Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Listening to the pundits on TV about Bama and Saban.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Listening to the pundits on TV about Bama and Saban.

Jan 8, 2019, 9:30 AM

They are acting like Bama is falling and on the decline blah blah blah. They are nuts. Bama is recruiting at an amazing level. They will be back in playoff probably 4 out of the 5 next times. Bama is going nowhere. They had a terrible game plan yesterday. They should have stayed with the run more. They also ran into a great team, an all time great team. It's just one year. It's amazing how these Pundits are jumping ship. Finebaum is even questioning them now. They are even talking about a ding on Saban's legacy. Anyway, I look forward to us playing Bama in the Championship next year again. I honestly would be surprised if Bama wasn't back next year. I think we will back as well if our D is up to snuff. Bama vs Clemson will happen many more times until Saban leaves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Listening to the pundits on TV about Bama and Saban.

Jan 8, 2019, 9:34 AM

a lot of those sports journalists are worse than ######. I've never appreciated their one sided approach to reporting.

you are correct, Bama is going nowhere.

Pundits are so lame...

Jan 8, 2019, 9:34 AM

Saban has a ding on his legacy? WTH does that even mean? Six titles...6! The rest of all the active coaching fraternity doesn't total that!

You're right, OP, one year is all this is about. Bama's going no where. Nor is Clemson. The rest of college football can either up their game...or weep. Their choice.

Clemson-Bama V, New Orleans, January, 2020. Can you 'see' it? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pundits are so lame...

Jan 8, 2019, 9:36 AM

Yes they are nuts. Also, I can see that prediction.

Agree 100%. Bama has a bad night and Clemson had a good one.

Jan 8, 2019, 9:48 AM

It happens. I believe they spin the narrative just to drive Bama to anger.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pundits. Don't listen to them

Jan 8, 2019, 9:52 AM

Same pundits probably said last week this was the best Alabama team ever. Some said best college football team, ever. SAME guys now saying Alabama's cycling out. Could care less about pundits. Last week they said we were good, elite, but there's no way that we could beat the best Bama team in history. This week they will start asking if we're the best team in football history. I wish we could just mute pundits.

We caught them with their pants down, plain and simple. We owned the intangibles in this game. Even as the game started last night I got SO ticked off at the Bama worship on ESPN. By the end of the game I actually appreciated it. It made them think they're kings. We had the momentum before the game started with the intangibles. Dabo knew it, the players knew it. I knew it. The pundits didn't.

I predicted a solid win of 14+ points. People called me nuts. But we had nothing to lose. Everyone predicted us to lose. The most optimistic pundits gave us an edge in a close game. I knew this wouldn't be a close game. But the team exceeded even my expectations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2019, 9:52 AM

You can't just keep staying with the run when you are down three scores and every drive that is run oriented ends with a FG or stopped 4th down.

Bama's only chance in the second half after it got to three scores was to keep throwing it up and hope for more blown coverages by our DBs.

Jan 8, 2019, 10:06 AM

They went down 3 score due to not staying with the run. They dug a deep hole.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic