Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Member?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Member?

Sep 7, 2018, 11:49 PM

Member how Hillary ran against Trump? Member how Obama campaigned for Hillary? Member how Obama insulted all the people who voted for Trump? Member, all of us clinging to our guns and Bibles? Member how much Obama helped Hillary lose?

Now Obama is going to be helping other dems. Reckon we'll member?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Member?

Sep 8, 2018, 9:03 AM

I remember being scared when Obama was elected because I thought he was the anti-christ. True story....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I once met a young preacher fresh out of seminary.

Sep 8, 2018, 9:42 AM

I was asking about what he'd studied and what he had learned and he shared a his strange story. He told me of entering school with a 'shirt tail on fire,' attitude. He tore into the assigned material devouring the knowledge and broad opinions it presented.

When he described falling out of fellowship with God after a couple semesters he looked to God for the reason, wondering why he was losing his way. It became clear to him that while he was eyeball deep in reading about the Bible he had neglected to read the Bible.

Time and time again I've shared with others how important it is to spend time in God's word. When I read your post it reminded me to read Thessalonians so I could remind you.

First Thessalonians chapter 5, verses 2 and 3.

"2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape..."

It may happen tomorrow but it can't happen today. No one is saying Peace and safety today. The world is frantic, look around. Look at our cities, the middle east, Europe, Asia.

I don't know who you studied that made you think Obama is the Antichrist but according to what I remember from studying prophecy for a decade Obama didn't have the pedigree or the message. The Antichrist will offend no one, no one will fear him. The Antichrist won't come as a political figure but neutral, one who will garner the love all all mankind except the Church who rejects anyone who is seeking worship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I once met a young preacher fresh out of seminary.

Sep 8, 2018, 10:07 AM

It wasn’t because of anything I studied. It was because I didn’t understand politics at the time and the fact that people will say anything to tear down someone they disagree with politically. I was just going by the chatter I was hearing from conservative relatives.

Re: I once met a young preacher fresh out of seminary.

Sep 8, 2018, 11:35 AM [ in reply to I once met a young preacher fresh out of seminary. ]

No offense my friend, but how exactly do you spend time in God's Word but still have so much hatred for Obama and liberals?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't hate anyone.

Sep 8, 2018, 12:11 PM

I hate homosexuality but I love my daughter and nephew. I hate being called a racist but I love the people who say that about me. I know it's strange to you how a man can hate evil without hating those who do evil thing so I'll explain. I hope you are patient enough with me cause I'm kinda long winded.

My daughter and I hadn't seen each other in many decades. She was four and when I married my second wife, the mother of six of my seven children. The women hated each other and worked in perfect harmony to hurt me and my daughter by attacking each other. The time my daughter and I lost was the results of two hate filled, bitterly jealous women tearing at one another.

After over two decades of marriage my second wife decided she I wasn't a keeper and threw me back in the pond. I moved back to TN where my sister and brother lived to heal. Before and during the rough times with my 2nd wife I taught an adult Sunday School class at a small Baptist Church.

It was Southern Baptist but I decided to study and prepare lessons without the guidance of the Southern Baptist Assembly's literature. I studied and tried to teach the Bible. While learning and preparing a particular fundamental pillar of Christian faith I reached an epiphany.

Some people will steal and some of us are thieves who fight daily against our nature to resist stealing. Some are successful and others fail and take things which don't belong to them. A few just don't have the greed in their hearts to take from others. I think those people are rare.

Some think stealing is just beyond them. They might fudge on their taxes but they draw the line at stealing. Some people will steal, lie and cheat but they would never rape a woman, they draw the line at that. Some people would rape but not a child, that's going to far even for a rapist, that's where they draw the line.

Some men run around on their wives but they would never sleep with another man. Some women are the same. They'll brag about tapping the girl who works in PR but they draw the line at homosexuality or racism or child molestation.

Everybody has their moral limits or rather where they draw the line. The Truth is that there's only one line which matters. That line is drawn at the foot of the Cross of Christ. Everyone on one side of that line is pure and without sin, fit to rule at the Right Hand of God Almighty.

The rest of us are over here together on the other side of that line. When this came into focus for me I realized I could no longer look down upon another, no longer could I hate or loath another no matter what. A Christian's line is at the cross of Christ. It was established long ago and it's immutable. To cross over a man must subject himself to Christ and His righteousness for no other line matters.

I discovered some short months after that realization that my estranged daughter was a lesbian. God had prepared me to love her unconditionally as He had loved me when he moved my soul from one side of that line to the other. He can and will do that for anyone who will allow him to erase their lines with the precious Blood of His Only Begotten Son.

Re: I don't hate anyone.

Sep 8, 2018, 1:14 PM

Unfortunately the vast majority of people in churches do not understand what you’ve said here. For example, a faithful member of my church just posted this on Facebook.

That's your burden, Hop.

Sep 9, 2018, 10:02 AM

You're called to be the example of God's love. You're in desperate need to return to the scripture with a heart ready to learn from Him and do His will rather than digging through the Word looking to prove something. It's His sword not mine and it's not yours either.

They are your brothers and sister, you're responsible to tell them the truth.

I knew we were in trouble when this happened...

Sep 8, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Member? ]

https://imgur.com/a/Xl7n6

You’re deplorable.***

Sep 8, 2018, 10:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm in a nice basket though.

Sep 8, 2018, 11:37 AM

We call it home.

Morning Snowflake

Sep 8, 2018, 10:52 AM

trump will take care of those uppity blacks, having opinions and kneeling and such.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey man.

Sep 8, 2018, 11:39 AM

I lost a bet. I was betting I could make it through the weekend without revealing my racism. You cost me a beer and next time you come to G'ville you can buy me one. I'll get the second round but that's my drinking limit. I am an alcoholic and have to be careful.

Never could speak with an ear piece or functioning Teleprompter

Sep 8, 2018, 10:57 AM

https://youtu.be/eDJSVPAx8xc

Re: Member?

Sep 8, 2018, 11:12 PM

let's see, both of the past two Dem nominees got 65 million votes in the general election

even Hillary, probably the worst candidate the Dems have ever run

if 65 million people prefer Hillary over the Mango Menace... what does that tell you?

do you even civics***

Sep 8, 2018, 11:49 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It tells me the founding fathers knew their chit.***

Sep 9, 2018, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Member? ]

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic