Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#NSD2020 on Twitter is interesting- mainly lower
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,421

#NSD2020 on Twitter is interesting- mainly lower

Feb 5, 2020, 10:17 AM

division schools announcing commits. Has the Early Signing Period ramped up excitement for these lower divisions? Rosters for D1 get filled in December and NSD ends up with the stragglers. Maybe more incentive to play for a top D1AA or D2 school instead of ending up at a losing D1 school like USuC. Their colors are ugly as heII too so that may something, too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #NSD2020 on Twitter is interesting- mainly lower

Feb 5, 2020, 10:28 AM

There isn't more excitement for them now than before signing policies were changed.

The difference is that twitter and other media sites are not full of guys announcing all over the country to major schools.

It lets the lower levels get noticed a little more since there are much smaller numbers signing today.

Those schools do tend to wait longer to get guys signed because they get more information on who is available after the December signing.

My local high school had several kids get offers in the last few weeks after smaller schools had to go further down their recruiting boards when guys signed with other programs in December.

Feb 5, 2020, 10:54 AM

Sounds like it’s definitely better for the lesser recruited players. Good stuff.

Feb 5, 2020, 11:09 AM

My son has a couple of teammates who are top 300 national recruits, and then several more who will get scholarships to play football at G5 and FCS schools.

My observation based on watching these guys is that the new early signing period pushes the top tier guys to commit and sign sooner than in the past, which clears the way for the not so highly regarded guys to get more press on the Feb. signing day.

I think that's good. Guys signing with UNCC, for example, get a lot more buzz today than they would if their higher rated teammates hadn't already done their thing in the early signing period.

It's a lot of fun in a small town to celebrate these kids at whatever level they go on to pay. The more attention the smaller schools guys get, the better for them, in my book. It's a big deal for a lot of these kids to get to go to college.

Feb 5, 2020, 11:12 AM

Excellent points.

For many guys college is either a full ride or no college.

One kid near me got his first offer this past Saturday and committed on the spot to be able to go to college.

Small program that doesn't have a great football team, but now he gets to go to school for 4 or 5 years for free and get a college degree.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,421
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic