Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just watched "Foul Play: Paid to Play in Mississippi"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Just watched "Foul Play: Paid to Play in Mississippi"

Aug 7, 2019, 1:51 PM

It's a 3 part series on YouTube about the Ole Miss recruiting scandals and how it evolved. Shows how dirty it was and who brought them down. It was very interesting. Good watch if you have 1.5hrs to kill.

Make sure you start with the Battle for Top Recruits, then YouTube will load the others in order.

Same guy is working on a docuseries about the basketball shoe scandals but that hasn't fully played out yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, gonna watch it tonight(link)

Aug 7, 2019, 1:55 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qm-P2foSE4&list=PLUXSZMIiUfFS6Y_QorbgTbtEQjV95noM3

Re: Thanks, gonna watch it tonight(link)

Aug 7, 2019, 3:07 PM

It might be 4 part if that is Episode 1, they referred to Tunsil several times throughout, but I didn't realize that is where it started.

Definitely worth the watch if you are a college football fanatic like myself.

Re: Just watched "Foul Play: Paid to Play in Mississippi"

Aug 7, 2019, 2:06 PM

Makes you wonder how Dan Mullen has came away unscathed.

Aug 7, 2019, 3:05 PM

There was some info in there how they paid players legally in a bidding war. Its an excellent watch.

I watched it. Just know tat the guy producing it

Aug 7, 2019, 2:07 PM

absolutely hates college football and hates the South.

Not saying he is wrong, but he definitely produces it through a lense of dumb southern redneck college football fans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: I watched it. Just know that the guy producing it

Aug 7, 2019, 4:10 PM

Well it is Mississippi after all. So its a pretty easy target

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2019, 2:41 PM

I get so tired of hearing people like this guy in the video say these kids get "nothing". These kids have hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in them so to say they get nothing is absolutely unbelievable. I would be scared to even put a percentage out there but it would be very high that without football these kids aren't even in college. Now we can have a talk about what a college education is worth in the real world but regardless these kids are exposed to opportunities they could have only dreamed of without football. Sorry tangent over just get tired of the whole they get nothing argument.

Aug 7, 2019, 3:13 PM

Yes I agree, they were definitely misleading the average person in regards to what Student Athlete's get in terms of free education, room and board plus free tutoring, healthcare, clothing etc. But they all get monthly stipends nowadays as well. Clemson football players are getting close to $500 per month, non-taxable dollars after all expenses are paid. That's more than a lot of working people have after all of their monthly expenses are paid.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic