Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basically the loss Saturday doesn't matter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Basically the loss Saturday doesn't matter

Oct 16, 2017, 4:43 PM

We just can't lose again. Kind of like last year

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basically the loss Saturday doesn't matter

Oct 16, 2017, 4:47 PM

Putting it that way, you are correct.
However, just like last season, we will probably need some outside help.

Oct 16, 2017, 4:49 PM

I don't think we do. If we beat GT and then NCState we will be 4th or 5th in the initial rankings. By end of season, if we win out, we should be 4th or higher and get in even if Cuse pulled the miracle and ran the table. i.e. Ohio State last year getting in at 11-1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2017, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Basically the loss Saturday doesn't matter ]

> Putting it that way, you are correct.
> However, just like last season, we will probably need
> some outside help.

I think we got some help Friday after our game as well as on Saturday. Still control our destiny. Win out and should be in.

No help needed. We win we're in.

Oct 16, 2017, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Basically the loss Saturday doesn't matter ]

1 loss defending national champion is a no brained!

Re: No help needed. We win we're in.

Oct 16, 2017, 4:57 PM

Brainer. Speak of no brain

your right the loss Saturday doesn’t matter... cause it was on Friday***

Oct 16, 2017, 4:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorta, and sorta not . . .

Oct 16, 2017, 5:00 PM

Yeah for purposes of merely making it into the playoff, that's true - or, it may end up being true (we'll see), but it could matter for seeding purposes. That just depends, also. To some degree it'll depend on how Syracuse finishes (and VT, Louisville, Auburn and maybe SC for that matter)

Now then, we won't go unbeaten, and in this championship-centric era in which we find ourselves, in which every last development is immediately reduced to that - I still care simply whether we lose a game or not, and whether we go unbeaten or not. Not that anyone on here doesn't care, but when we start talking about "mattering" and "not mattering" in such reductionist terms, it feeds that "championship-or-bust" mentality. For crap's sake, we lost a game - that in and of itself is a bummer. Heck, if I could take back any loss in Clemson's history during my lifetime (since '76), it might be that Pitt game last year. It didn't stop us from winning the big one, but it could have been an unblemished season - a perfect 15-0 - first ever.

everything counts in large amounts

Oct 16, 2017, 5:27 PM

A man from Essex once said!

The hail it don't.

Oct 16, 2017, 5:29 PM

If cuse wins out we're screwed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The hail it don't.

Oct 16, 2017, 5:33 PM

How so? And if they are as bad as everyone is saying what chance do they have to win out?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The hail it don't.

Oct 16, 2017, 5:33 PM [ in reply to The hail it don't. ]

Not if we are NCState's only ACC loss. 3 way tie, we rep the Atlantic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's and excercise in futility

Oct 16, 2017, 6:15 PM

Speculating on the playoff right now is like worrying about which high school recruit is going to sign with us on National Signing Day.

Let's just say that if we win out and go 12-1, and both NC State and the team we beat for the ACC Championship finish the season with less than 9 wins we might be in trouble.

In that scenario if the BIG, Big XII, SEC, and PAC12 Champions all finish the season 12-0; 12-1 Clemson could be left out.

In other words, highly unlikely (or impossible). If we lose again, but with the ACC CG we could still make it, but our odds go down considerably.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's AN excercise in futility

Oct 16, 2017, 6:17 PM

I need to either proof my posts, or pony up and but a membership so I can spell check...embarrassing.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic