Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lets not kid ourselves
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Lets not kid ourselves

May 10, 2017, 8:18 PM

Nick saban and urban meyer are great coaches. But honestly they are head and shoulders above everyone else. Its not like they are having unparalleled success at teams that were middle of the road schools. You take saban from alabama to missiouri and hes still a great coach but they arent competing for national titles. And urban isnt taking northwestern to the playoffs. CDS is just as good a coach imo. Only real difference is he has done it at a program that aside from the Danny Ford years has not been a traditional power in the past couple decades. Im not trying to knock on the other coaches but i dont feel like there is any gap between Dabo and any other coach in the country. I honestly think he could go to any team in the country and be wildy successful. His staff deserves credit for his success as well but by the same token he put the staff together. Basically im beyond happy that God graced our beloved Tigers with the man that is Dabo Swinney. Get the confetti ready cause were gonna need lots of it in the coming years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is the one I want to coach my team

May 10, 2017, 8:21 PM

He made us great again. Looking at just football, Saban is the best. Looking at everything, its not even close, Dabo is the man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lets not kid ourselves

May 10, 2017, 8:28 PM

Well we will see just like Auburn after Cam and FSU after Crab Boy.
Will CLEMSON drop off after DW , I don't think so .
Dabo will need a few more seasons completing and Winning the NC.
That is the difference between Nick and Meyer they stay in the Top group of teams every year.

May 10, 2017, 8:39 PM

Oh my , you've done it now . You just placed that chip on Dabo 's shoulder again .

When is everyone gonna learn you don't tug on Superman's cape . There is no let up in this guy called Dabo .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2017, 8:46 PM

It started before DW. 6 10+ wins in a row, Boyd, then Watson, now whoever is next will lead the charge. This team is loaded across the board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2017, 9:05 PM

DW made us a NC type team before that we were just a good team.
Yeah we have the talent to win 10 games and should every year.
But before DW we didn't have a chance to win the NC and everybody knew it.

May 10, 2017, 9:08 PM

but we do now because we are better at every other position on the roster.

May 10, 2017, 9:11 PM

This will be the season that proves this.
I personally think we will win it all again.

May 10, 2017, 9:13 PM

if recruiting continues as is we will have a lot of chances

May 10, 2017, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Lets not kid ourselves ]

Exactly. It took a few years to get the pieces moving but we have been a top team consistently now for 6 years. Clemson has proven year after year they can beat anyone in the country. But now that the Tigers have slain the giant people cant ignore em anymore.

May 10, 2017, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Lets not kid ourselves ]

Yes but what constitutes a drop off in your opinion ?
If Dabo leads Clemson back to the ACC Championship game but loses to the Coastal rep , is that what we'd call a big drop off ?
In my unprofessional estimation anything below winning it all again would be comsidered a drop off , wouldn't it ?
I think the fact that Dabo Swinney has achieved so much in his first 8 years on the job at little ol' Clemson any drop off should be viewed as alright , if not expected occasionally.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 10, 2017, 8:50 PM

So please, Lord, don't start beating drums to fire Dabo if by chance he has a season where he loses 3 games. Step back and think about the amazing job he has done. We have been blessed, let's don't be blind.

May 10, 2017, 9:15 PM

Clemson does have a lot of built in advantages that places like Missouri or Iowa or Boston College or Oregon State has. Clemson is in the best recruiting area in the country (southeast), the weather is generally nice all year, academics are really good.

I don't disagree with a lot of your points, but I don't think Dabo would be able to convince a Spiller or Watkins to Iowa.

May 10, 2017, 9:21 PM

That may be true but he has been consistently pulling these recruits away from other power schools in the same region so that tells me they are buying into Dabo and his system not necessarily the location or school. Sammy watkins didnt come to Clemson because it was Clemson.

May 10, 2017, 9:15 PM

I have no doubts about the abilities of Saban and Myers as coaches but they have had superior talent to work with. Dabo is approaching that level now. I wonder how many coaches would be highly successful if they had the level of talent that Alabama and Ohio State have? Dabo has defeated both coaches this past year. Dabo had excellent talent but certainly not on the level of Alabama and Ohio State if we are to listen to the "experts".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither Saban nor Meyer would make a pimple on a good...

May 10, 2017, 9:22 PM

coach's butt. I nominate Spurrier as the best coach of that generation. Nobody, I mean no body could have done what he did at USuCk. I hate the way SOS behaved during his coaching years at Duke, UF and USuCk but he's the best I've seen, maybe ever.

Dabo has decades to go to surpass SOS. I hope he makes it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Neither Saban nor Meyer would make a pimple on a good...

May 10, 2017, 9:59 PM

Actually at a glance it looks like a very similar track to what Dabo did for Clemson. Mediocre team taken to a Natty after give enough time to get established. UF is a larger school in better recruiting grounds with lesser academic requirements. SOS had instant success at UF but it took him a long time to get going at USCjr and IMO build more on his over-inflated reputation and eSECpn pumping than anything.

Done. Why do you think Spurrious left...? He knew.

May 11, 2017, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Neither Saban nor Meyer would make a pimple on a good... ]

null

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can think of no active coach that rebuilt a program

May 10, 2017, 10:00 PM

from the ground up like Dabo has done. Nobody !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic