Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Michael Jordan question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,794

Michael Jordan question

May 3, 2020, 11:29 PM

Anyone here see him play at littlejohn for unc ? Did he play once or twice in Clemson ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Michael Jordan question

May 3, 2020, 11:49 PM

I saw him in LJ his FR year when Worthy was a SR. As I remember, he was called for travelling quite a few times. I started watching him closer. He wasn't travelling, he was just so ### fast starting out that it looked like he was travelling. I came away from that game impressed with Jordan even though he was a Tarheel. I don't remember how many times he played at LJ. That was when we played home and home on the ACC games each year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2020, 6:06 AM

What's crazy about MJ is that they said he was hand timed with 4.38 40 yard dash. People don't realize how blazing fast he was. Let's say he ran a true 4.45 at his size, that would even be blazing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insider.com/michael-jordan-ran-40-yard-dash-4-38-seconds-ex-coach-claims-2020-4%3famp

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He played at Clemson three times, we almost got him as a SO,

May 3, 2020, 11:57 PM

Warren Wallace played him tough, we lost by 3

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe he played 3 times at Clemson

May 4, 2020, 10:26 AM

'81-'82, '82-'83, and '83-'84. Back then we played everybody twice. We were competitive every game except at UNC in '84. We should not have been. We started a 6'6" walk-on center and UNC was loaded at every position. Murray Jarman turned out to be a baller though and ended being drafted by both Suns and the Broncos, though he did not play football at Clemson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2020, 8:52 PM

Yes, I saw Jordan play three years at Littlejohn, and at the time considered him just another UNC star, in a long line of UNC stars from Phil Ford and before. UNC basketball was what Clemson football is now - a juggernaut. There is no context in the present.

Honestly, Len Bias grew in talent more noticeably than Jordan over three years; but to be fair, Dean Smith controlled Jordan and all UNC ballers. No hot-dogging allowed. And since Jordan was better than Bias as a true frosh, his improvement from year to year did not get the media attention of Bias.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2020, 12:36 AM

SocMan2® said:

Yes, I saw Jordan play three years at Littlejohn, and at the time considered him just another UNC star, in a long line of UNC stars from Phil Ford and before. UNC basketball was what Clemson football is now - a juggernaut. There is no context in the present.

Honestly, Len Bias grew in talent more noticeably than Jordan over three years; but to be fair, Dean Smith controlled Jordan and all UNC ballers. No hot-dogging allowed. And since Jordan was better than Bias as a true frosh, his improvement from year to year did not get the media attention of Bias.

Often wonder how different Jordan's history would've been had Bias not passed away before getting to the NBA.

Idk if it would have mattered but I jus read and heard plenty from around that time that said Bias was up there in terms of talent

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,794
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic