Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I Think SEC Football Has SEEN Its Better Days ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

I Think SEC Football Has SEEN Its Better Days ...

Jan 3, 2013, 6:07 PM

If you analyze the SEC Football model, its boils down to this:

Get very big (many obese), belligerent people for defense

Run a very conservative (aka boring), "smash mouth" offense ....

Result: Much like a Japanese Sumo Wrestling Match when watching two SEC teams play... two big fat guys pushing against each other, and whoever gets pushed out of the ring first "wins". Very exciting, like watching grass grow, like watching paint dry, like watching an Alabama vs LSU Football game .... (I fell asleep watching the two games, really, its was that exciting)

What we are seeing ... a fast attack blitzkrieg offense more often then not will wear down the "obese" SEC Defense. At first, people will bounce off the fat people on the SEC Defense ... but then the more athletic and in shape Offense will soon wear down the fat guys who will gasp for air and universal concern goes up that mass heart attacks will occur ...

What I am saying in a nutshell ... give me an up tempo, well executed spread offense against an SEC defense anytime ... a competent defense will stop the typical brain dead SEC offense ... and the ESPN experts will scratch their heads and make excuses and....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to be negative Nancy...

Jan 3, 2013, 6:11 PM

And I agree that the SEC is on a downfall, but don't forget,

the AU vs Org. game a few years back(i know they only won by a field goal, and they had scam newton)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

250,000 to Cam for the national title***

Jan 3, 2013, 6:19 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not to be negative Nancy...

Jan 3, 2013, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Not to be negative Nancy... ]

I agree...I foresee the SEC falling and the ACC getting stronger!

Re: Not to be negative Nancy...

Jan 3, 2013, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Not to be negative Nancy... ]

Yea, and if not for the cheap shot on our QB we beat Auburn. Kyle Parker was not the same QB after that. That pretty much ended our season. I'm still trying to figure out how they ended up winning the MNC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Think SEC Football Has SEEN Its Better Days ...

Jan 3, 2013, 6:58 PM

The SEC has just barely touched the tip of the iceberg. When the SEC exspands you can look for va tech and possibly Strong crowd to be invited . The only way to win the national championship game is to be STRONG on the oline and Dline something Clemson is not and will not be as long as the Dumbo is at CU. Morris does run a good offense but he wants his own gig! Clemson is like the little boy looking from outside the store into the candy window. Not gonna make it

And USuC is like the little boy who got inside.............

Jan 3, 2013, 7:05 PM

the candy store and got all the red licked off of his candy by the big kids.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Think SEC Football Has SEEN Its Better Days ...

Jan 3, 2013, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I Think SEC Football Has SEEN Its Better Days ... ]

So you didn't watch the CFA monday night. Our DL demolished that big bad OL from maybe the SEC's best. If your conference doesn't start getting some O and fast they are gonna be in serious trouble. If CU hadn't spotted LSU 10 pts we'd a won by 3 TDs. Oh yeah and y'all will need some midol next year too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic