Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Omaha and CWS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,161

Omaha and CWS

Jun 27, 2012, 2:00 PM

Just got back from Omaha, first time trip. Left Greenville on Saturday at 11:30 pm. Drove 1,100 mile in 17 hours and got to stadium at 4:30. Got tickets, found a very reasonable hotel room.

Sad that my coots lost, hats off to Arizona, they deserved to win.

If you've never been, be sure to go if you have the chance. I will go back as often as possible.

Those of you who have gone to the CWS probably experienced the same things I did:

1) the people of Omaha make it their personal mission to make sure you have a great time, best hospitality ever!

2) Stadium is awesome, somewhat of a three ring circus outfield, Spring Break meets Field of Dreams

3) The Drover Steakhouse is a MUST EAT there place. 20oz T-Bone....

It is a realllllllllllllly loooooooooooooooooooooooog drive home after losing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Omaha and CWS- So sorry about your coots

Jun 27, 2012, 2:13 PM

is what I would say if I cared. which I don't

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hallmark - when you care enough to send your very best

Jun 27, 2012, 5:35 PM

74 - when you care only enough to type that you don't care. :-D

so you DO care, but at the minimun level

Yeah yeah great experience, life changing, yada yada

Jun 27, 2012, 2:21 PM

tell us more on the 20oz T-Bone.....

Puts this Firehouse Sub I'm looking at to shame.

Joel are you lost?***

Jun 27, 2012, 2:22 PM

In more ways than one.***

Jun 27, 2012, 2:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yup.***

Jun 27, 2012, 2:31 PM

Omaha is a cool trip

Jun 27, 2012, 6:51 PM

I went last year & saw the 1st CWS game at the new park. It's a nice town...a lot to do near the stadium and in the Old Market area.

I'd love to go back when the Tigers are there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Omaha is a cool trip

Jun 27, 2012, 6:53 PM

why would you go when clemson is not there. you live close by. me and the wife went in 2010. she could give a flip about baseball but even she loved it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Omaha is a cool trip

Jun 27, 2012, 7:36 PM

Because that is something you go to, regardless of if your team makes it or not, if the opportunity presents itself. I've gone to 3 Final Fours now, and never once did Pitt make it (I was still in JH and HS for these, so I was rooting for my mom's alma mater at this point in my life, had yet to even visit any part of Carolina outside Myrtle Beach), but each and every time, it was an awesome experience. You end up rooting for stories and the teams with the best fans, and its a great time. Plus, back in these days, Pitt would have choked if they had made it, so at least I didn't have to deal with a loss during the experience.

Awesome trip even without your team there

Jun 28, 2012, 8:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Omaha is a cool trip ]

LSU is a great example of supporting the sport and Omaha in that they send 1000+ fans even when their Tigers don't make it and the city absolutely loves them for it! I was very glad to see more than just a couple of Clemson people went this year even though we didn't get there.

Granted I live a lot closer and that makes it easier but it is absolutely something a baseball fan of any sort should get to do at least once.

Re: Omaha and CWS

Jun 27, 2012, 7:16 PM

We tried to tell you what the outcome was going to be, happy that you had a great time and safe trip

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Omaha and CWS

Jun 28, 2012, 9:03 AM

Omaha is a great baseball city. The people are nice and the LSU baseball fans are great. They tailgate like Clemson fans bringing their grills from La to Omaha. It is a lot of fun going to the games when you enjoy baseball. Hopefully, the Tigers can get back there soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,161
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic