Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe the refs were bad but that’s not why
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Maybe the refs were bad but that’s not why

Mar 3, 2018, 4:19 PM

We lost. Devoe and Mitchell had horrible offensive games. Something like 3-20. Just wasn’t to be. We’ve played great at home, just can’t quite get over the hump on road games. But it’s tough to win on the road in the acc.

Great regular season, especially without your best player for league play.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe the refs were bad but that’s not why

Mar 3, 2018, 4:21 PM

Though I agree we had plenty of mistakes, there comes a point where officiating takes you completely out of the game and shifts the momentum. The last foul on Thomas is evidence of that.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if ref calls got reviewed we win by 10***

Mar 3, 2018, 4:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2018, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe the refs were bad but that’s not why ]

Definately on the refs this game. Our boys played hard in this one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gave them 2 free points in a tie game with 3 mins left

Mar 3, 2018, 4:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe the refs were bad but that’s not why ]

Game-deciding call. And it was absolutely awful.

The refs were bad that’s why we lost.***

Mar 3, 2018, 4:24 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2018, 4:25 PM

Actually, there is a time when it's on the officials. This game was one of them. If Syracuse gets an invite, they owe Christmas/Gift cards to that crew. That was simply brutal.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2018, 4:25 PM

In most games you would be right, but no so much today. Even after I pulled off my orange googles, the officiating still sucked. It was blatantly obvious that the goal of the refs was for Cuse to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not true.

Mar 3, 2018, 4:26 PM

Truth is, we will never know. If the refs has called the game properly, we may have won. I think what you mean to say, to be accurate, is that we did not play well enough to beat Syracuse AND overcome all of the bad calls that went against us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You nailed it. Poor shooting from perimeter hurt as much as refs

Mar 3, 2018, 4:38 PM

Team struggled mightily with zone for much of the game. Shooting poorly lost game as much as refs did. Team did not play up to their standard and they lost, it happens. Let’s hope starting next Friday this team brings their A game ??

Re: Not true.

Mar 3, 2018, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Not true. ]

You said it better than I ever could. Thanks. English not my subject. That and age! Lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That didn’t stop Thomas. Outstanding game by that young man

Mar 3, 2018, 4:26 PM

despite the terrible officiating against him and the rest of our Tigers. Complete hose job by the officials.

Best game Thomas has played all year***

Mar 3, 2018, 4:39 PM

Agree. However lack of fair play can be the

Mar 3, 2018, 4:30 PM

difference in whether the guys choose to play better game in and game out.

This team can play with anybody in fair play. Period.

A guess: The ACC just seems to turn out a “top 3 plus parity” model every year. They use their refs and home cooking calls to orchestrate it. Unless a team needs a road win or is part of the top 3, favor the home team. That ensures the most tournament-eligible teams.

Mar 3, 2018, 4:34 PM

There looked to be pattern. Every time Tigers would get ahead by 1,2 or 3 points refs would call a stupid made up foul.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

So, its not possible to play poorly and still win????

Mar 3, 2018, 4:38 PM

But, but, but, Syracuse only won by a point or two---would you say they played well??/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're a better team, refs stunk it up and gave to #########***

Mar 3, 2018, 4:40 PM

Mar 3, 2018, 4:42 PM

Disagree - it was a tight game that Syracuse needed and they got it. Why did they get it? Because of a few B S calls. Bottom line is what it's all about - bottom line is money - another ACC team in the NCAA tourney means more money

Follow the money

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Mar 3, 2018, 9:28 PM

Need some consistency from scorers. Thank God for Reed. Thomas, great game. Who else?

Not really anyone

Mar 3, 2018, 9:47 PM

Only four Tigers (Thomas, Simms, DeVoe, and Reed) even scored anything. Nothing from the bench and our only threes came from Reed.

Re: Not really anyone

Mar 3, 2018, 9:52 PM

(Not counting FTs)

So BAD officiating is OK when we aren’t shooting well?????

Mar 3, 2018, 9:53 PM

I think some fans just are accepting of bad officiating. Coaches and players deserve a fairly called game EVERY game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So BAD officiating is OK when we aren’t shooting well?????

Mar 4, 2018, 8:28 AM

GOOD SHOOTING will overide BAD officiating __________either way,we are seeded #4,so now is the time for the team to play 110%_______GO TIGERS!!!!!

Mar 4, 2018, 9:47 AM

wrong......players are going to have off days but that is a part of playing the game of basketball.....but the refs are SUPPOSED to be impartial and played just as much a role in this loss......several terrible calls at the end of this game which definitely helped Syracuse win this game......Go Tigers!!!!

Haven’t watched the entire game yet but the first 2 fouks

Mar 4, 2018, 9:53 AM

Of the game were crazy peculiar. Non fouls. On Thomas and Donnel. Thomas was getting blanketed over his back and donnel was watching a guy run by him. After I saw that I knew this was going to be a frustrating game to watch.

Haven’t watched the entire game yet but the first 2 fouks

Mar 4, 2018, 9:53 AM

Of the game were crazy peculiar. Non fouls. On Thomas and Donnel. Thomas was getting blanketed over his back and donnel was watching a guy run by him. After I saw that I knew this was going to be a frustrating game to watch.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic