Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parks update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Parks update

Jan 6, 2015, 7:44 PM

Thank you so much Tigers for your prayers and well wishes. Many asked for updates so I wanted to make sure I kept everyone informed. There is a CaringBridge account set up if you would like to visit but it will ask you to sign up so if that isn't your thing no problem.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/parkshutto

Here is the latest update:

Although Parks is still in critical condition and on a ventilator, he's responding to treatments and seems to be "heading in the right direction". He was able to breath on his own today for a while and was able to communicate via a touchpad. Specifically pray for the lessening of the fluid around his heart and lungs.

Please, please keep praying for this precious family and Park's recovery.

Ginny and John (parents) have been overwhelmed by the amount of prayers, love and support from friends and family.

Oh yeah, this is Parks:

photo BE20D8AA-8556-42DA-8288-AECDE82D60D0_zpscnvt1knq.jpg

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Re: Parks update

Jan 6, 2015, 7:47 PM

Praying for him now!! In Jesus Name

Jan 6, 2015, 7:48 PM

You got it! Thanks for the update. Pray that each day is one step closer to a full recovery.

Obviously I missed something

Jan 6, 2015, 7:51 PM

Don't like to hear things like "caring bridge" followed by pictures of kids. Certainly praying, but can you give me (and others who must have missed the original post) a brief synopsis of what is going on with this young man?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I"ll have to defer to CC for the details

Jan 6, 2015, 7:54 PM

but basically it's a high school kid who is a friend of CC that is in critical condition in a hospital. The fact that he's sometimes breathing on his own is a lot better than the report CC gave the other day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obviously I missed something

Jan 6, 2015, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Obviously I missed something ]

Here is my original post. Thanks for the prayers.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16623975

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Jan 6, 2015, 7:55 PM

Thanks for keeping us up to date. Praying for all involved, particularly this young man.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will definitely be praying. My

Jan 6, 2015, 8:02 PM

Mom was in ICU for 28 days last August. "Responding to treatment", "Heading in the right direction", "Breathing on her own", if even for a little while, and "communicating with us" were all events that were music to our ears at the time. These were the baby steps we all cherished as she made her way to release from ICU on the 28th day and release from the hospital 2 weeks later, Sept. 10th. I will certainly pray for this family and they will make it together. One piece of advice someone gave me that had been through such a thing was not to panic if, after they come off the ventilator, they get put back on it. It can happen. Well, it did to us and still I felt crushed, but understood and all was for the best. Trust in the professionals and pray for God to guide them.

Jan 6, 2015, 8:12 PM

Glad to hear the positive progress. I will continue to keep Parks in my prayers. I hope his family can feel the love that is coming their way. If it is possible, please continue the updates.

Sure thing, coot.

Jan 6, 2015, 8:52 PM

God bless and be with him and his family even if they are coots too, and you too, coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2015, 9:10 PM

Thanks for that update. Prayers have been lifted up for Parks and his family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Missed the original post, but thanks for the link. Glad to

Jan 6, 2015, 9:17 PM

hear that he seems to be improving and will keep him, his family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my prayers

Jan 6, 2015, 9:18 PM

Nm

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic