Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Late-night meeting following FSU loss fuels Kearse and his development
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Late-night meeting following FSU loss fuels Kearse and his development

Nov 6, 2013, 2:35 PM

Late-night meeting following FSU loss fuels Kearse and his development

Freshman safety Jayron Kearse walked out of Clemson's Death Valley feeling the sting of a loss, and he gathered two of his fellow freshman defensive backs together for a late-night skull session that has helped pay dividends. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Late-night meeting following FSU loss fuels Kearse and his development

Nov 6, 2013, 2:44 PM

Really awesome to see young guys stepping up and putting in the mental work. This will be huge over the next few years.

Who Designs These Pants? ----

Nov 6, 2013, 3:04 PM

Way too many knees being exposed in that photo.
Has to be a better way to protect the knees with
padding and still be able to keep a players speed
agility.

Re: Who Designs These Pants? ----

Nov 6, 2013, 3:23 PM

this is some of the NIke sweat shop junk. the same people who cant get a paw on the top of the shoulder. stupid 6 year olds

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not the designer, the players do that

Nov 6, 2013, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Who Designs These Pants? ---- ]

A lot of the skill players take out the knee pads and pull/roll up the pants to make it easier to run. Take a look at the uglies and you'll see that they have their pads in and pants covering their knees.

Nov 6, 2013, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Who Designs These Pants? ---- ]

I always thought the pant should have knee pads. I sit behind the bench and it isn't a problem of the pants. The payers do it themselves. I believe technically they must have knee pads but for many players they are about the size of a half-dollar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2013, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Who Designs These Pants? ---- ]

This is nothing new. We use to do the same thing in high school in 1975.

our guys let our crowd "get to" them? weird.***

Nov 6, 2013, 3:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: our guys let our crowd "get to" them? weird.***

Nov 6, 2013, 3:51 PM

Probably means they were counting on the crowd to help them more they'd should have. There was a lot of hype about how the crowd would get to FSU but you have to first perform on the field to gain the advantage of the crowd.

Pretty sure he means there's more pressure playing in

Nov 6, 2013, 4:13 PM [ in reply to our guys let our crowd "get to" them? weird.*** ]

front of the home crowd at times.

From experience, I know this to be true because you know so many more people in the home crowd as opposed to away where you're playing in front almost all strangers.

This added pressure but depends on the player and their frame of mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This.***

Nov 6, 2013, 10:45 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lil' Freak!!!

Nov 6, 2013, 3:48 PM

This dude is special.I think we might be seeing a great in the making . Please let him pick Shaw or blow up Davis...

Kearse is going to be a great one at Clemson

Nov 6, 2013, 3:59 PM

he is basically Deandre McDaniel except with more skill and a lot bigger. I really hope he can stay back there as a safety as his career progresses because he is a headhunter and you cant teach 6'4 coming over the top to pick balls off and finishing plays off.

Re: Front Page Story: Late-night meeting following FSU loss fuels Kearse and his development

Nov 6, 2013, 4:07 PM

I like this guy and his approach. Also that is about as plausible an explanation fo our lack of success against FSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2013, 4:21 PM

I love to see these young guys striving to be better, the future is very bright for our secondary!!!

Crowd

Nov 6, 2013, 6:01 PM

I think he means that the team let their own crowd take them out, meaning sometimes these guys get so hyped up that they start to think about how big of a game it really is instead of just going out and playing just another game, you almost sike yourself out

Kearse

Nov 6, 2013, 6:04 PM

I notice he is a FS, the backup behind Blanks, is their no way we can get this kid on the field more often, say SS, bc I'm not impressed with Smith at times, great backup or rotate guy but not as our starting SS

Re: Kearse

Nov 6, 2013, 9:24 PM

Next year a starting secondary of Alexander, Breeland, Wiggins, and Kearse would be awesome! I hope the coaching staff would move Blanks to nickel back and to have
Jenkins, Baker, Peters and Smith as back ups. This secondary could be the strength of the team. Also, Johnson, Carter, Edmonds, and Tankersey are not bad!

"If we have a class or two cancelled". What?????

Nov 7, 2013, 1:38 AM

When I went to school there in the late sixties, we NEVER had classes cancelled [except once when we had a heavy snow], and we had Saturday morning classes! I hated my 8 AM Saturday morning freshman English class.

I don't know how many cuts they are allowed now, but then, three cuts were the limit. Needless to say I used all three of my cuts for that Saturday morning class. Used them all during football season, after partying on Friday nights before the game. All games then were at 1 PM. No 3:30 or 7 PM starts. So to recover from the Friday night parties, it was necessaary to cut an occasional 8 AM class in order to be revived for the 1 PM game. Any more of you out there have that problem?

Re: Kearse

Nov 7, 2013, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Kearse ]

Agree with you on Smith as a starter. He does have strength as a solid tackler and has extensive knowledge of the playbook and is a good leader. He lacks the speed and athleticism of the younger DBs. Kearse and Wiggins have made some awesome plays. Even though we lost to Florida State, Johnson showed his speed by tackling O'leary and saving a touchdown. Clemson has a bright future at the secondary position. Can't wait to see these young guys in the next two to three years.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic