Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My best transcript of Dabo on Packer today, LONG:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

My best transcript of Dabo on Packer today, LONG:

Sep 27, 2018, 8:15 PM

-- If there is a change we'll all see it, and that's what happened this week. Trevor just made a move and its what I felt like was best for our team. I did not anticipate that Kelly would leave, but even if I did, I certainly wouldn't want to play him and take away that opportunity.. it just kind of worked out that way. We certainly wish he were here, better team with him. But he's not. He made a decision he thinks is best for him, we support him. He's a Clemson grad. He's represented everything the right way and beyond what was asked of him. But my job is to play the best guys, and I've always done that. At this point Trevor is the right guy and I got to move forward.

Packer: Have you spoken to KB?

--We've had some texts back and forth, but not talked. Talked the day he left, texted afterward. I don't have any hard feelings towards him. Its impossible to say anything bad about Kelly Bryant and I really wish nobody would. He has a right to make a decision, and I wish he was here, and I didn't agree with his decision, but, he didn't agree with my decision. So he made a decision he thought was best for him, and you have to support him in that, and you have to move on.. and that's what we have to do. Wish him the best, love him to death, but again, I'm never going to apologize for playing the guy that gives us the best chance to win. I've done that my entire career whether it was a FR lineman, QB, WR, whatever.. The best player plays. A walk on WR in Renfrow in the first NCG was the best player. That's our job as coaches, and sometimes those decisions create a stir, esp when dealing with QB, but you have to make those decisions. Sometimes you make good decisions, sometimes you make better one, sometimes you make wrong ones, but you have to make decisions based on what you think is right and live with the results. I have zero doubt that TL gives us the best chance to win after 4 games. I have pretty good amount of data from January on to make a decision like that.

Packer: Trevor's response when you told him he was starter?

-- Not much. Thank you coach. I got you. Look forward to it. He's a very simple guy, low maintenance, said I'll be ready. That's the sad part. This kid earned it. And KB did nothing wrong, but this kid just earned it. I hate it for him bc he thinks the world of KB, but his job is to come in here and be his best and he certainly shouldn't apologize for that. Just like CW, Sammy, DW.. been through this many times. This new rule in college has created new drama. And I could have waited a week and KB would be stuck, but I'm not gonna do that. I hope no college coach ever does that... Kelly would have continued to play, and play a lot, but that's not what he wanted to do.

Packer: Demeanor of locker room?

-- These guys are ready to play Syr. Everyone has a job to do. Big boy football. Guys have to step up. Everyone understands next man up... happens all the time. Our guys understand competition. Coaches coach and players play. It was a story for a day because everybody loves Kelly, and its like dang because you wish he was here, but you gotta move on. Everyone just ready to go play Syr and find a way to win.

Went on to praise Syracuse O, D, coaching, etc.. Big time match up. Strong athletic, experienced good football team. Division game, important. Making sure we aren't the ones to leave with a loss. Division game, our next goal is win the division. Secondary anxious to defend the pass after 3 option style teams. Laid an egg last time against TexAM, buys are eager to play better.

Packer: 250 defended plays. My duty to report to you the progress. 250 defended plays, 1 declined holding call at TexAM.

--We obviously played the most clean and effective offensive lines in the history of college football. Either that or we're so fast and elusive they can't get a hold of us, I don't know. You just figure somewhere along the line, we'll get one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: My best transcript of Dabo on Packer today, LONG:

Sep 27, 2018, 10:05 PM

thanks for posting

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 10:18 PM

Thank you for sharing that.

Sep 27, 2018, 10:23 PM

Nicely done. If not for the abbreviations, I would have thought it was word for word.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Slow day at work.. I literally would listen 10 secs, pause, type, repeat.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:05 PM

I kept thinking I would stop, but everything he said semed important or fun for us Clemson fans.

He also really likes Mark Packer so those interviews are my favorite. Dabo even said to Packer, I waited til our interview today to say no more KB ques, but I wanted to give you the chance.

Pretty cool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dude - if you get in a habit of doing this, I'm

Sep 27, 2018, 11:29 PM

Going to feel like I need to pay a subscription.

Good work!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats a great idea.. the keep doing part.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:32 PM

I'll try to post them each week. Thanks for the idea!

null

Re: Thats a great idea.. the keep doing part.

Sep 27, 2018, 11:55 PM

Thanks, I like Packer and wish we could still get his show locally.

Sirius XM is worth the price

Sep 28, 2018, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Dude - if you get in a habit of doing this, I'm ]

For afternoon drives with Packer alone.

Jump on a special when you can. Then before it expires, call to cancel and you can get a better rate.

You missed the funniest part

Sep 27, 2018, 11:38 PM

Pack asked about the volunteer QBs and whether Christain Wilkins was among them..

Dabo said he raised both hands and his left leg. Said they have a lot of options if they needed it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 11:50 PM

Thanks! This was awesome.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outstanding job (Not long enough)

Sep 27, 2018, 11:56 PM

Point for you sir.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 7:36 AM

Thanks soywaker®!

Up until I retired Dec ‘16, I would time my afternoon commute home in order to catch the Dabo interview at the end of Mark Packer’s show every Thursday.... this makes me realize how much I missed it. Think I’ll just start sitting in the car and listen to them the rest of the season!

+1 my friend!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 28, 2018, 9:25 AM

Awesome post! Dabo is incredible!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He really is. I trust everything put of that mans mouth.

Sep 28, 2018, 12:49 PM

Its a good lesson in that when you alwys tell the truth, you can always feel comfortable in what you say. He exudes that. Courage to do what is right. Love that man and learn from him all the time.

null

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic