Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, who is your final 4?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 770

So, who is your final 4?

Dec 8, 2014, 8:11 AM

I got same 4 as the committee but different seeds.

#1 FSU
#2 Oregon
#3 Bama
#4 Ohio State

FSU/Ohio St in Sugar
Oregon/Bama in rose

Oregon wins CFP over FSU

What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, who is your final 4?

Dec 8, 2014, 8:13 AM

Bama
Oregon
FSU
TCU

Just my opinion that TCU is the best of those 3 teams. I also like FSU as the 3 seed and i think the committee got that right. While i feel that going undefeated in a power 5 conference should pretty much guarantee a team a playoff spot, I don't think it should guarantee them the top seed. I just haven't been that impressed with FSU.

Dec 8, 2014, 8:40 AM

So if you think FSU should be #3 why shouldn't Oregon be #1? Although I don't believe the comittee is correct in ranking FSU #3 I can understand the logic, but if you are going to use the "eye test" to rank FSU #3 you have to say that Oregon is #1 based on the same standard.

null

Dec 8, 2014, 8:43 AM

Good point. Which is why the eye test is good to a point. However, FSU might not pass the eye test, but the facts dont lie, they have won 29 in a row and the only team to go undefeated this year. Thats why they're number 1 in my book.

I wouldn't have a big problem with Oregon being #1.

Dec 8, 2014, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: So, who is your final 4? ]

I just think Bama is a little better myself.

Dec 8, 2014, 8:21 AM

FSU
Oregon
Bama (stupid that after the SEC was exposed they'd still be one)
TCU (Lose to Baylor away in final minutes was by far best loss.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine would be Bama, Oregon, FSU and Baylor

Dec 8, 2014, 8:22 AM

I think Baylor got completely hosed because the Big 12 does not have a conference championship game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Mine would be Bama, Oregon, FSU and Baylor

Dec 8, 2014, 8:26 AM

Real question... why would you put Bama 1?? I seen nothing to justify that.. and their loss was not a good one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A couple of reasons....

Dec 8, 2014, 8:37 AM

Alabama is clearly IMO the best team in the $EC.

Alabama ranks first in FPI and strength of schedule.

Bama has looked more convincing against the majority of its schedule this season and they are 4-1 against teams that held a ranking in 2014 including No. 1 Mississippi State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: A couple of reasons....

Dec 8, 2014, 8:52 AM

Alabama is the best team in the SEC.

FPI is a ranking of how a team will perform against the rest of their schedule. It in no way should be used to determine the quality of a teams performance. On a side note Oregon is #1 in FPI.

Bama's schedule was very underwhelming and they struggled in their 4 road games. That is correct they only played 4 true road games. The combine margin of victory on the road was 16 points so that is 4 points per game. FSU on the road won by an average of 10+ points.

This 4-1 record you speak of consist of wins vs teams who had 4 losses. FSU went 4-0 against such teams.

When you break down the schedule of FSU and Bama the only difference is Bama lost to Ole Miss. Wins include MSST/GT, Auburn/Clemson, Louisville/Mizzouri. So your telling me looking good is worth more than a loss?

null

Re: Mine would be Bama, Oregon, FSU and Baylor

Dec 8, 2014, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Mine would be Bama, Oregon, FSU and Baylor ]

Agreed, if the Big XII had a conference championship game, Baylor and TCU would probably be in the south division. Baylor would represent the south in the championship game against the winner of the north (Kansas State again?). If Baylor won this game then I could give it to them.

Dec 8, 2014, 8:25 AM

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. FSU

I'm not sure why the committee put so much weight on one game in Ohio State beating Wisconsin 59-0. We were told over and over they were going to look at the complete body of work. A win in week one would be equivalent to a win in week 15. I have no qualms with Ohio St being in, in my opinion, it just feels like TCU put out a better product from beginning to end. So if Missouri had beaten Alabama 59-0, they'd be in the final 4 with 2 losses?

Oregon over Alabama for title.

Dec 8, 2014, 8:57 AM

#1 FSU - they are undefeated, and they beat the BEST that the SEC had to offer last season for the NC. They beat the team that beat Bama.
#2 - Oregon - this team will probably win it all, but they do have one loss - so they have to be #2
#3 - Baylor - the Big Xll has a rule that indicates that their head-to-head winner (when tied) will represent their conference. The nation should honor that.
#4 - Bama - just because they are Bama and we don't won't the SEC Nation to be butt-hurt if we leave them out. Their loss was not a good one, and they should not be in the NCG (just like OSU). TCU should actually be #4 if we played fair and did not cater to the SEC babies.

Replies: 12
| visibility 770
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic