Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just read that JC Shurburtt of 247Sports is predicting Adams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Just read that JC Shurburtt of 247Sports is predicting Adams

Jan 30, 2013, 8:28 AM

to CU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't know Colorado was recruiting him?!?!?!***

Jan 30, 2013, 8:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: I didn't know Colorado was recruiting him?!?!?!***

Jan 30, 2013, 8:53 AM

I'm not a doctor and don't even know how to spell dyslexia, but I think the University of Colorado would be UC.

Re: Colorado

Jan 30, 2013, 9:02 AM

I believe that it is Colorado University, isn't it? For some reason, I recall that it's CU - not U of C.

Their Ralphie school logo would beg to differ...

Jan 30, 2013, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: I didn't know Colorado was recruiting him?!?!?!*** ]

it's one of those midwestern things...U of Oklahoma = OU, U of Kansas = KU, etc, etc. I read about it somewhere one time.

Re: Their Ralphie school logo would beg to differ...

Jan 30, 2013, 9:11 AM

You may be right but Bigdaddy's post seemed to imply I should have written UC, as in University of Clemson.

Buffs

Jan 30, 2013, 9:17 AM
buffs.jpg(7.2 K)

As a former Colorado resident, pop. convention is CU-Boulder***

Jan 30, 2013, 9:40 AM

Re: Buffs

Jan 30, 2013, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Buffs ]

I should have known it was CU since I spent a week on that campus for a class and even bought a Buffs Ski Team t-shirt. That was 13 years ago but I still have the shirt.

BTW, that is a beautiful campus. Every building's exterior is stacked slate rock. Even the exterior walls of the stadium are stacked slate - sounds crazy but since the stadium is in a hole the exterior walls are only about 12' tall - you walk in at the top rows. I remember I was standing right by the stadium and didn't even know it - thought it was another building.

Agree, beautiful stadium, and the game atmosphere was

Jan 30, 2013, 9:46 AM

surprisingly good... at least back when I lived there. I only went to two or three games, however.

Re: Agree, beautiful stadium, and the game atmosphere was

Jan 30, 2013, 10:01 AM

I think the good game atmosphere had to do with the fact it is or at least was known as a big party school. I was told then that lots of privileged kids (rich) went there from all over the country so they could ski and party for four years.

Lots of rich kids, and lots and lots of hippies.

Jan 30, 2013, 11:14 AM

Walking around on gameday, a significant portion of the people I saw had dreads and were shoeless.

KU is Kansas University***

Jan 30, 2013, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Their Ralphie school logo would beg to differ... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Geeeez, yall REALLY need to lighten up in here***

Jan 31, 2013, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn't know Colorado was recruiting him?!?!?!*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: I didn't know Colorado was recruiting him?!?!?!***

Jan 30, 2013, 2:36 PM [ in reply to I didn't know Colorado was recruiting him?!?!?!*** ]

Boy do you feel dumb?

What do the other middle school blogs say ?

Jan 30, 2013, 8:32 AM

247...LOL

Shurburtt has been around a long time.

Jan 30, 2013, 8:42 AM

247 is relatively new but Shurburtt is not. I believe he is one of the founders of that site/network. Additionally, Bill King is part of 247 and he is about as knowledgable in college football as you will find.

Peninsula, why be so negative to other posters?

Shurburtt has been a coot a long time.

Jan 30, 2013, 9:01 AM

247 is just another middle school blog.

Re: Shurburtt has been a coot a long time.

Jan 30, 2013, 9:14 AM

I don't know any middle school blogs that have a national radio show - Bill King.

Sludgemuffin, are you shurburtt ?

Jan 30, 2013, 9:21 AM

You seem upset that 247 is thought of as just another middle school blog. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Shurburtt was on sports talk radio in Columbia for a year or

Jan 30, 2013, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Shurburtt has been around a long time. ]

so and he was a coot homer and hates everything Clemson. He always stereotyped all Clemson callers as dumb hillbilly dope smokers. That is why I don't like him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shurburtt was on sports talk radio in Columbia for a year or

Jan 30, 2013, 9:55 AM

cootburt is a hack no doubt

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shurburtt was on sports talk radio in Columbia for a year or

Jan 30, 2013, 10:09 AM

I would imagine Shurburtt is just processing the info he is getting from Keith Nieburh who is there SE recruiting guy and is always on the road interviewing these recruits. Nieburh tweets so much info I had to quit following him because it was just too many.

Re: Just read that JC Shurburtt of 247Sports is predicting Adams

Jan 30, 2013, 8:37 AM

I have not seen anyone predict Adams anywhere else but Clemson. I feel really good about getting his commitment but am still scared to death everyone is wrong.

null

I have only read on the Georgia boards that they feel

Jan 30, 2013, 8:49 AM

Really good about Adams, which I mentioned on here and got hammered for it.
Richt and company just had an in home last night (I think) and Adams just visited Athens this past weekend, so he has his head full of UGA right now. At least he is taking a visit to Auburn this weekend which should help clear the UGA stuff out of his head before NSD.

He's coming to CU.

Jan 30, 2013, 8:51 AM

The Au trip is to recruit CL.

Re: He's coming to CU.

Jan 30, 2013, 8:58 AM

Just read Lawson's comments on his visit to UT. Apparently his "idol" is Peyton Manning (strange for a defense guy) and he seemed pretty taken with them.

I read that, but, honestly, I'm baffled as to how that

Jan 30, 2013, 9:51 AM

(being on the campus of Peyton Manning) would make his stay (as a player) at Tennessee any better. Just not sure how that part is relevant because, like you said, that is a QB, not a DE...plus Brooks, who is now at Clemson, and Chavis, now at LSU, were who helped make Tennessee have great DL.

Now I also know he liked the facilities. But, hey, we have terrific facilities, too. And, again...the film about Tennessee's prior great DL, see above re who coached them.

I think film on Gaines Adams, DaQuan Bowers, Andre Branch, and many others would make for quite a few entertaining hours.

But, alas, I do think he's Tennessee bound.

As is Mike Farrell of Rivals.***

Jan 30, 2013, 8:37 AM

IDK, the statements by his coach seem to be gracefully

Jan 30, 2013, 8:54 AM

consoling...I sure as heck hope Im wrong...

Ha ... I felt like his coach didn't really divulge anything***

Jan 30, 2013, 9:02 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had the same feeling, didn't quite sit right with me, hope

Jan 30, 2013, 9:44 AM [ in reply to IDK, the statements by his coach seem to be gracefully ]

I'm wrong, but it came off similar in tone to something I might tell my gf after she attempts to cook for me.

No matter what uga promises him

Jan 30, 2013, 9:25 AM

He ll be the NG there which he doesn't want

Re: No matter what uga promises him

Jan 30, 2013, 2:24 PM

I said the same thing in an earlier post. That or a DT. I hope MA is smarter than to fall for those lies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2013, 9:55 AM

Hope he's right! It would be a great choice for him and for us! Same with Lawson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 30, 2013, 10:02 AM

Funny, I heard just last night on a radio show down here in the heart of SEC, B'ham, that Adams was choosing between, I think it was Bama and Auburn and/or Georgia. Never mentioned Clemson. I was not totally surprised, but I might call the guy next week when we get Adams and ask him why he didn't mention Clemson. Same with Lawson, though I know the chances are lower. Can't seem to admit Clemson is competing with and sometimes getting the better of the mighty SEC programs.

Jan 30, 2013, 2:10 PM

I listen to the Feinbahm (or however you spell it) on Serius Radio sometimes, and of course he is an AL/secheat homer (even though a TN grad.) who never gives us any respect, but I love it when we make him eat crow. It was last year when we won the ACC when he said we wouldn't even be a factor, and then again this year when we pretty well whipped the daylights out of a very good LSU team. Even though the score was very close, it was a good old fashioned butt whipping we put on them. They are a very biased bunch. The secheat does have 2 very good, and 2 pretty good programs, they have a low side, too, that is just as sorry as anybody in the country.

My favorite shuburtts are mango and orange***

Jan 30, 2013, 2:20 PM

University of Clemson?!***

Jan 30, 2013, 3:10 PM

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic