Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NW Texas Fracking problems
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

NW Texas Fracking problems

Apr 26, 2014, 12:12 AM

I see on the front page of CNN where a Texas family has been awarded $3million for damages incurred due to excessive Fracking. The Fracking has caused a multitude of health problems for this family, including migraines, nose bleeds, vision problems, etc.... In my humble opinion, the family should have never been living so close to this Fracking problem! I mean, whose Fracking business is this that they would penetrate 791 feet from these peoples home? Oh well, I guess these frackers will learn to frack somewhere else, and not expose innocent citizens to the dangers of their continuous Fracking!!! I mean, it's just a Fracking nuisance!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Expect many more....***

Apr 26, 2014, 1:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a bunch of Fracking nonsense to me***

Apr 26, 2014, 1:34 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NW Texas Fracking problems

Apr 26, 2014, 1:49 AM

And another round of kool-aid for all the cnn watchers. Both of them.

Apr 26, 2014, 3:41 AM

Wait...so injecting harmful if not toxic chemicals into the ground to make it possible to drill for natural gas--chemicals and toxins which inevitably seeps into the drinking water is a CNN invention?

I love how the whole conservation or conserve part of conservative has been completely lost. Why don't we actually protect this free country (you know, the actual 'country' part itself)??

You better get your facts straight about this before you begin spouting off.

Apr 26, 2014, 6:33 AM

I love in Western Pa, the virtual epicenter of this type of drilling. I have learned a lot about this and just about everything people hear on the news is BS. The left wants all drilling, mining, stopped ....period and they will say and do ANYTHING to satisfy that agenda.

Go hug a tree.***

Apr 26, 2014, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: NW Texas Fracking problems ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2014, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: NW Texas Fracking problems ]

They inject water. Please tell us the harmful toxins they inject and the % please. Just don't use slogans.

simply not true

Apr 26, 2014, 9:51 AM

as companies have not been required to report what chemicals they were injecting, and we do not have comprehensive data, we do not yet know whether fracking is safe, or not.

but this link to an american chemical society article offers a decent snapshot of what we do know.

http://cen.acs.org/content/###/cen/static/pdfs/Article_Assets/90/09042-cover.pdf

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

It IS mostly water, along with a couple other detergents...

Apr 26, 2014, 11:06 AM

That are no more harmful than liquid soap. My wife, a govt employee who works closely w/ the EPA, is in charge of monitoring its transport. You could drink the stuff and suffer no ill effects. This issue is simply a propaganda campaign on the Left's (& govt's part). The left wants NO drilling at all, the govt simply wants revenue.

liquid chemical compounds are all mostly water

Apr 26, 2014, 11:29 AM

but considering hydrochloric acid, ethylene glycol, chlorinated benzene compounds, and other potentially dangerous compounds as simply "liquid soap" is nuts.

i'm not arguing that fracking leads to environmental armageddon..but i am arguing that, right now, we simply don't have enough information to know that it's safe..consequently, we should proceed cautiously.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Apr 26, 2014, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: NW Texas Fracking problems ]

Please!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2014, 8:06 AM

That's fracked up, man.

This ain't no fracking joke.

Apr 26, 2014, 8:16 AM

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/oct/04/fracking-us-toxic-waste-water-washington

Re: Good. How soon can we fracking don it?***

Apr 26, 2014, 8:23 AM

I am 99% sure that

Apr 26, 2014, 2:27 PM

You just made this topic so you can use a lot of cracking puns...

those symptoms are caused by radio waves from government satellites.

Apr 26, 2014, 9:28 AM

aluminum foil hats are a cheap and easy fix to avoid the beams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Take it to the Lounge***

Apr 26, 2014, 9:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic