Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maryland
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 767

Maryland

Nov 19, 2012, 12:01 PM

For all the folks saying "good riddance" to Maryland, I would ask you to look at the history of Maryland and Clemson in the ACC. Maryland has "always" been a solid partner with Clemson on the politics of the conference. This dates back to the conferences inception.

I think that Clemson should have voted with Maryland against the 50 million buyout. Clemson used to be "solid" with Maryland, NC State, Virgina and later GA Tech, FSU and Va Tech.

Clemson is very close to being on an Island in the ACC, and it will not be a fun place.

FSU and Ga Tech seem willing to look out for themselves at any cost.
NC State has sold out to Tobacco road.

Virginia, like Vandy is really a non factor politically, except in their pressure from the state house on Va Tech.

I think the responsibile party for these position shifts is Clemson and our apparent sell out to Tobacco Road.

We usually could build consensus and establish a conference "firewall" against Tobacco Road. I think that we have lost credibility there, and we better be keeping our options open.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mixed emotions about Mary Land. I am old enough to remember

Nov 19, 2012, 12:10 PM

Danny Ford and Bobby Ross going at every year. The game was usually relevant and some of the best defensive football you could find anywhere. Mary Land will be about as relevant in their new conference as they were of late in their old conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: They are shooting themselves in the foot***

Nov 19, 2012, 12:14 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:But there is no better alternative. Big 12 is not one by

Nov 19, 2012, 12:13 PM

any stretch. Until something, a whole better comes along, you play the hand you are dealt.

Maryland just dropped how many sports?

Nov 19, 2012, 12:17 PM

How many Clemson fans have been hit by beer bottles there over the years? How many of those were pregnant women (the number is at least 1)? Maryland 20-30-40-50 years ago is nothing like Maryland now. They are useless and now the Big10's problem. And I'd be happy to take their problem (Penn State) back in return.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maryland just dropped how many sports?

Nov 19, 2012, 12:37 PM

Penn St is NOT going anywhere. Maryland (& Rutgers to a lesser extent) help Penn St w/ the eastern geography which PSU has been pushing for since joinging the B10. Not to mention PSU would not choose to cut their share of conference revenues by 1/3-1/2 by joining the ACC.

Re: Maryland just dropped how many sports?

Nov 19, 2012, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Maryland just dropped how many sports? ]

> How many Clemson fans have been hit by beer bottles
> there over the years? How many of those were
> pregnant women (the number is at least 1)? Maryland
> 20-30-40-50 years ago is nothing like Maryland now.
> They are useless and now the Big10's problem. And
> d I'd be happy to take their problem (Penn State)
> back in return.

Hmmm. If you really want to know how many pregnant clemson women have been hit by a beer bottle at an away game at Maryland, you would have to get one of our statistitions involved. My guess is that the number is very, very low. Based on the number of fans they draw and the size of the pregnant clemson women fanbase that attend the away games, the difficulty in determining if the target for the bottle is indeed pregnantfrom many rows away, delivering an accurate throw while under the influence....and etc, pretty low indeed.

Maryland, Clemson, and FSU have traditionally voted as a solid block on conference issues. Clemson left the two , high and try when they voted to up the buyout to 50 Million.

If FSU finds a home and goes without Clemson, Clemson can look in the mirror for the cause.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maryland

Nov 19, 2012, 12:20 PM

To me this is a signal that Maryland has no interest in athletics, this is a move for academic reputation. I don't think the school administration really cares if they win another football game.

Barker lead the cmte that pushed for the $50m fee... my fear

Nov 19, 2012, 12:24 PM

...is that because Barker has allied w/ putting in the "poison pill" for making schools loyal to the ACC, that FSU may not feel as connected to Clemson and may make a move w/o regarding Clemson.

Re: CU will never let FSU decide its fate.***

Nov 19, 2012, 12:33 PM

Nov 19, 2012, 12:31 PM

good riddance to Maryland. They left us, we didnt kick them out. They are like 1-45 all time against Big Ten schools. Good luck with that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2012, 12:39 PM

maryland's board just voted to leave the acc!!!from a
friend in that part of the world!

Replies: 11
| visibility 767
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic