Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's get political
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Let's get political

Jul 6, 2016, 9:13 PM

Anybody seen the video of the police shooting in Baton Rouge today? What do you guys think justified or not? We all know the police won't be charged but should they?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's get FOOTBALL...

Jul 6, 2016, 9:16 PM

hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Easy way to avoid it is obey cops commands and sort out when

Jul 6, 2016, 9:17 PM

situation is calm. Resisting never ends well.

You'd think it was rocket science.

Jul 6, 2016, 9:44 PM

NOBODY deserves to get shot when there is no threat of death or great bodily harm, but you're a dumb-fuck if you resist, and are contributing to whatever bad things happen as a result.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: You'd think it was rocket science.

Jul 6, 2016, 9:46 PM

I agree resisting arrest is opening the window to all of this. But still no justification for this shooting.

Some cops make a lot of money.

Jul 6, 2016, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Easy way to avoid it is obey cops commands and sort out when ]

None make enough to risk their lives but that's exactly what they all do. Anyone who challenges the authority of an officer of the law is asking for trouble. I'm not saying those guy have the right to take lives but survival is one of our most primal instincts.

When fear builds you and I have an option. Fight or flight isn't an option for a policeman. Fight is his job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some cops make a lot of money.

Jul 6, 2016, 10:14 PM

listen to yourself, they are supposed to be public servants, not executioners. Police deaths are at an all time low, more fisherman die. It is more dangerous to be around a cop than to be one.

it is amazing how far we have devolved on this issue and find reasons to hand more of our freedoms over.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes reaching for your wallet doesn't end well

Jul 7, 2016, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Easy way to avoid it is obey cops commands and sort out when ]

Never had a cop pull a gun on me, but if one ever did, I would explain EVERY move I'm making and do it slowly. Officer, I'm reaching for my wallet in my back pocket. Officer, I'm reaching in the car for my wallet, you can come get it if you like. Something along those lines.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's get political

Jul 6, 2016, 9:21 PM

This was NOT this mans first encounter with police. And I guarantee he didn't have a CWP.

https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.com/news/2016/07/alton-sterling-arrest-record-criminal-history-rap-sheet-sex-offender-sex-offense-crime-baton-rouge-louisiana-police-shooting-blane-salamoni-howie-lake-shot-charges-video-youtube-facebook-watch/amp/#

Jul 6, 2016, 9:28 PM

Lol whats that have to do with the price of eggs in China... They didn't know him from a grain of rice when this took place

Jul 6, 2016, 9:50 PM

Lol. How do you know? Just curious. Maybe they already ran his name?

And yes. Previous charges. Fighting with police while in possession of a weapon, sexual assault of a minor, selling drugs with possession of a weapon.

Maybe cooperate with police and this won't happen.

Jul 6, 2016, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get political ]

Just because he did something in the past doesn't mean you can kill the guy. That's the worst argument I have ever heard. Do you guys really not think these cops are in the wrong at all?

Jul 6, 2016, 9:32 PM

He had a lot of prior charges,,,so its ok

Lol what an idiotic arguement

so because he had prior charges out the wazoo

Jul 6, 2016, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get political ]

Means it was ok to execute him. Riiiiggght

This part confused me.

Jul 6, 2016, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Let's get political ]

"In a sheriff’s affidavit on another date, Sterling was accused of breaking into a woman’s apartment by making a hole in the wall, and then trying to sell her goldfish for $20."

So was he trying to sell her goldfish or he tried to sell goldfish that belonged to her? And are we talking goldfish the fish or goldfish the crackers?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What difference does that make?

Jul 6, 2016, 9:50 PM

The fact that he wanted $20.00 for either is the real crime here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Either way

Jul 6, 2016, 9:52 PM [ in reply to This part confused me. ]

That mark up is outrageous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This part confused me.

Jul 6, 2016, 9:54 PM [ in reply to This part confused me. ]

Could care less about goldfish. This individual was convicted of sexual assault of a minor, fighting with police while in possession of a gun, selling drugs while in possession of a gun. Really. Goldfish.

There must be some alternative method of disarming a

Jul 6, 2016, 9:34 PM

man who may or may not have had a gun in his pocket in a state that allows a citizen to carry a gun than to shoot him in the chest 4 times from point blank range.

Where's the NRA when you need them?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There must be some alternative method of disarming a

Jul 6, 2016, 9:41 PM

A man was gunned down for no good reason today by cops who probably won't face charges this should alarm any citizen.

Jul 6, 2016, 9:42 PM [ in reply to There must be some alternative method of disarming a ]

Lol well put

Jul 6, 2016, 9:56 PM [ in reply to There must be some alternative method of disarming a ]

This individual would not be allowed to legally own, much less carry a gun. Look at his record.

Jul 6, 2016, 10:08 PM

His record doesn't matter!!! Your saying that people are deserving of death because of previous charges that didn't constitute death penalty at the time they were committed?

The implication is the deceased was armed and dangerous.

Jul 6, 2016, 10:28 PM

Thus the police were correct to expect violence and use deadly force.

Re: The implication is the deceased was armed and dangerous.

Jul 6, 2016, 10:34 PM

I conceal carry pretty much everywhere I go. If I were to be arrested I would comply. But do I deserve to be shot if something out of the ordinary happens?

"Deserve" may not be the right word, but

Jul 6, 2016, 10:37 PM

if you're armed, whether licensed or not, and you're not cooperating with police, you shouldn't be astonished if you end up getting shot.

Current modus operandi... Shoot, then there won't be a need

Jul 6, 2016, 11:52 PM

to ask questions later.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BS...***

Jul 6, 2016, 11:50 PM [ in reply to The implication is the deceased was armed and dangerous. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It sure LOOKS like the suspect was killed unecessarily.

Jul 6, 2016, 9:47 PM

That's my take at this point.

- H. L. Mencken

Well I don't know about you gays, but I'm gonna rush to

Jul 6, 2016, 9:53 PM

judgment with an incomplete set of facts and then vehemently defend that malformed assessment despite the existence of any contrary information.

Long-standing Jounge traditions must be honored.***

Jul 6, 2016, 10:12 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Well I don't know about you gays, but I'm gonna rush to

Jul 6, 2016, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Well I don't know about you gays, but I'm gonna rush to ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Jul 6, 2016, 10:41 PM

I can't believe they didn't wait until he was able to pull the gun out of his pocket before shooting him. Poor guy didn't even get a shot off before those cops executed him. It's not his fault that he was a convicted child molester. I don't think he even had a gun because that would be illegal-since he was on probation for a litany of crimes. So sad. The world lost a good man who was on his way to greatness in storefront cd sales.

Jul 6, 2016, 10:48 PM

I think we can all agree he wasn't an outstanding citizen most his life. But no man deserves to die like this weather he has all the money in the world or sells cd's at a gas station.

Jul 6, 2016, 10:59 PM

I disagree completely. If the cops realize you have a gun and tell you not to move-and you reach for the gun then you're a ####### idiot who deserves a Darwin Award.

Is that LEO 'speak' ... or do you just think you're a BA?***

Jul 6, 2016, 11:55 PM

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic