Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My ranking of the top undefeated teams by best
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,478

My ranking of the top undefeated teams by best

Oct 8, 2019, 5:46 PM

win so far:

1. LSU at Texas
2. GA home vs ND
3. Florida vs Auburn
4. (Tie) Ohio St vs Michigan St
Clemson vs Tex A&M
6. Alabama at USux
7. Oklahoma at Kansas

Agree, or not?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My ranking of the top undefeated teams by best

Oct 8, 2019, 6:32 PM

Have to disagree.

LSU, agree no dispute.
UGA, hold my nose and agree... although I will say ND had a QB they’d have walked the dawg.

I’d tie fla and Clemson for 3

Oklahoma, 5 Bama 6, and tosu 7.

O31O last because mich st might not score on usuck. Mich st has a D but that’s it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2019, 6:38 PM

LSU
Florida (AU more proven than ND)
UGA
Clemson
Ohio St
Bama (best win may be Duke instead of SCar)
Oklahoma (best win = TTU, not KU)

Oct 8, 2019, 11:46 PM

When Bama beat Duke, the Coach Cutt was breaking in a new QB at a neutral site...Bama plays neutral site games every year but Duke doesn't, so that's a huge advantage for the Tide.

I actually consider Bama's 49-7 win over So Miss at home their best win so far. All 5 of their Ws are poor.

Oct 9, 2019, 9:18 AM

Completely disagree. I don't think Texas is very good. They have the #104 defense and the #19 offense. That's playing Rice and a rebuilding West Virginia. Notre Dame has the #42 offense and the #15 defense. That includes a win over a good UVA team. I don't know why people are off the Auburn wagon because a true freshman QB struggled away at one of the hardest stadiums to play against an undefeated team. They still beat Oregon and dominated the A&M as much as we did. Auburn is the #34 offense and the # 22 defense and has played Oregon, A&M, Mississippi State, and Florida, the toughest in the country to this point.

In addition, Texas Tech is clearly better than Kansas. Tech has the #18 offense and the #90 defense. Kansas has #101 offense and the #92 defense. Texas Tech is also 3-2 just beat a ranked Oklahoma State decisively. Kansas is 2-4 and their marquee win is over a horrible Boston College.

I also am not sure South Carolina is Bama's best opponent. South Carolina is the #63 offense and the #66 defense. They are 2-3 (I could go ahead and write them as 2-5 considering the next two weeks). Ole Miss is the #46 offense and the #74 defense. They're 3-3. Duke is the #83 offense and #42 defense and is 3-2, with a close loss to Pitt and a blowout loss to Bama. I'm inclined to give the nod to Ole Miss here, as they have the best average stats, a tough schedule, and a better record than Carolina.

I'll agree with Michigan State being Ohio State's best game at this point due to a top 20 defense, but keep an eye on Cinci, who just might well end up 11-1 and win the AAC. And I would have had A&M as a better win, but they do not look very good, getting man-handled by Auburn exactly as bad as we did them and Arkansas almost pulling out the W.

Finally, I'm not prepared to write off Michigan yet. They're loaded in talent even if the offense has been horrendous. They looked ugly doing it, but they beat a good ranked team in Iowa. And Pitt is clearly better than any of Bama's opponents thus far.

So, with that in mind, I'll reorder them like:

1. UGA home vs. ND
2. Florida vs. Auburn
3. LSU at Texas
4. Ohio State vs. Michigan State
5. Wisconsin vs. Michigan
6. Clemson vs. A&M
7. Baylor vs. Iowa State
8. Penn State vs. Pitt
9. Wake Forest vs. UNC
10. (Tie) Oklahoma vs. Texas Tech
10. (Tie) Bama vs. Ole Miss

I only did the P5 undefeateds, but I'd put Boise probably at #6 since winning in Tallahassee to start the year with a true freshman QB is impressive, and A&M typically plays significantly worse on the road than at home.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,478
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic