was just "Rudy's Dad and Rudy's Mom"...

He knew where the banks had the treats, and would get behind the tellers to beg for one.

The craziest thing was that Rudy would lie in Sandy's lap coming here and when we got within two miles of J's house--regardless if we were coming 123 from Easley or from 19B off I-85--he'd get up and start whining, knowing we were getting close. He just knew...

Gosh, I miss him giving me Sugar already, and Grammy's world is upside down right now. We're here because our granddaughter's Birthday was Wednesday(the day he died) and telling her has really put a damper on her 6th BD.

I have picked on a lot of you in fun here on TNet, but right now the Wrights are really hurting.

God's Blessings to all of you.

Go Tigers!!!!

R.I.P. Clyde Rudolph Wright 10/2/2000--2/26/2014

Ron and Sandy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A dog IS part of the family

Feb 28, 2014, 9:42 AM

Sorry for your loss.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sorry for your loss.....

Feb 28, 2014, 10:03 AM

We lost our family dog of twelve years this past summer.

Although it was absolutely time and the right thing to do for him, that certainly didn't make the decision any easier.

Having to put him down was the most difficult thing I've ever had to do in my life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I feel your pain. We lost both our Boston bulls last year.***

Feb 28, 2014, 10:10 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with your family.***

Feb 28, 2014, 10:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Prayer Request.

Feb 28, 2014, 10:49 AM

We have had Golden Retrievers for over 40 years and whenever we lost one it was one of the hardest things for us to go through. We know you are hurting deeply and can only offer the solace that it will get better as hard as that is to believe today. Remember the good times together and I might recommend a site: petheaven.com. Click on the Rainbow Bridge as we found it most comforting. Bless ya'll.

sorry dude...dogs are like humans except for they don't suck***

Feb 28, 2014, 10:50 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Done ...***

Feb 28, 2014, 10:56 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Done ...***

Feb 28, 2014, 11:35 PM

Thanks, Jud!

I am so sorry. My heart hurts for you!***

Feb 28, 2014, 11:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand. I pray you and your family will

Feb 28, 2014, 11:20 AM

heal soon. We have a little guy who is certainly part of our family. God bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for your loss Mr. Wright !***

Feb 28, 2014, 11:55 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry, but for sure Shane is the best person. We had to

Feb 28, 2014, 6:13 PM

put down our bassett, which broke everyone's heart, but we told him we were goin to see his buddy Shane and he didn't have any idea it was going to be sad. All animals and people with an ounce of sense love that man.
And we too know all the banks with treats! Get yourself a shelter dog! It helps.

Re: It broke my heart reading your post.

Feb 28, 2014, 6:35 PM

We had a small dog pass away a year and a half ago. She was our baby. We had her 12 1/2 years. When my daughters were in college they used to joke we loved our "tink" more than them.

Sadly, we weren't there when she passed. We had just left the upstate and driven to Charleston. A family member agreed to stay with her at our house while we were away. We knew the time was coming, but didn't think it would be so soon. As soon as we got the call we left Charleston, drove three hours so we could bury her, and then drove back. I sure miss that little girl.

It's funny you mention her knowing when she was getting close to your destination. Tink was the same way. She knew when we were a couple of miles away from Myrtle Beach, home, or my daughters house. It was amazing.

Just know your Rudy lived a great life.

Re: It broke my heart reading your post.

Feb 28, 2014, 11:30 PM

Baron,
Thanks for the reply. We have had a joyous/heart-wrenching week to say the least. We'll go home and do what must be done to get things in order. Shane Turner is a wonderful friend and Vet. He is doing some thing to help us get through this, but we have to handle the issue of Rudy's things by ourselves. I do not see me doing this, yet it has to be done.
We've had a lot to keep us occupied this week, but when we get home, we'll be without him. I dread that.
Again, thanks for your compassion and response.

Ron

After re-reading your post and Avatar,

Feb 28, 2014, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: It broke my heart reading your post. ]

your response to me was your 6317th post on Tigernet.

Tink and Rudy will descend from the Rainbow Bridge and hamstring some coots this November for sure!!!

Go Tigers!!!

Go Tink!!!!

Go Rudy!!!!

That is cool. I wasn't even aware of my post count.

Mar 1, 2014, 12:00 AM

Thanks for noticing it. I'm glad my 6317th was meaningful. Take care my friend.

Very sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.

Feb 28, 2014, 11:38 PM

We lost two cats in 2013; a15 yr old and a 19 yr old. God bless.

Re: Prayer Request.

Feb 28, 2014, 11:40 PM

Sorry for your loss, Ron. May God grant you peace, comfort, and strength during this difficult time.

Sorry for the loss, as I know how a pet can become part

Mar 1, 2014, 6:43 AM

of the family.

When I was nine, we got a new-born cocker spaniel and named him Casey Jones. He always lived in a dog house in the yard (except for cold weather) and ate nothing but table scraps all his life. After schooling in Rock Hill, Clemson and four years in the Army I called my Dad one Saturday morning, and he told me to hold on a second.

When he got back on the phone, he said that ole Casey had left his yard house, walked a few steps and laid down and died. I was 27...Casey nearly 18! Unbelievable for a dog to live that long, but he did. I think of him to this day.

Hartins is an older guy like me....

Mar 1, 2014, 11:42 AM

I'm just two years younger....

body prolly a lot older, though....

dog heaven

Mar 1, 2014, 7:57 AM

Is a good book for the six year old and anyone else.

Thanks to all of You

Mar 1, 2014, 11:40 AM

All the prayers, words of comfort, and care you all exhibit definitely shows that "There is something in these Hills" on we know about.

I have actually only met about two or three of you in person, but the past three days I have be comforted by so many of you.

we're going home this afternoon to get things in order, then going to the Crush's game in Greenville Sunday to watch Coleman's team 9-10 year old baseball.

Thanks for being there with me. God's Blessings on all of You, my Friends.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic