Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ridiculously bad base running by the Tigers - again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,764

Ridiculously bad base running by the Tigers - again

May 3, 2015, 7:43 PM

Tough to get runs when you're giving up outs on the bases.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ridiculously bad base running by the Tigers - again

May 3, 2015, 7:45 PM

Ridiculously stupid post.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

out at first? Unbelievably terrible call - not an error***

May 3, 2015, 7:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Krieger turned to second inside the baseline when the

May 3, 2015, 7:50 PM

ball got passed the first baseman. Even if it was just a step the rules are the rules. Harbin should have told Krieger to stay put.

May 3, 2015, 7:56 PM

Not true: "The batter-runner may turn left or right, provided that if he turns left he does not make an attempt to advance. An attempt is a judgment made by the umpire. The requirement is that the runner must immediately return to first after overrunning or over-sliding it.

Rule: 7.08(c and j)
Official Baseball Rules"

Plus, the ref wasn't even looking at him when he made the turn. He was clearly watching where the ball went on replay. If that ref expects everyone to hustle back to first we need to start tagging out every single runner that overruns and doesn't sprint back to the bag. It is not how the game is officiated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2015, 7:58 PM

Ref?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The replay clearly showed the umpire in the correct

May 3, 2015, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Krieger turned to second inside the baseline when the ]

position to make that call. He observed Krieger turn towards second, take one step and turn back. Bottom line: on a play like that why risk leaving it up to the judgment of the umpire?

May 3, 2015, 8:04 PM

Since we disagree on the degree of his turn/step (and I watched both replays - no way to rewind ESPN3) how about this - when is the last time you watched a first base ump rule out a player walking along the baseline towards first?

Re: Agreed - rarely if ever called***

May 3, 2015, 8:07 PM

May 3, 2015, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: The replay clearly showed the umpire in the correct ]

the replay plainly showed that the ump blew the call!! U do not know the rules.. jst like that ump!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ridiculously bad base running by the Tigers - again

May 3, 2015, 8:05 PM

that was ump error!! he does not know the rules. runner can make turn as long as he does effort to go to second!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The way the rule is set up

May 4, 2015, 9:22 AM

it is pretty much a judgement call on the part of the umpire. The only sure way not to get called out in that situation is not to make the turn to second unless you either A. know you can get back or B. you are going to second.

I know when I was coaching I told my 1B to put the tag on any time the runner made the turn towards second. We got a lot of cheap outs that way. Tip your cap to Louisville for the heads up play.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,764
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic