Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More potential bad news...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,582

More potential bad news...

May 4, 2012, 3:52 PM

"Adderall is on the NCAA's list of banned substances as a stimulant. It is permitted under NCAA rules if the athlete is diagnosed with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and has a legal prescription."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/04/sammy-watkins-arrested-clemson-drug-charges_n_1478405.html

And...

"31.2.3.4.2 Positive Drug Test—Non-NCAA Athletics
organization. A student-athlete under a drug-testing
suspension from a national or international sports
governing body that has adopted the World AntiDoping Agency (WADA) code shall not participate in
NCAA intercollegiate competition for the duration
of the suspension.
"

http://150.174.33.55/~jjunot/special/2011_NCAA_DTProgrambook.pdf

I'm sure that the big wigs at the NCAA offices have already picked up the phone and "requested" that Sammy take a pee test....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Ah Fu....***

May 4, 2012, 3:53 PM

was not aware that Watkins was......

May 4, 2012, 4:01 PM

"A student-athlete under a drug-testing
suspension from a national or international sports
governing body..."

keep grasping at those straws.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: was not aware that Watkins was......

May 4, 2012, 4:06 PM

Well obviously not. But the point I'm trying to make here is that giving the national visibility of this case don't you think that the NCAA is going to starting sticking their noses around? The fact that an NCAA student athlete was arrested for possession of a substance on the banned list is enough to make them start asking questions.

The point is, that everyone here is say 1,2 or 3 game suspension, and I'm just saying that it has the potential to be much worse.

Personally, I'm sad for Mr. Watkins and his family.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

didnt you just post this same thing

May 4, 2012, 4:03 PM

Under another thread?........lonnie is a coot plain and simple....idoit.

It doesnt stay in a system long, i have a prescription

May 4, 2012, 4:10 PM

and taken it less than 12 hours before a drug test for a new job, it didnt show up and they test for it, seen it happen for everyjob ive had to take a test for....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Image hosting by Photobucket

Well there you go...

May 4, 2012, 4:13 PM

thx 4 the 411.

I smell burnt Chicken

go home and take care of your own players.

Re: I smell burnt Chicken

As I said yesterday, I'm a Citadel grad, but thanks for playing.

May 4, 2012, 4:14 PM

I finished in 1991 India company

May 4, 2012, 4:16 PM

Same year, right across the hall (K). I bet we know each other...

You still have a rooting interest for one or the other

May 4, 2012, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I smell burnt Chicken ]

or you wouldn't bother to be on a fan board

Re: You still have a rooting interest for one or the other

May 4, 2012, 5:47 PM

I have family that went both places. I pull for both teams from time to time bust chops equally on both sides.

What I'm not into is reveling in the potential downfall of a talented young man no matter what color jersey he wears. I really hope this doesn't hurt him or his dreams (NFL) in the long run.

A little message board banter is one thing, but the bottom line is this is a young man's life.

Potential downfall? LOL.

May 4, 2012, 5:50 PM

Cut the crap, coot. You sound like that clown elcid1985 or whatever his cocklovin phoney handle is.

Re: You still have a rooting interest for one or the other

May 4, 2012, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: You still have a rooting interest for one or the other ]

I also should have said, in the vein of full disclosure, that I also pull against both teams from time to time too. I think that's as honest as I can be....

FWIW, I've taken some post graduate continuing education classes at Clemson and about 10-12 years ago, I was informally offered a PhD assistantship that I had to turn down because of where I was in my life at that point. In someways that might have been a mistake, but it wouldn't have led me to where I am now, so I can't 2nd guess it.

Re: More potential bad news...

May 4, 2012, 4:15 PM

They can test him when the season starts. Considering most pills stay in your system less than a few weeks, Sammy will be good to go!

May 4, 2012, 4:23 PM

Do they do a test panel for adderall in standard drug test? I don't think they do unless they are testing specifically for it. I know people who take meds that do not show up on the standard 5 panel drug test and they never get caught because a 10 panel test costs significantly more.

Even if they did get caught they are in their legal rights b/c they have valid prescriptions. All Sammy needs is to have the Clemson docs pre-date him a ###### and he is good to go. Sammy for Heisman and Coot-Killer!

May 4, 2012, 5:43 PM

I think it shows up as an amphetamine, that's what I've always been told.

It is exceptionally rare that I TD a post.

May 4, 2012, 4:16 PM

You, sir, are special in my book.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2012, 5:28 PM

Who ever said he was tested postive for using?
Has the drung test came back from SLED or DEA?
Who really knows what the pills were?
I would think and hope the players are given a drug test
has he ever tested postive for using any drugs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2012, 5:37 PM

Of course he hasn't tested positive for anything. All I did was identify the worst case scenario, which prudence dictates. Everyone was saying a game or two, all I did was say that if the NCAA sticks their nose in, it could get worse (ie POTENTIAL bad news). I didn't say it WAS getting worse.

As for the pills, you don't have to have them tested to find out what they are. Every pharmaceutical from antacids and vitamins on up have special identifying markings on them that you can look up in "the pill book". My brother in law the paramacists taught me that. You can also look them up online, and it's a pretty common practice in law enforcement (My B.I.L. also used to work from NC SBI as a drug enforcement agent).

You can see for yourself.
http://www.rxlist.com/pill-identification-tool/article.htm

I don't undertsand where you're getting this "potential"?

May 4, 2012, 5:47 PM

Sammy is not under suspension for a drug-test failure, and the legislation you're referencing doesn't mean the NCAA is going to rush into Clemson and try to force a drug test.

May 4, 2012, 5:32 PM

I'm pretty sure he'd have to take it the same day as the test for it to come up.

May 4, 2012, 5:46 PM

Adderall is clearly marked as such. I don't know about Vyvanse(sp)

Either way, it doesn't matter. If you look at the police report, Watkins identified the pills as soon as the police officer felt them on his person. That admission is probably all that they need.

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,582
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic