Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Leonard's Losers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Leonard's Losers

Aug 27, 2016, 3:26 PM

As college football season starts back up, and prediction shows are kicking in. I get a little nostalgic for an old radio Show Leonard's Losers. On this prediction show, instead of the winner, he picked the loser, and he did it in a colorful manner? Anybody doing something similar today?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Leonard's Losers

Aug 27, 2016, 3:30 PM

As a kid in the 80's and 90's I looked forward each week to his show and his show in print. Great memories!

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Leonard Postoastie (sp) and Percy Peabody!***

Aug 27, 2016, 3:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2016, 3:32 PM

That was a good show.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 27, 2016, 3:38 PM

"Leonard's Loser in a beat down...." South Carolina.....hahah

Aug 27, 2016, 3:38 PM

Yep I agree, always enjoyed that. Put a fun twist on it. Thanks for reminding me. +1

Aug 27, 2016, 3:44 PM

Yeah. That was a really entertaining show and he would come up with some clever stuff every week.
And loved the way he and Percy ended the show. Get me outta here Percy.

Aug 27, 2016, 3:44 PM

I remember picking up his publication because he listed all the college teams schedule (no internet at the time)...we used to sit in Johnston looking at the schedule of those who were ranked ahead of us trying to figure out when they would lose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Found juan close....

Aug 27, 2016, 3:47 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Pigskin-Prophet-Season-Preview-15069

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got to know Leonard when I was doing some work

Aug 27, 2016, 4:11 PM

around Athens in the 1970's. He was a Dawg fan thru and thru, but a good guy and a fixture around the Athens Country Club clubhouse.....not sure he played golf but he sure ate pretty well!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

''So long, neighbors. Get me outta here, Percy.''

Aug 27, 2016, 4:13 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzM-Azz3Aoc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2016, 4:16 PM

This is one of my fondest memories driving to Clemson games growing up. Except in the 90's, he was always picking Clemson as the loser.

I do a mean imitation of him though. RIP.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2016, 4:38 PM

Loved Leonard's Loosers. Always called us the Pickens County Pussycats.

Aug 27, 2016, 5:09 PM

Enjoyed leonard...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Postero

"get me outta here, Percy"***

Aug 27, 2016, 5:41 PM

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

I'll give it a shot, in homage to Mr. Posttoasties.

Aug 27, 2016, 5:44 PM

There will definitely be an ambush of at least two kinds on the Plains when Dabo Swinney's Fightin' Felines invade Gus Malzahn's Malodorous Bird Nest. Although the War Eagle grabs some fur along the way, in the end, feathers will fly. Leonard's Loser, in a shootout, Auburn!

Message was edited by: 76er®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll give it a shot, in homage to Mr. Posttoasties.

Aug 27, 2016, 9:37 PM

Great Job, I will also give it a shot

Clemson at Auburn, Dabo will be taking Tiger Nation down to visit the War Eagles. Even though they start the game with an Eagle flying on the field, Clemson will be the one taking to the Air. The War Eagles will try and hold a tiger by the tail, but get eaten instead. Leonard's Losers in a beat down Auburn.

Aug 28, 2016, 7:58 AM

He always had a nickname thrown in, something like Pernicious Pachyderms (Alabama), Carnivorous Canines (Jawja), etc. It was always funny, and you wanted to see what he would come up with for your team. You didn't want to get relegated to the "Leonards Likely Losers" list. Those were the ones he didn't think were deserving of much of his time. As in

"South Carolina will lose to Vanderbilt".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2016, 10:12 AM

Very true, thanks for reminding me.

Good memories

I could hear his voice in my head.

Aug 28, 2016, 8:07 AM [ in reply to I'll give it a shot, in homage to Mr. Posttoasties. ]

Thanks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2016, 11:49 AM [ in reply to I'll give it a shot, in homage to Mr. Posttoasties. ]

76er that was pretty good. You've got a future! Leonard would have approved. He always did it with the perfect balance of facts and humor. Not meanness.

Loved Leonard's Losers

Aug 27, 2016, 5:59 PM

Listening to his show made it feel more like football Saturday. Gosh sure do miss him.

Aug 27, 2016, 6:09 PM

Leonard's Losers followed by Clemson pre-game on the radio. Some great old memories. I used to spend my Saturday mornings getting chores done while listening to this on a cheap Japanese radio. No such thing as ESPN in those days.

Listened to that show every Friday night on the radio.

Aug 27, 2016, 7:38 PM

Loved it. Hate that it had to end.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Aug 27, 2016, 10:06 PM

Yep , riding into Clemson in my dad's '61 Chevy Impala listening to Leonard on the a. m. radio .
Those were the days .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I miss Leonard's Losers.***

Aug 27, 2016, 10:12 PM

Only program that's similar I heard since then just covers

Aug 27, 2016, 10:13 PM

state high school football,

http://www.wrhi.com/category/sports/friday-knights-losers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic