Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Made it home today. Been reflecting an awful lot.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,678

Made it home today. Been reflecting an awful lot.

Jan 13, 2016, 5:16 PM

Been trying to piece together my thoughts since the game ended. Here's where I am.

It's going to take a very long time for me to get over it - if ever. There were just so many points in the game when I thought we would separate just enough to win with just a little comfort - much like FSU. I thought it was ours. It's been a devastating feeling.

What I've felt more and more since the end of that game is an untouchable since of pride. Ever since I was 5 years old and cardboard sliding down the hill between the old west end zone stands and the south stands, I have watched this program grow into a monster. It hasn't been an easy climb, but the hardest steel is forged from the hottest of fires.

I was sitting and eating in the Phonix airport at the Four Peeks bar and as I looked at all the orange-clad that were still there, it all kind of hit me all at once. I have NEVER in my life been so proud to be a Clemson fan. Not to sound like a little girl, but I started tearing up right there in front my friends.

Even in defeat, the fact that in my life time I have seen this program come of age is one #### of a dream come true. In that sense, at least for me, we have ascended to the top.

TNetters, thanks for still accepting me despite breaking the family way and going to a different school. Keep rubbing The Citadel's win in their faces. Keep the faith. Clemson will be back. I love you all dearly and God bless.

P.s. September 3rd and I'll see y'all at down on the plains! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get it....I'm with you.***

Jan 13, 2016, 5:25 PM

Great post. I grad from SCSU, am a proud Bulldog

Jan 13, 2016, 5:32 PM

Played snare drum on the Marching 101 for three years and have had our SC State Bulldog emblem tatted on my arm since 1989. Like you, I am just a fan and not an alum. I attended my first game in 1977/ND game and became a Tiger fan for life. I went to SCSU on a partial music/baseball scholly and love my alma mater forever. None of that diminishes my passion for Tiger teams and I refuse to entertain anyone who tries to tell me otherwise. Clemson never recruited me....i wasnt good enough. App State, Francis Marion, USC-Aiken and SCSU did and the music program sealed the deal for me. I will be a Bulldog til I die and a Tiger fan til I die. Much respect to all alums always but major college fanbases are made up of alums and other fans. Thank you for sharing rabid passion for the Tigers like the alums and non alums alike. Tiger Nation welcomes all of us. I wear a paracord bracelet that is one half garnet and blue and other half orange and purple, the two schools that I love with a passion. Thanks man, your alma mater had a huge fan in me when they deposited the Chickens on their #####.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome stuff brother! Thanks.***

Jan 13, 2016, 6:07 PM

Re: Made it home today. Been reflecting an awful lot.

Jan 13, 2016, 5:38 PM

Right there with you buddy, Wofford alum and lifetime Tiger fan. Love the Terriers and proud of the 4 years I spent their and memories made, but my heart has always been Orange and I will always cheer for our boys with the PAW!

It's OK, El Cid...

Jan 13, 2016, 5:39 PM

I had those same tears of pride after the OB.

We're built to last. Dabo has built this program for the long run. And I'm no more worried about our early NFL exits than Duke, UNC, KY, and KS BBall are worried about their one-and-dones. Just gives us more schollies with which to reload.

Notice has been served. We're here to stay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Made it home today. Been reflecting an awful lot.

Jan 13, 2016, 5:42 PM

Awesome post, thanks for sharing!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,678
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic