Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My daddy was born and raised down in Pickens
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,681

My daddy was born and raised down in Pickens

Dec 7, 2018, 8:15 AM

On a farm way back up in the woods
He was so ragged the folks used to call him Patches. His Papa used to tease him about it 'Course deep down inside He was hurt 'cause he'd done all he could.

My papa was a great old man. I can see him with a shovel in his hand. See, education he never had but He did wonders when the times got bad. The little money from the crops he raised Barely paid the bills they made. You see Tnet, life had kicked him down to the ground. When he tried to get up life would kick him back down.

One day his papa called him to his dyin' bed, Put his hands on his shoulders And in tears he said, "Patches, I'm depending on you son,
To pull the family through,My son, it's all left up to you."

Two days later papa passed awayAnd Imy dad became a man that day. He told mama he was gonna quit school, But she said that was daddy's strictest rule.So every morning 'fore he went to school, he fed the chickens and I chopped wood too.

Sometimes he felt that he couldn't go on.
He wanted to leave just run away from home
. But he would remember what his daddy said
With tears in his eyes on his dyin' bed.
He said, "Patches, I'm depending on you son
I tried to do my best, It's up to you to do the rest"

Then one day a strong rain came And washed all the crops away. And at the age of thirteen he thought he was carrying The weight of the whole world on his shoulders.

And you know, his mama knew what he was going through, 'cause, Everyday he had to work the fields 'Cause that's the only way they got their meals. See, he was the oldest of the family And everybody else depended on him.

Every night he heard his mama pray, "Lord, give him strength to make another day".

Though years have passed and all the kids we grown. The angels took his mama to a brand new home. Lord knows tnet, he shed a tear.
His daddy's voice helped him through the years... Sayin, "Patches, I'm depending on you son, To pull the family through, My son, it's all left up to you"

Now he I am, a clemson grad , waiting to go To the Cotton Bowl to watch the clemson football team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: My daddy was born and raised down in Pickens

Dec 7, 2018, 8:20 AM

This your day off?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2018, 8:22 AM

If you could put your life story to music - with a little editing - you might have something here

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 7, 2018, 10:11 AM

I believe Clarence Carter would get royalty payments!

Never heard of him.***

Dec 7, 2018, 10:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Patches is that you?***

Dec 7, 2018, 8:36 AM

This is very touching

Dec 7, 2018, 8:37 AM

But I’d have told the man to shove it, die already. I want to smoke some pot and chase women.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,681
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic