Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ladson backing up Ngata? Why can't we get these dudes on the field at one time?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,066

Ladson backing up Ngata? Why can't we get these dudes on the field at one time?

Oct 5, 2020, 6:50 PM

And I could have sworn I heard Frank was going to be in the starting lineup? Must have heard that wrong.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ladson backing up Ngata? Why can't we get these dudes on the field at one time?

Oct 5, 2020, 6:58 PM

SI mentioned Ngata has a lingering abdominal injury.

Re: Ladson backing up Ngata? Why can't we get these dudes on the field at one time?

Oct 5, 2020, 7:41 PM

I think our most productive line up is with Amari, Spector, and Galloway. Sprinkle in whomever else you want to. Spector needs more opportunities, Galloway needs to do a better job of catching contested balls, and Amari just needs to keep being Amari.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 7:44 PM

Ladson had a great game against UVA

Oct 5, 2020, 8:03 PM

He did. I just don’t know why I’m not sold on him. I guess I expect him to be in the same mold as Tee and Justyn.
I could only imagine what this offense would look like with Justyn in it.

Oct 5, 2020, 8:11 PM

Ladson had a terrific game vs. UVA. In fact, I think he has figured it out. Didn't he miss some of camp over Covid concerns?
The more games we play the better we become. Remember spring ball and summer usual events were not the same this year! It might take some time to get everybody on the same page. But, from what I have seen so far - I am not worried.
OL needs to get more physical/nasty! Etienne is hitting the hole but isn't getting those sustained blocks he needs. And he doesn't need much room. As these guys on the OL round into better football shape(all the way to championship level shape) this offense will only get better!

Ngata is the one I can't wait to see explode. His raw abilities are more Terrell Owens like. He is physically gifted with that type of body for a WR. Ladson would be more Mike Williams'esque. We will need them both healthy. Ajou Ajou and E.J. Williams are also dudes to look out for. Particularly Williams as I think he has a chance to be really special.

We too deep!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 8:15 PM

I definitely agree he’s looking better but I don’t know why I just don’t get a warm and fuzzy. Hopefully this week he has another great game and makes my worries go away. I’m just afraid eventually a team will stack the box and double Amari and the other guys will have to win there 1v1 match ups.

Oct 6, 2020, 12:39 PM

I definitely agree he’s looking better but I don’t know why I just don’t get a warm and fuzzy. Hopefully this week he has another great game and makes my worries go away. I’m just afraid eventually a team will stack the box and double Amari and the other guys will have to win there 1v1 match ups.

Stack the box this season and Elliott and Streeter will leak Etienne out the backfield after sending the WR's deep! Lynn J Dixon is also a really good pass catching option.

With the type of injury Ngata has the only thing that will heal it is time. I have high hopes for Spector, Williams and Ajou. I get a "good warm and fuzzy" sometimes watching that #13. Can't put that type of pressure on Spector - but he has displayed that clutch catch capability already!
Williams and Ajou I am hoping will be much like Justyn Ross - remember he didn't really come on strong until the last 4/5 games of his Freshman season!
These guys are still figuring things out in this covid world. Remember some of the training they would have received over the summer didn't happen. Zoom calls don't replace being there.

I think we are fine. Once Ngata gets fully healthy I see our WR group being a strength on this years Tigers! It's not a bad group as is; but with a talented guy like Joseph Ngata not at 100% you can't be as good as you could possibly be.
I think Amari is playing well this season. I mean far and away the best he has looked since being at Clemson. As Ladson emerges along with Spector I see us as close to unguardable. Especially because we are well ahead of TE production over the previous 3 seasons after 3 games! Which means the ball isn't just going to one place.
LSU last year was so tough because there was no way to cover everybody! Who do you take away?

I see us getting there - we just have to be patient enough to get to where we would have been if we had a normal spring/fall camp and off season(summer) session. Could be Orange colored glasses! But, I think we are just fine.
UVA had the #1 OL coming back per PFF(Pro Football Focus). We started or played a ton of Freshmen that went up against that. We fine. UVA is better than they are credited for.

Oct 5, 2020, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Ladson backing up Ngata? Why can't we get these dudes on the field at one time? ]

You nailed it.

At some point we need Ngata and Ladson on the field together for several consecutive games to flush out our passing game potential. But it seems like they are never both healthy at the same time.

Oct 6, 2020, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Ladson backing up Ngata? Why can't we get these dudes on the field at one time? ]

I keep thinking that EJW6 is gonna explode as well. Only a matter of time.

Oct 6, 2020, 4:57 PM

TNTiger17 said:

I keep thinking that EJW6 is gonna explode as well. Only a matter of time.

He will.

I feel the same way. He has that type of mindset.

Looks like ..

Oct 6, 2020, 4:29 PM

KarenbeOrange has taken some time out of her day to get caught up on TDing every thing I type here. I could type, "I love Coach Brownell", and KarenbeKeller would TD it .. because it makes her feel like she's accomplishing something, I guess.

She will just never come out of her multi-handled charade closet. She's mad because I follwed several others who caught her in her emotionally stunted charade, and instead of looking inward she ignores it. Apparently a 30-something year old woman can be stuck on 17 forever?

You poor thing, Karen. But I mean honestly, do you have health care with your job as a park ranger or whatever that was? Because you seriously need therapy. Really bad. Hate to see a fellow tiger "dude" struggling with her life. Good luck Karen.

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,066
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic