Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mackensie and other thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Mackensie and other thoughts

Sep 29, 2015, 11:35 PM

ND on Offense

I've noticed all off-season long that Mack just doesn't seem to get the attention he deserves as a premier DB, and that frustrated me, but this week has made me change my tune. All we've heard about is Will Fuller and how amazing he is, and I think ND may be overlooking Alexander. If not, and they decide to throw to the other side, Tootie (Tankersly, my former team mate) has proven he can be the man with his Louisville performance. Jayron Kearse is an absolute moster too, and his work ethic is unparalleled. Toss in TJ Green- who happens to be the hardest hitter on our team- and you've got a top 3 secondary.

There has also been a lot made about ND's o-line and bruising running style, which is definitely all accurate with an average of 6.7 ypc on the season. However, our d-line has actually improved (imo) against the run from last year. Nobody has moved the ball against us on the ground, which I guess isn't saying much considering the level of competition, but the outing against Louisville was more than outstanding.

Clemson on Offense

The main area I am worried about in this game is our o-line. While they have played strong enough to this point, there have been some struggling points, and ND's D is often called to be stout. But I used a wonderful tool called Google and unearthed that ND actually ranks 53rd in rushing D and their passing D is also a middling 62. Mitch Hyatt is going to have to grow up quick, and Jordan Leggett is going to have to lay the lumber, but our protection should seemingly be okay. Wayne Train has extraordinary balance and vision, so look for him to find holes, and make his own.

As far as Deshaun Watson goes, I have zero worry. I get more worried with him playing an average opponent really, because this guy was born for the big time. We all know what happened when he had his first game in which he played the majority of the snaps against FSU. While pundits like to point that game out as a failure, I remember Watson basically winning the game for us had it not been for some rough snaps, and worse kicks. I am more nervous about the receiving corps, as Artavis and especially Charone will have to make some plays early to let Ray Ray and Deon shake the butterflies.

All in all, I believe our defense is too good to let ND run up and down the field with us, and hopefully the playbook finally opens up some more so Watson can make some plays.

Clemson-31 ND-20

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mackensie and other thoughts

Sep 29, 2015, 11:56 PM

Well put. I would only add that a reporter asked Brian Kelly about Mack in a presser today saying "other teams avoid throwing toward him because he's a shut down corner". Kelly replied that yeah they respect him and all but "we have some pretty good receivers too".

Ultimately, I think your right about their perception of Mack AND Clemson as a whole. I get the distinct feeling that they are CERTAIN that this game is just one of the games they have to play before USC. You know, they're Notre Dame and all...

8:00 pm Sat. nite just can't get here soon enough!

Go Tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they think this is just another game...

Sep 29, 2015, 11:59 PM

I can promise we won't be as kind as UVA was (remember that game where they basically won on a Hail Mary). ND is overrated and is about to be exposed. If this were any other team, they would be fortunate to be ranked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Re: If they think this is just another game...

Sep 30, 2015, 12:01 AM

That is not a new thing, either. It's been going on for a long time. I don't remember them having a great team since Joe Montanah was their QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If they think this is just another game...

Sep 30, 2015, 7:59 AM [ in reply to If they think this is just another game... ]

At this point nobody knows how close the pollsters are to having the polls reflect who is and who isn't deserving of their rank .
My hope is that Clemson takes care of business defensively and we win this football game .
Only wat to get the respect you seek in the college football race is to win that last game and hold up that CFBNC trophy .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 30, 2015, 5:36 AM

I went to school with tootie and used to play baseball and football with him and his brother Codarius. The kid is a stud, so happy to see him finally getting the attention he deserves.

Sep 30, 2015, 7:56 AM

I live in Jackson and gotta agree

Tootie is the man

Sep 30, 2015, 5:40 AM

Reminds me of the wr from Ok in the bowl game. He was hyped up and Mac shut him down

Sep 30, 2015, 6:15 AM

One thing that makes a secondary excel is a good pass rush. Lawson and crew is better than average and should put pressure on kizer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 8:06 AM

I still think that a cap over him at times will force the qb to have to think(which is what we want as a aggressive d)and try and go else where which will always give us a chance for a t.o.as talented as Mac is playing smart is key.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic