Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NAVY Honor to be proud of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,754

NAVY Honor to be proud of

Jul 24, 2019, 3:52 PM

My wife is working in Virginia Beach this week & last night she had to make a stop at Target. It was pouring rain and as she exited her rental car with her wallet, she thought she hit the door lock on her key fob. When she returned soon after, she saw the trunk lid open on her car and a young man standing by by it. She had accidently hit the 'trunk' button. She knew her purse, laptop and briefcase were in there and as she cautiously approached, she saw that it was a Navy sailor standing guard over her possessions in the downpour. He didn't want to close the trunk for fear of locking her keys up, but also didn't want anyone to steal her possessions.

What an awesome display of pride & patriotism this young man demonstrated as he made a small sacrifice to the betterment of all Americans with his display of class & character towards a complete stranger.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NAVY Honor to be proud of

Jul 24, 2019, 3:57 PM

Outstanding!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2019, 3:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Here is a PRIME example of the other side of the coin

Jul 24, 2019, 6:09 PM

The slimy, degenerate scumbags out there that make decent people want to puke...a real sorry sack here.
1994 and his pathetic squad of Sewer Dwellers that make T-Net Boards almost unbearable to be a part of.

A real embarrassment to Tiger Nation...

You don't really mean that.

Jul 24, 2019, 6:19 PM

I forgive you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 24, 2019, 3:59 PM

This is awesome and it pains me to say this. However, after 30 years in the Navy, I can say if she'd had a case of beer in there, the situation may have ended up differently.

Fly Navy!

Jul 24, 2019, 7:14 PM

Or a Marine and she left a can of shoe polish in the trunk.

Jul 24, 2019, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Re: NAVY Honor to be proud of ]

Johnnie Walker and I’d agree.

Jul 24, 2019, 4:01 PM

Awesome example of Class, his mama and the Navy raised him right. Proud of this Sailor, did she let his commanding officer know. Hope they gave him some recognition an atta boys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 24, 2019, 4:30 PM

GO NAVY!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all the bad news EVERY DAY EVERYWHERE

Jul 24, 2019, 5:43 PM

it's great to hear a story about discipline, honor, and integrity.

Thanks!

Believe it or not

Jul 24, 2019, 6:48 PM

But there are a LOT of good honest people in the world . We don’t hear about them enough. We all love a feel good story like this.

Some day when I have hours to kill I’ll tell you about some of my ex partners in the land business. I got to the point where I refused to do business with anyone who went to church more than once a week! Those that run and down the aisle shouting AMEN are the ones who really get you.

Re: Believe it or not

Jul 24, 2019, 8:38 PM

A developer friend told me the three people who were the worst types to build a house for are a preacher, a professor, and a lawyer.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2019, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Believe it or not ]

Hopefully, I'm not going to start an argument, but not everyone that is at Church every time the doors open, is a hypocrite, or without honor. I won't defend anyone that will cheat, swindle, or steal from anyone else, regardless of how much they go to Church, but there are Christians, that I know, that will bend over backwards, give of their money and time, when they have very little of either, to help someone that is less fortunate than themselves. They do this regardless of race, or station in life, or whatever. They do it because of the Love of Christ.

God bless you all.

Jul 25, 2019, 10:50 AM

I couldn’t agree more with what you say. Unfortunately there are those who wear their religion on their sleeve but they are putting up a false front for all to see! And, it works for them!

Jul 25, 2019, 11:32 AM

You're right Forest. I've seen this first hand myself. Another unfortunate effect of their actions is that some people tend to characterize the good ones, that live by their Christian beliefs, with some others, whose sole motivation is self gain.

Anyways Forest, hope we all enjoy this upcoming football season as we cheer the Tigers once again.

HOLY ####### #### THIS IS THE BEST STORY EVER

Jul 25, 2019, 10:58 AM

Man. This totally restored a bit of faith in humanity. WOW. Thank you for sharing this. That is the kind of character we should all aspire to have.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are right joe

Jul 25, 2019, 11:05 AM

The young navy guy is a special kind of person!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,754
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic