Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like the inflation...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,023

Looks like the inflation...

Apr 8, 2020, 1:20 PM

caused in part by college sports of tuition/housing/etc. might finally catch up to the institutions that have overextended their overhead with facilities, staff, misc debt.

Have to wonder about things like the new apartment developments and such in Clemson (or anywhere) if students can’t return or parents don’t feel their children are safe. Could bring the whole thing crashing down.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like the inflation...

Apr 8, 2020, 1:37 PM

Wonder how many coaches have force majeure clauses in their contracts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 1:40 PM

No idea - but NBA players and the likes are having to pay back money for games missed, I know Stanford, the real USC, and some other West Coast teams are starting to cut administrative salaries by 20+% in anticipation.

This thing could get much worse.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 2:48 PM

You make a good point.

I've often wondered if/when colleges and universities were going to have to completely re-think their entire M.O.

The cost of going to college has reached a point where it is completely incompatible with the ROI that students are getting. Of course, they're also being tasked with "fixing" everything that's wrong with said students when they arrive on campus (courtesy of our crappy public school system).

My son recently dropped out of the College of Charleston (not my choice) to enlist in the Amry as an Air Traffic Controller. Provided he doesn't get killed in the next 4 years he'll have the training and job experience to land a highly compensated position in the private sector. In addition to that, he won't have any student loan debt to pay off.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2020, 3:00 PM

Hmmmm. Government provided free education in trade for service to the country. Novel idea.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,023
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic