Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Dad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

My Dad

Sep 11, 2018, 9:05 PM

If my Dad were still living he would have been 147 yesterday. Yesterday I was thinking about some of the funny stories and verses he would recite when I was a young kid. Many of those I remember as if were just yesterday. Being at the beach yesterday this one rang a bell."

'twas midnight on the ocean.
Not a streecar was in sight.
The sun was shining brightly.
And it rained all day that night.

And then -----

YYUR
YYUB
IknowUR
YY4Me

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Dad

Sep 11, 2018, 9:14 PM

I gave you a thumbs up, but to be honest I don't get it. I just enjoyed the story. If your father would be 147 is the 21 in your user name your birth year making you 96-97?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2018, 9:33 PM

Most likely. Joe is a WWII and Korean vet I believe.

I hope I’m not banned from TigerNet by the time I hit that age.

Message was edited by: Classof09®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Sep 11, 2018, 10:56 PM [ in reply to Re: My Dad ]

YYUR Too Wise you are.
YYUB Too wise you be.
IknowUR I know you are
YY4ME Too wise for me.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2018, 9:33 PM

That’s crazy to think how close your father was born to the civil war.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Yes Jersey...

Sep 11, 2018, 9:35 PM

Joe is 97!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes Jersey...

Sep 11, 2018, 10:51 PM

LBB -- You make me feel old. I will not be 97 until Nov. 25, the day after we defeat the Gamecocks. Have a little over two months to go. My Dad was 50 years old when I was born. My Mother was 14 years younger than my Dad.

My Dad taught us to live by three "Don't" rules. Don't LIE, STEAL or CHEAT. My life hasn't been perfect re the rules but I have attempted to abide by them.

Sep 12, 2018, 6:23 AM

Wow! That's awesome. Thanks for posting.

Your story reminds me of one I read a few months back about how John Tyler (10th US President) stiil has 2 living grandchildren. He was born in 1790, one year into George Washington's presidency, had a kid when he was 63 in 1853, who then had a kid when he was 75 in 1929. So just 3 generations of that family span 228 years. I thought it was fascinating.

Sep 12, 2018, 2:45 PM

Your comments re President John Tyler is interesting for several reasons. I have met the grandson who was born in 1929, His son married one of my distant cousins. Had an interesting conversation with the grandson. His wife was from Edgefield, South Carolina, and one of my daughters is good friends with other members of her family.

Sep 12, 2018, 4:18 PM

Lol. That's an amazing coincidence. Thank you for carrying the Clemson torch as long as you have.

Sep 12, 2018, 9:01 AM

Joe21® said:

If my Dad were still living he would have been 147 yesterday. Yesterday I was thinking about some of the funny stories and verses he would recite when I was a young kid. Many of those I remember as if were just yesterday. Being at the beach yesterday this one rang a bell."

'twas midnight on the ocean.
Not a streecar was in sight.
The sun was shining brightly.
And it rained all day that night.

And then -----

YYUR
YYUB
IknowUR
YY4Me

Dang it Joe, your post makes me a bit emotional for some reason. I don't like to be emotional :). The things that you have lived through not to mention adding that stuff that your Dad passed down to you in person is so amazing. I wish there was a way for you to capture all that "first hand" experience of the good and bad of the history of our great country for future generations. It certainly is not being taught in our schools. Go Tigers!
-Esso

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

similar:

Sep 12, 2018, 5:20 PM

Early one morning,
about midnight,
two blind men began to fight.
Back to back they fought each other,
drew their swords and shot one another.
A deaf policeman heard the noise
and came and killed the two dead boys.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic