Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One time transfer rule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

One time transfer rule

Feb 20, 2020, 2:59 PM

Every year we ask "who will transfer?" when we are preparing for spring practice. Everything will change with the 1 time transfer rule, but right now Dabo is the standard for how/when his players leave.

- Freshman get an opportunity to compete
- Red shirts receive world class training, advance their education and only lose 1 year of eligibility
- Juniors/Seniors often have a degree and the staff helps them find a good fit with 1/2 years left

The only target for transfers during spring practice are sophomores or juniors who have not graduated. In either case why would you transfer now to sit out instead of training and transferring with automatic eligibility as a graduate.

All of this leads me to the question, if it can be done why are we changing the rules to reduce the motivation to graduate?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: One time transfer rule

Feb 20, 2020, 3:37 PM

That would be year that you are able to play, marketing yourself, getting your name out there, getting game reps. In theory of course. A lot of these guys don't end up doing better as we know. But what I would say is, these kids only have so much eligibility and time to make it. I for sure don't think it should be the wild west of free agency, but I also think the one time transfer rule would be fair.

Feb 20, 2020, 4:41 PM

As I see it,the question is how or will, This change the way coaches coach their teams? Does it mean that coaches may be forced to give playing time to developing players to have harmony on their teams or will they risk losing players who haven’t develop as quickly as they would like? It’s going to be interesting to me to see how this develops over the coming year. Frankly I think our Tigers are in much better shape to live with this rule than most others. Even with the wealth of talent on the Clemson team.

Feb 20, 2020, 6:25 PM

Considering the relative few number of non-graduates leaving Clemson, I think Dabo and company have it figured out.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic