Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NC State parking options: What's your preference?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 986

NC State parking options: What's your preference?

Sep 3, 2013, 12:30 PM

We continue Flea-Fest 2013.

I'm assuming we will roll the second set up Bulldogs this weekend, setting the state for our third straight canine competition on Sept. 19, a Thursday night game against the Wuffies.

Earlier, I noted that I had a pleasant parking area we've used for more than a decade. Since then, I've been informed that the Triangle Clemson Club, a fine group of folks, is planning a barbecue and has secured parking as well.

I certainly don't wish to impede their efforts, so I'll ask y'all: which would you prefer.

1. Free parking in an open area, a little more distant to Carter-Finley, but easier access. For what you'd pay in the other lot, you could secure a yummy barbecue dinner AND get to meet a new bunch of members of the Clemson Family.

2. Pay to park in an area closer to the stadium, beneath trees with less dust. No food is included, and it's a bit trickier finding and getting out after the game.

I'm happy to help set up either, since I'm just down the road in Faynam. I'll provide maps to the preferred site for anyone needing them, and I'll have the snakes and strychnine, no matter where we're setting up shop.

So: what say ye?

Which parking site would you prefer?    [Results]

Free is better, plus food is available
I prefer scenery, even if it costs $10-$15
I'll be parked in my driveway, watching on TV.
I'm a cowardly Coot, but my vote counts, too!
badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NC State parking options: What's your preference?

Sep 3, 2013, 12:31 PM

will bullet proof vests be provided or should we bring our own? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been a while since a night game in Raleigh...

Sep 3, 2013, 1:05 PM

Those games back in the Clamato regime were rough. Just bring a snake or two and it seems to hold the rowdies in check.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bump for any night-side input...***

Sep 3, 2013, 9:18 PM

You coming by the Triangle Clemson Club tailgate again this

Sep 3, 2013, 9:23 PM

Year? We'll be set up in the vet school parking lot

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GLOOOORRRYYYY, I believe! Hand me one of them cobras.

Sep 3, 2013, 9:21 PM

I didn't vote Rev cause I'm not gonna be there. I expect you to represent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rev, how about booking JJW for pregame entertainment?***

Sep 3, 2013, 9:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Park in WestChase suites***

Sep 4, 2013, 10:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Sep 4, 2013, 11:02 AM

I prefer option 1. By the way where is the best hotel to stay? I'm not really concerned with price mostly comfort. I'm taking my husband for his 40th bday.

There are several good hotel options...

Sep 4, 2013, 11:26 AM

Coming up 40 there's a batch of places a few miles south of the stadium near RDU airport. A lot of people stay there, but I'll let them offer particular favorites.

Check out the comfort suites arena

Sep 4, 2013, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: NC State parking options: What's your preference? ]

Which is across the street from carter-finley. you can walk right over:

http://comfortsuitesarena.com/

Sep 4, 2013, 11:24 AM

I just moved to the area and have tickets to the game. Never been to Carter-Finley or know anything about the campus, town, etc.
Either of the parking options sound great to me. Any additional info including directions would be greatly appreciated, Tmail me please. I will check out the Triangle club as well. Thanks!

Looks like free parking is winning...

Sep 4, 2013, 11:28 AM

...which is fine. It's about a half-mile jaunt through the wasteland, but just travel in numbers and all will be well. Wchich side of town are you coming in from, and how comfortable are yu with shortcuts?

Replies: 12
| visibility 986
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic