Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perhaps this has previously been posted
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,168

Perhaps this has previously been posted

Feb 17, 2015, 11:26 AM

and, if so, excuse my repost but before you get on Coach Leggetts case too much please read the article in Upstate Today by Steven Bradley on Feb. 14th. We aren't playing by the same rules as many of our opponents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perhaps this has previously been posted

Feb 17, 2015, 11:54 AM

Not surprised that I have no response from the Bashers!

Feb 17, 2015, 2:13 PM

It is an interesting article, and I have not made up my mind on Leggett. I am confused by the following from the article:

"Other rivals such as North Carolina have a leg up by being able to offer need-based financial aid, meaning if a top recruit comes from a low-income home, those schools can offer the player basically a full ride without it counting against their scholarship allotment. Clemson can’t do that either."

Why "can't" Clemson offer need based financial aid to baseball players? Is it a University decision, state law? It obviously isn't an ACC or NCAA rule.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"To hell with the best team winning, I want us to win!"- Frank Howard

Feb 17, 2015, 2:49 PM

For those that do not recognize it - CLEMSON runs the university like a BUSINESS. This does NOT always coincide with the wishes and wants of our fans. Study how they make their decisions. It's been obvious for decades, and it is consistent. You can almost predict their next decision based on their history.

If you want to watch it happen, wait until Jack leaves (fired or whatever). You want to see some b-itching going on - just wait until that domino falls.

Feb 17, 2015, 2:55 PM

One Championship in 19 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 18, 2015, 9:30 AM

....but I have a lot of faith in this year's team. Coach L has a contract and it needs to be honored. I am convinced that our coach will give up his contract for 2016 if this year does not meet his expectations. Clemson is a class university and we have class fans....patience for a little longer.

Feb 18, 2015, 9:58 AM

YOU ACT SURPRISED THAT our idiot fans have no clue about those restrictions. hell, we have fans that think we still only recruit players from up north, even though we have 5 players on our roster that live north of north carolina. coots have 10 by the way. and the fans that think we have a roster full of midgets on the field. fact is, we have had a lot of things working against us for years, most of which is being taken care of. that being said this is a talented team that needs to get the job done or there will be changes. plain and simple. really cant figure out why our so called fans can not get behind the players and coaches till the end of the season. then it will all shake out one way or the other.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey now, don't be hatin on

Feb 18, 2015, 10:03 AM

midgets

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Feb 18, 2015, 10:00 AM

Excuses

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,168
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic