Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pigskin Prophet Officials Edition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Pigskin Prophet Officials Edition

Nov 5, 2015, 1:25 PM

Does anyone else remember "Leonard's Losers" from back in the day? The Pigskin Prophet takes me back to LL's "weekly pills of prognostication" which were aired on the local radio stations - WAY before Al Gore invented the internet and we didn't have all of the social media that we have today...

...wonder whatever happened to ol' Leonard? Last I heard of him was in the early 80's when I graduated and was assigned up north in the USAF, where the folks on that side of the Mason Dixon Line just don't seem to appreciate good ol' boy southern humor OR college football, at least not as much as we do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Pigskin Prophet Officials Edition

Nov 5, 2015, 2:09 PM

Leonard Anthony Postero, Sr. (December 11, 1922 - July 20, 2001) was a native of Athens, Georgia, best known for his syndicated radio show, Leonard's Losers. He was a 1943 graduate of the University of Georgia and served as an aviator in the United States Navy from 1943-1945.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2015, 2:13 PM

Thanks @oldsvhoolbball!

RIP Leonard Postero

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2015, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Pigskin Prophet Officials Edition ]

Thanks @oldschoolbball!

RIP Leonard Postero

Nov 5, 2015, 2:47 PM

I remember leonards losers very well. The red clay hounds from Georgia. he had a way with words.I use to listen on the radio every Saturday going to the game.The last LL paper I got Coach Howard gave me as he used to pass them out before game time

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic