Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,193

LSU...

Dec 4, 2012, 10:10 AM

They're not happy about having to play Clemson, which in my opinion is an insult. Fans seem to think the LSU players will not be motivated to play a soft "ACC Team". They honestly think they'll crush us in ATL on Dec 31st. They say we don't have a chance.

All of you know, that when Clemson isn't given a chance, we shine. We love to play spoiler & that's how this one is setting up. In most games, I'd say all of the above adds up to a lot of extra motivation for our Clemson Tigers.

I cannot wait until Dec 31st to prove this arrogant SEC team wrong.

Go Tigers! The Good Guys!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU...

Dec 4, 2012, 10:14 AM

We need our best game from our OL and DL.
I am hoping they learned a lot from the SC game and since we actually played a team worth something for the first time since September, maybe we will be better prepared to play big boy football not coming off 7 straight cake teams.

Sounds very similar to when we played UT in 2003 season

Dec 4, 2012, 10:15 AM

(2004 game in Atlanta). Had some UT fans bragging before the game that this wasn't an ACC team we were playing and UT was going to kick some a$$. Strangley enough, I couldn't find them after the game! I agree, we play our best when we are underdogs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And THAT sounds just like the Auburn game earlier this year

Dec 4, 2012, 10:16 AM

couldn't find them after the game!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

They are mad about getting passed over

Dec 4, 2012, 10:15 AM

by teams that they beat...SC and TAMU.

We weren't all lovey dovey with the bowl and conference when we fell from the ACC Championship game all the way to the Music City Bowl in 09.

Dabo and his staff needs to do a he!! of a lot better job...

Dec 4, 2012, 10:26 AM

preparing this team for the bowl game against LSU.

Dabo's bowl record ain't too good;

09 Gator Bowl v. Nebraska - LOSS

09 Music City Bowl v. Kentucky - WIN

10 Car Care Bowl v. South Florida - LOSS

12 Orange Bowl v. West Virginia - LOSS

12 Peach-Fil-A Bowl v. LSU - ?????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sports commentators seem to agree, but...

Dec 4, 2012, 10:17 AM

People who bet their own money have bet LSU up to only 4 points. Usually that doesn't change much over time.

Hopefully the smack talk is what gives the team the underdog 'feeling' and motivation and not the actual odds.

probably because of all their big wins...

Dec 4, 2012, 10:48 AM

like over Auburn by 2, Arkansas by 7, Ole Miss by 6, South Carolina by 2, ATM by 5, and Towson by 16.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel the opposite

Dec 4, 2012, 10:19 AM

I won't buy into us turning the corner to become an elite program until we win games that count. All bowls outside of the BCS National Championship are just exhibition games. Programs that have been to the big game realize this. That is why LSU isn't excited about this game and why we have a shot to win, but it won't tell us anything about the direction of the program.

" but it won't tell us anything about the direction of the

Dec 4, 2012, 11:09 AM

program"... How do you 'figure' that? If nothing else, it will show how the coaches can make adjustments to what I saw as a poor offensive game plan and an inability to get off the field on 3rd downs on defense. The BCS NC is only 2 teams per year. There are a whole bunch of games beyond that are important in becoming an elite program unless you think elite only means the top 2.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh gosh, now we're already making excuses if we win we're

Dec 4, 2012, 1:55 PM [ in reply to I feel the opposite ]

still no good. Some of you people amaze me. Are you really chickenY2K?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our Family is undefeated in Atlanta.......Just Sayin !

Dec 4, 2012, 10:26 AM
100_0353.JPG(781.3 K)
100_0358.JPG(795.4 K)
100_0401.JPG(763.9 K)

UT felt the same way in 2003

Dec 4, 2012, 10:28 AM

I hope the fans anger and disappointment carries over to their football team. That's to our advantage. When one team sees the game as an opportunity and the other sees it as an insult....advantage Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The one odd thing I remember about that game....

Dec 4, 2012, 10:46 AM

were all the foul-mouthed female UT fans. My father-in-law is a UT alum and I have been to plenty of Tennessee games, but I have never heard women use so much profanity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: LSU...

Dec 4, 2012, 2:03 PM

COMPLETELY different situation, but I remember in 2003 @ the Peach Bowl Tennessee was insulted about having to play crappy ole Clemson. And guess what? We kicked their ###. Granted, it's like comparing apples and oranges, but I still feel like the underdog thing can play to our advantage.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,193
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic