Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People who would root for FSU to win the NCG.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

People who would root for FSU to win the NCG.....

Nov 3, 2014, 7:47 PM

....would you also be happy watching your wife with some other dude?

Because rooting for your second biggest rival to win a national championship is IDIOTIC.

That's the whole point of rivals. You root for pain.

Your rivals winning titles is supposed to be extremely painful.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People who would root for FSU to win the NCG.....

Nov 3, 2014, 7:50 PM

The question bills down to what you are.

Are you a Clemson fan first and foremost?

Or are you an SEC hater first and foremost.

Clemson fan who wants what is best for Clemson and bad

Nov 3, 2014, 8:21 PM

for $EC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson fan who wants what is best for Clemson and bad

Nov 3, 2014, 8:29 PM

Will never pull for jameis winston

Nov 3, 2014, 8:36 PM

So you would rather a SEC team beat FSU in a national championship so they can brag more about how great they are? You guys need to start realizing that you need to pull for the ACC more than any other conference. The quicker you learn this the better off you will be.

Nov 3, 2014, 8:45 PM

The only thing FSU winning does is build their program. FSU being a dynasty is awful for us because we play them every year.

Lol @ FSU being our brother. F that.

I want that program to go 0-12 every year.

Conference d riding is for moronic SEC fans you morons.

Do you derive some boost in your self esteem by

Nov 3, 2014, 9:12 PM

having an overriding tendency to call everyone who does not toe your own personal line insulting names or are you trying to compensate for some deep personal character flaw where it makes you feel superior to others?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2014, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson fan who wants what is best for Clemson and bad ]

Bmoretiger, I completely agree with u. Even if FSU wins another natty, peoe aren't going g to give the acc any more respect. They are just gonna say that FSU is all the ACC has.

What good is it to us for them to build a dynasty?
Absolutely none.

Nov 3, 2014, 9:22 PM

And I also agree that USC, FSU, and Georgia tech are our biggest rivals. I don't want any of them to ever win a game.

Nov 3, 2014, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson fan who wants what is best for Clemson and bad ]

I hope the championship game comes down to Michigan State or Oregon playing and SEC team and absolutely destroying them for the all to see. That is just me.

On to us for a minute, if we run the table winning 8 games in a row and a bowl game after losing to FSU on their field because of a couple of missed FGs, missing a wide open Leggett for a TD, fumbling inside FSU's 10 yard line, etc. shouldn't we be ranked in the top 10 next year? We play Louisville on the road next year, FSU and GT at home, a depleted coot team with Lord knows who at QB, etc. with a more experienced Watson, a better OL, experienced D even with the losses, probably a better secondary, probably stronger at the RB position. We could make some noise. Do we play Notre Dame next year? Also not sure who we open with.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2014, 10:00 PM [ in reply to Clemson fan who wants what is best for Clemson and bad ]

Absolutely! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would say they are our 3rd biggest rival.

Nov 3, 2014, 7:51 PM

1. Coots
2. ESecPN
3. Fsu

Jmo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would say they are our 3rd biggest rival.

Nov 3, 2014, 7:57 PM

Let me know the next time we play ESPN.

Teams Clemson fans should most fear winning a national championship.

1. South Carolina
2. FSU
3. Georgia Tech

I don't think we need to worry about GT winning a National

Nov 3, 2014, 8:00 PM

Title anytime soon...

So if we watch the national championship game and the

Nov 3, 2014, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I would say they are our 3rd biggest rival. ]

Tigers are not in it, we are required to be neutral?

What other rules are there regarding whom I am allowed to pull for, and not allowed to pull for? Does it matter that my Mom went to FSU? Or is that inconsequential?

Nov 3, 2014, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: I would say they are our 3rd biggest rival. ]

We play them every week!

Listen, I'm not putting on Osceola gear, but an FsU W does benefit Clemson.

Message was edited by: elwyn07®

Nov 3, 2014, 10:09 PM

I do agree, and it especially helps when we beat them, along with other ESecPN teams. Anytime anybody beats one of them it is good for the rest of us, because it takes them down a notch and show a chink in their self and ESecPN anointed armor.

Nov 3, 2014, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: I would say they are our 3rd biggest rival. ]

Thank for the input ... COOT!!!

Nov 3, 2014, 10:26 PM [ in reply to I would say they are our 3rd biggest rival. ]

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! in that order

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2014, 8:10 PM

I believe the apt saying is:

"I against my brother, my brothers and I against my cousins, then my cousins and I against strangers"

FSU is a rival, yes, but they're still "family", so to speak. USC/SEC/etc, not so much.

Nov 3, 2014, 8:24 PM

I believe the apt saying is:

"I against my brother, my brothers and I against my cousins, then my cousins and I against strangers"

FSU is a rival, yes, but they're still "family", so to speak. USC/SEC/etc, not so much.

^This. They may be a rival but they're still ACC and seeing them win, even if it means we don't have the same shot, adds legitimacy to our conference, our schedule, and shuts up the SEC but riders for at least a little bit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But if Bama wins, then USuCk wins by proxy....

Nov 3, 2014, 8:16 PM

~signed,

Any Random Coot...

So we should get NCG rings for FSU ' S NC last year?

Nov 3, 2014, 8:23 PM

And I mean us, the fans. ACC! ACC! ACC!

Re: So we should get NCG rings for FSU ' S NC last year?

Nov 4, 2014, 7:08 PM

No. In fact, about 75% of the people in this thread are arguing against that. Are you dumb?

What if the MNC was FSU vs SCAR?

Nov 3, 2014, 8:20 PM

You would pull for SCAR?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't even force myself to pull for FSU anymore

Nov 3, 2014, 8:24 PM

I don't even know how their own fans justify pulling for them.

Hate = coots = espn

Nov 3, 2014, 8:44 PM

NM

Sorry, while I can't stand them

Nov 3, 2014, 8:46 PM

I have the IQ high enough to realize in today's world, a NC from the conference HELPS at TV contract time. Maybe you should think outside the box before questioning other's IQ.

If you don't know this conference is desperate for respect..

Nov 3, 2014, 9:01 PM

then welcome back from whatever planet you've been visiting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you don't know this conference is desperate for respect..

Nov 3, 2014, 9:18 PM

Conference respect doesn't win Clemson games or national championships. So I don't care.

This is the Playoff era. Go 13-0 and we will make the Playoffs 100 times out of 100. Go 12-1 and we will make the Playoffs 95% of the time.

Has the wife put on some weight or is she thin??***

Nov 3, 2014, 9:15 PM

Nov 3, 2014, 9:33 PM

our conference is arguably the weakest aside from the big 10.

While i want us to beat fsu, our conference needs better players.

The SEC does play better competition from top to bottom, and denying that is what is foolish.

I say root for the ACC and if they recruit stronger, then we get to play better competition and get better because of it.

in 2011 we were complaining about respect and ranking and got demolished because we hadnt beaten anyone good. Bring on the competition and kick their butts.

Also, blindly cheering against so called rivalries is backward and dumb. there are situations where a rival winning can help us. Some of you focus so much on USuck as if beating them is so important. yes it means something, but if they are as bad as yall claim, then where is the glory in beating a weaker opponent.

i say let them win all their games except when they play us. this way it makes us look better. whether we like it or not who we play and who we beat matters, and beating a 4-6 coot team doesnt mean anything to the voters.

there are implications beyond having to hear your ignorant neighbor boast some. trust me if we lose to a sub 500 team, vs a 9-2 team, the ragging will be worse, and deservedly so.

I'm sure you're one of the people that hopes fsu loses even

Nov 3, 2014, 9:39 PM

if it puts us in a garbage bowl instead of a bcs bowl. You act like fsu is as big of a rival as USuCk. They're not, and nowhere close. Maybe if you live closer to florida they are but we see them and their fans once a year and while they're by far my favorite team to see us beat in the acc with uncheat right behind them, I don't harbor the hate I do towards USuCk towards them because we interact for a week then after that week whoever won the game goes to the championship and nothing more is said except the shoulda coulda wouldas. I'll tell you this for sure I hope fsu beats the ##### out of any sec team they play I hate the sec and all it embodies more than shameis dumbo and free shoes university by a wide margin. If it were an instate team or anything like the coots then yeah I can see what you're saying but they're not. That being said I would go to a lesser bowl over the orange bowl if it meant USuCk didn't get a shot at the championship but we will never have to worry about that scenario for several reasons, the big one being they'll never have that opportunity. Fsu winning over all the sec teams would actually make me very happy this year, of course I want us to win it more than anything but if it can't be us I would hope anyone in a conference outside of the sec could win it preferably an acc team but I'll take anyone over the sec and it appears florida state is the only team they'll give that shot because the only reason they're still even in there is because they're still undefeated from last year, the playoff committee and espn is going to do their very best to put bama in along with 3 other SECheat teams but they can't do anything about florida state unless they lose.

Nov 3, 2014, 9:56 PM

And I guess you would be rooting fo another SECheat team? Please!

Nov 3, 2014, 10:34 PM

people,people, people. with the season being where it is; and if you are a CLEMSON fan; you must pull for fsu to win out. we go to orange bowl if we win out. now if fsu could loose 2 conference games; we don't pull for them. that ain't gonna happen as i said last week. sooo we pull for them because it helps CLEMSON. you have to look at the bigggg picture. fsu goes to ncg; we go to ORANGE BOWL. us playing in the orange bowl helps us with recruiting etc. fsu playing in ncg; especially if they win and keep an sec team from winning helps ACC which helps CLEMSON. why would you not pull for them?

Nov 4, 2014, 6:34 PM

I get it, but as of the last installment of the NC Bowl Selection committee had 3 SECheat teams in the top 4 (I think I'm right on that). The last thing I want is for us to have no dog in the fight, so I certainly want FSU in it, and it does give us the OB, $$$, and recruiting leverage. You are right on that.

Nov 4, 2014, 12:32 AM

Started out pulling for Auburn last year but got fed up with all the SEC bull. Was happy to see FSU win.

Nov 4, 2014, 1:06 AM

And I suppose you were also happy when ESPN was slobbering over Jameis acting like a clown when we went thought the nightmare that was our game this year.

But yes it would really benefit is for FSU to win another and ring in another killing recruiting class that we have to compete against!

I love Clemson and want us to be in the best position possible to win a national championship.
I'm not going to sacrifice that because of some weird hatred for a TV channel. If you hate ESPN so much just watch FS1.

Why do you care who other people pull for so much?

Nov 4, 2014, 4:07 AM

If you can't understand florida state winning over the SEC is better for clemson and everyone in the acc then I guess you'll never understand. Fsu winning the championship won't change anything except make the acc just as formidable as the "mighty sec" especially if fsu blows an sec team out. I don't know 1 clemson fan that would pull for an sec team to win against anyone in our conference. I would like tcu to win but fsu is the best case scenario for us it's really that simple. I dislike fsu and some of their fans are jack arses but every trip there and when they come here their fans don't come close to being as bad as sec fans like georgia and USuCk. We see them once a year and they're over 6 hours away they aren't as big of a rival in the form of a hated rival like USuCk like you seem to think they are, all florida state is to us is the biggest game of the season nothing more nothing less and of course I dislike them just because they aren't us and it's our biggest competitor in the acc but outside of acc play and what affects us I could really give a ##### what fsu does unless it hinders us or if it's something that would help us like winning out. Maybe you live in florida but no one in clemson really gives a ##### about fsu after the week we play them. Could you really pull for the bammers or georgia or god help USuCk over florida state?

Re: Why do you care who other people pull for so much?

Nov 4, 2014, 5:24 AM

I agree 100%. If this year the Tigers won against the 'noles I wouldn't really care how they ended up. That lost put the Tigers' fate in others hands.

Witch is better a 10-2 Tiger team going to the Orange Bowl because the 'noles made the playoffs or a 10-2 Tiger team going to the Peach Bowl [ if they're lucky enough to be chosen ] because the 'noles lost and didn't make the playoffs.

Remember that is this year, next year I will pull against the 'noles until the outcome of the game between the Tigers & 'noles.

Nov 4, 2014, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: People who would root for FSU to win the NCG..... ]

Auburn somehow competes with Bama's recruiting classes. And vice versa.

Auburn winning a title doesn't seem to hurt Bama's recruiting class.

Both are in the same conference AND also same state.

Guess I'm just not seeing how FSU winning the title hurts Clemson as far as recruiting.

Also, take a look at our current recruiting class ranking as of today. We're in the top 5 just one year after FSU won the title.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPiN's touting the SEC has driven this nation to insanity.

Nov 4, 2014, 12:37 AM

Count me one of the patients.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RECRUITING! RECRUITING!

Nov 4, 2014, 8:39 AM

Let me get this straight: we pull for our division rival to win their games so they'll play in the NC Game. If they win the NC Game, what do you thing this does to our recruiting? Do we want the undecided kids to have their mind made up by this game? I'd much rather lose a recruit to Alabama - who we don't play - than to the crimi-noles...WHO WE PLAY EVERY YEAR!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic