Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nastiness
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 936

Nastiness

Nov 25, 2012, 12:32 AM

I think tonight can be summed up with one word -- nasty. South Carolina plays with a physicality, an edge that Clemson lacks. And I think they developed that edge playing in the SEC. There is no doubt and no question that the SEC takes football seriously. The ACC just fields teams. Like all Clemson fans, I am disappointed in tonight's result. My biggest disappointment was the Tigers played their worst game of the season in the biggest game of the season. The defense couldn't get off the field and the offense couldn't get on the field. Dabo has done a good job and he will continue to do a good job. No Clemson coach has faced a South Carolina program this talented on a year in, year out basis. It is just going to take more to beat them. Or Spurrier retiring. Remember when he was at Florida, he never lost to Georgia or Tennessee. Now he has Clemson's number.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nastiness

Nov 25, 2012, 12:35 AM

Oh so true.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting out of the ACC will change nothing until Dabo

Nov 25, 2012, 12:36 AM

and the staff change the culture. We can have all the Ellington's,Watkin's and Nuke's we want, but until you can man up and control the line of scrimmage in a tough game, they will never get over the hump.

Re: Nastiness

Nov 25, 2012, 12:38 AM

This should not come as a surprise. The SEC is far superior to the acc and Gamecocks are far superior to clemson

Re: Nastiness -- That's pushing it...

Nov 25, 2012, 12:50 AM

The game was still a close game. If ya'll were so "far superior", the game would have not been that close. And you would have been leading at half time. The announcer said ya'll had 24 yards of rushing at the half. And that's "far superior"?
There was a reason we both had good rankings, and so close. Ya'll won this particular contest, on this night, congratulations.

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2012, 12:55 AM

I think "far superior" may be an overstatment, but superior is accurate. You guys had the home field advantage, a pumped up team playing for pride and you played well in the first half. I think superior talent on defense separated the men from the boys in the second half. Our 2nd string QB had more yards than Tajh did. Overrated is what you guys are>>>>>> FAR OVERRATED.

Nov 25, 2012, 12:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Nastiness -- That's pushing it... ]

when you run an offense the way we do its hard to be physical on offense but on defense they should want to rip somone's head off.. you can call Swearinger a thug all you want but you want that tenacity on defense.. you have to want to kill someone at all cost on defense..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 936
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic