Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Peyton Broughton commits to Eastern Kentucky
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Peyton Broughton commits to Eastern Kentucky

Aug 15, 2016, 4:31 PM

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Peyton Broughton commits to Eastern Kentucky

Aug 15, 2016, 4:34 PM

I don't get it.

I really don't.

Eastern Kentucky. Eastern Kentucky. EASTERN KENTUCKY ?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

Aug 15, 2016, 6:28 PM

Has to do with us likely getting higher-rated guys. No committable offer there

Aug 15, 2016, 4:58 PM

It's funny ... if BB signs this guy then he gets criticized for going after a guy who is not even rated by 3 services and is rated a 2-star by the fourth. He gets pounded for once again settling for the type of player who can't help him win in the ACC.

But, when the kid chooses Eastern Kentucky (a school from his home state) now somehow the Clemson basketball staff has "failed" again on the recruiting trail.

Hard to see why our hyper-critical basketball fans would have been particularly excited about signing this player or why they would be particularly disappointed in "losing" him.

It's always going to be Brad's fault in the eyes of some...

Aug 15, 2016, 5:01 PM

"they know who they are"

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's always going to be Brad's fault in the eyes of some...

Aug 15, 2016, 8:20 PM

thats about normal.. our recruiting has been SO BAD FOR SO LONG that this is the result..what we need is for some 5+ guys to come down to us, UNC, Duke and KY and chose us!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Milton turned down Powerhouse offers...How did that turn out***

Aug 15, 2016, 9:12 PM

Aug 15, 2016, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Peyton Broughton commits to Eastern Kentucky ]

"It's funny ... if BB signs this guy then he gets criticized for going after a guy who is not even rated by 3 services and is rated a 2-star by the fourth. He gets pounded for once again settling for the type of player who can't help him win in the ACC.

But, when the kid chooses Eastern Kentucky (a school from his home state) now somehow the Clemson basketball staff has "failed" again on the recruiting trail.

Hard to see why our hyper-critical basketball fans would have been particularly excited about signing this player or why they would be particularly disappointed in "losing" him."

- DueWest

I surely hope your comments weren't directed towards me.

Please let me know though ASAP, so I can respond accordingly.

Aug 15, 2016, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Peyton Broughton commits to Eastern Kentucky ]

Yes, it's a lose/lose for BB and understandably so.

If he signs a NR/2* it's not a good sign for our recruiting.

When the NR/2* chooses Eastern Kentucky over Clemson it's an even worse sign. But they have been to the NCAAT more recently than we have so maybe he's hoping for postseason play?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Aug 15, 2016, 7:26 PM

Of course this guy shows up. Clockwork.

This is nothing but a positive. We have guards on our board who are much better players (namely Lavar Batts), meaning Broughton wasn't a "take." We didn't want him.

We only have 2 scholarships to fill. One has to go to a big man, and Ejike Obinna really likes Clemson. The other will be for a guard. Would you rather have Peyton Broughton or Lavar Batts? Easy answer.

Aug 15, 2016, 7:38 PM

You're right....it's a great thing that Clemson sports websites and newspapers across the state wrote articles about a NR/2* player that was set to choose between us and "lesser" schools and then he chose eastern kentucky.

Sends a great message about where our program is.

Like I said...it was a lose/lose situation for BB. Not sure what was so hard to follow about that...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Aug 15, 2016, 7:59 PM

If and when we sign the 4* player we're after then most of the questions about this situation will have been answered.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2016, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Peyton Broughton commits to Eastern Kentucky ]

> You're right....it's a great thing that Clemson
> sports websites and newspapers across the state wrote
> articles about a NR/2* player that was set to choose
> between us and "lesser" schools and then he chose
> eastern kentucky.
>
> Sends a great message about where our program is.
>
> Like I said...it was a lose/lose situation for BB.
> Not sure what was so hard to follow about that...

I overreacted to your posts. I apologize.

It's simple. We have not been very good under Brownell;

Aug 15, 2016, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Peyton Broughton commits to Eastern Kentucky ]

mediocre at best. 5 years without finishing higher than 6th in our conference. No way in #### you can spin that into "good". 5 years without an NCAA appearence; no way that can be perceived as or twisted into "good". I'm not sure how bad we really wanted this kid, but if he chose Eastern Kentucky over us for any reason other than it's proximity to his home, then this would have to be a big disappointment. If Brownell gets us to the NCAA tourney and competing near the top of our league, then things like this won't mean nearly as much.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

No player with anything NEAR top-shelf talent...

Aug 15, 2016, 8:12 PM

is going to pick Directional Kentucky Tech, even if it's right down the street from his crib... unless his academics are so poor that he couldn't even get into UNC.

It's laughable that anyone see it as relevant to anything even if he had committed to the ACC basketball school over Directional Kentucky Tech. We HAVE the facilities now, which is the excuse that all of the meager BB apologists have made to excuse the dismal mediocrity that is Clemson basketball now. It's time for this guy to show he can develop the talent he's ALREADY GOT, or he needs to go. One more year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you haven't seen ANY development in KJ, JB, Landry, or

Aug 15, 2016, 8:15 PM

Sitty?

Did you seriously bring up Nnoko, or try to

Aug 15, 2016, 8:21 PM

give Brownell credit for ANYTHNG KJ did? Let's suspend belief for a moment and say that Brad had some impact on the D-League guy, or that Nnoko actually peaked in his senior year (neither of which is true by the way); what GOOD did it do Clemson basketball? We're MEDIOCRE, and Brownell is making $MILLIONS for it.

It's enough. The emperor is butt nekkid.

did either of them improve from their FR year?***

Aug 15, 2016, 9:11 PM

Nnoko was better as a junior...

Aug 15, 2016, 8:35 PM [ in reply to you haven't seen ANY development in KJ, JB, Landry, or ]

than a senior. And that's the problem with Brownell and his hapless staff; they don't get any consistency, any lasting results out of any of the players they have, even though at times they look pretty good. Like that streak in January where The Well was a hard place for even the upper echelon ACC teams to come in and win. Short lived success as always for this guy.

Again it's enough. Haven't you seen enough by now to know what we're paying this guy $MILLIONS for?

when you saw Landry as a FR, did you think he would be in

Aug 15, 2016, 9:10 PM

the Top 5 of ANY Clemson records?

Records Shmecords

Aug 15, 2016, 9:57 PM

The program is mediocre and has been thus for years. And there's NOTHING you can point to that indicates any change in that state of affairs.

Enough is enough. Barring an absolute miracle (ACCCG appearance, not only an appearance but a WIN in the NCAA tourney, he needs to be paid and sent packing. Cut the losses and start over.

Re: Records Shmecords

Aug 15, 2016, 10:00 PM

There's nothing? Really? You can't look at the roster and point to improvement? Seriously?

There's no point in having a conversation with you because you refuse to look at it objectively. You're like a SC fan with garnet colored glasses.

You win the prize...

Aug 16, 2016, 11:09 AM

for the most ironic post of the month. Looking at the last 6 years of our basketball program, and YOU equate ME as a coot with garnet-colored glasses? Unreal.

I supported Brownell until the mounting evidence would no longer allow me to do so. When and if Brownell's program translates into tangible results, then you will be right in your analysis and I will be forced to admit it. Until then, you have nothing of any substance to support your argument. Clemson basketball is mediocre; and I want better. Evidently people like you and deroberts prefer mediocrity to admitting the truth. That's sad, especially considering that we're on the hook to this guy for $millions.

but that wasn't the argument you posed...You said he doesn't

Aug 16, 2016, 11:57 AM

develop players and you were wrong, even if you can't admit it

Re: You win the prize...

Aug 16, 2016, 12:58 PM [ in reply to You win the prize... ]

Can't wait until next March. Start thinking of how you like your crow served.

so you're saying there has been ZERO player development?***

Aug 16, 2016, 12:12 AM [ in reply to Records Shmecords ]

Re: It's simple. We have not been very good under Brownell;

Aug 15, 2016, 9:53 PM [ in reply to It's simple. We have not been very good under Brownell; ]

> mediocre at best. 5 years without finishing higher
> than 6th in our conference. No way in #### you can
> spin that into "good". 5 years without an NCAA
> appearence; no way that can be perceived as or
> twisted into "good". I'm not sure how bad we really
> wanted this kid, but if he chose Eastern Kentucky
> over us for any reason other than it's proximity to
> his home, then this would have to be a big
> disappointment. If Brownell gets us to the NCAA
> tourney and competing near the top of our league,
> then things like this won't mean nearly as much.

I'm sorry. But this is just so off base.

The failure of this basketball staff...

Aug 15, 2016, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Peyton Broughton commits to Eastern Kentucky ]

has nothing to do with some kid who picked Directional Kentucky Tech.

Re: The failure of this basketball staff...

Aug 15, 2016, 9:59 PM

old groundhog day awoke from his slumber i see.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2016, 5:33 PM

I thought i read somewhere that he wasn't expected to commit to the tigers. The reasoning was they have guys higher on the on the board that they're waiting on.

Aug 15, 2016, 6:31 PM

First of all I read that the Clemson "offer" was not a committable offer. Second, there is absolutely no mention of this on another major board. So, I am figuring that it is not a big deal. In fact, I never even heard of this guy until Kornblut put him on the pages of The State paper today.

Good for Peyton; congratz to the young man.***

Aug 16, 2016, 11:10 AM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic