Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Paw pst reminds me- does anyone remember at W-B stadium
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,906

Paw pst reminds me- does anyone remember at W-B stadium

Jun 26, 2018, 3:47 PM

in maybe the 70's didnt they have a dugout are with steps on the football sidelines so the benches were several feet below the field level. What idiot thought that was a good ideal?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Paw pst reminds me- does anyone remember at W-B stadium

Jun 26, 2018, 4:09 PM

I think there were levels due to the artificial turf at the time. I'm not positive. My dad was at Carolina in the 70's. Is there really any benefit to playing football on artificial turf vs real grass?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2018, 4:13 PM

Yes, orthopedic surgeons profits skyrocket.

Jun 26, 2018, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Paw pst reminds me- does anyone remember at W-B stadium ]

Yeah it was then. No and if you've ever walked on one it is hard as a rock. It feels like a beach towel put down over concrete

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2018, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Paw pst reminds me- does anyone remember at W-B stadium ]

I hated playing on turf in any sport, it gets very hot in the day and snags your cleats on attempted cuts which is very dangerous on your ankles as well as it just plain doesn't feel good being tackled on it. It's like another poster said it feels like you lay a blanket on concrete, a pro to it is that it's very low maintenance and always tends to look good so about the only benefit to it is the university only making a one time payment putting it in instead of having some sort of field management to take care of it.

Jun 26, 2018, 4:29 PM

I remember it. Thought they were just too embarrassed to show themselves..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2018, 4:52 PM

One disadvantage to artificial turf in Columbia is there is no mowing jobs for their engineering grads on campus.

Jun 26, 2018, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Paw pst reminds me- does anyone remember at W-B stadium ]

They like to feel cooped up!

Jun 26, 2018, 8:11 PM

They sold ground level seats so teams were supposed to sit below field level,gamecock did, Clemson never entered them and the fans behind them bitched the whole game

Jun 27, 2018, 6:57 AM

That was the brainstorm from Paul Dietzel, who also introduced their fight song, “step to the rear and let a gamecock lead the way.” Premium priced seating at ground level and no one could see the action because of players, coaches and staff all standing in their normal positions on the sidelines.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,906
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic