Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Love it. Tuition hike on all students.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,543

Love it. Tuition hike on all students.

Jun 24, 2016, 8:44 AM

Nobody cares. No petition.

225 for only those who want football tickets...world is ending!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love it. Tuition hike on all students.

Jun 24, 2016, 8:55 AM

i thought the same thing... "ok.. ok.. you don't have to pay for tickets... but, your tuition is going up"... how do people not see they're still getting the money they were after? am i missing something?

Jun 24, 2016, 9:01 AM

As a student, it seems like every year I get that email from the university about tuition increasing.

Jun 24, 2016, 9:09 AM

welcome to life

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2016, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Love it. Tuition hike on all students. ]

Yeah tuition increases are expected. If students tried to fight that they would never win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Thought you only replied to coot threads Liar***

Jun 24, 2016, 1:09 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes..you are missing something

Jun 24, 2016, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Love it. Tuition hike on all students. ]

Both parties have stated. .they do not share money.

The money students pay doesn't go to athletics. Clemson athletics does not receive any money from the school. Tuition hikes have nothing to do with official clemson sports. Tuition has nothing to do with official clemson Sports.

In fact. . Clemson athletics will now have to pay more becauae the price of a scholarship just went up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

In my opinion, it's quite different.

Jun 24, 2016, 9:07 AM

In the scenario where you have to pay an additional fee to attend football, you are turning coming to games into a commodity for the students. It might work now when we are at an all-time high. I don't know what attendance would be if we were on a run of 3-9 seasons.

If you raise the tuition, but keep the tickets free, going to games is a right of the students as fellow members of the student body. This should keep students coming no matter the record to support their fellow classmates.

Sure, it's semantics, but it's a big deal in my opinion. I will always support the students having the right to attend without an additional payment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson should never put a barrier between

Jun 24, 2016, 10:10 AM

The students and their sports teams. It's not just mere semantics. It is a key component of the entire Clemson experience and feeds the love of the university for years to come.

I see a massive distinction between a general tuition increase and a student ticket fee, and I agree whole-heartedly with this decision.

null

Re: Clemson should never put a barrier between

Jun 24, 2016, 10:23 AM

I see a huge difference also and that is that the ticket fee was OPTIONAL. Tuition will continue to go up and that tuition includes a long list of fees that are not optional to students. Careful what you ask for because the athletic fee could easily go up in the next tuition increase and it will then be mandatory for every student not just those wanting good seats for a football game. No one is standing in your way for Clemson athletics and if we go 3-9 and you don't want to pay, you will likely still get good seats because there wasn't a high demand. Until then the demand is high and the supply in the lower deck is limited. Ask those stuck in the upper deck because they weren't provided the option to buy better tickets who is standing in there way.

null

It is quite different.

Jun 24, 2016, 10:46 AM [ in reply to In my opinion, it's quite different. ]

Now those who have no interest in football get to subsidize those who do. It's the American way, really.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is quite different.

Jun 24, 2016, 12:03 PM

You know the Athletic department doesn't get any of this money, right?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seen no proof of that.***

Jun 24, 2016, 1:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. People often have trouble reading between the lines.

Jun 24, 2016, 9:28 AM

Students are paying for football tickets.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,543
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic