Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jack Leggett: The Tommy Bowden of CU Baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Jack Leggett: The Tommy Bowden of CU Baseball

May 31, 2013, 3:36 PM

Or George Welsh if you prefer. The way some of you continue to defend Leggett, Brownell, etc is stupifying. You must like losing in the clutch at everything, every year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop being the fan equivalent of Phil Kornblut.

May 31, 2013, 3:40 PM

It's gonna get better man !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was the Bowdenite mantra as well.

May 31, 2013, 3:45 PM

Success was always "just around the corner."

Really we just kept walking around the block.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was true. It was. Just another head coach away.***

May 31, 2013, 3:47 PM

Hopefully.***

May 31, 2013, 3:50 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

didn't you say the same thing about dabo, recently?

May 31, 2013, 6:14 PM

i may be wrong about the username, but i don't think i am.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The same thing" being what, exactly?

May 31, 2013, 11:08 PM

And define 'recently.'

Re: he can only wish that he was as good as TB.***

May 31, 2013, 3:40 PM

Re: Jack Leggett: The Tommy Bowden of CU Baseball

May 31, 2013, 3:41 PM

wrong.

ex-CTB was 7-2 against the coots.

Great minds***

May 31, 2013, 3:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Incorrect

May 31, 2013, 3:42 PM

Bowden could win in Columbia!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Ha! I stand corrected.***

May 31, 2013, 3:44 PM

It's every (important) sport.

I'm starting to think that it's the 'something' in the hills.

How can you make that comparison?

Jack Leggett has won over 1,200 games in his career and is a hall of famer.

Tommy Bowden won 90 games and can't sniff another job.

Also, why bring Brad Brownell into this? He's had all of one losing season in his career and actually won our first tournament game in quite some time his first year on the job. I think we'll be fine with him leading our basketball program.

I'm not sure why I wasted my time typing this because it won't change the opinion of some that are ready to pull the trigger after every game.

1200 to 90!?!?! How could you possibly argue

May 31, 2013, 3:50 PM

with such an asinine comparison?

Re: 1200 to 90!?!?! How could you possibly argue

May 31, 2013, 3:54 PM

I mentioned that number because it speaks to the length and success of his entire career.

Tommy Bowden was only able to coach at the highest level for 11.5 years and Jack has been going strong for 36.

I'm sorry that it doesn't make sense to people that are ready to fire the most successful coach at Clemson.

Hey let's fire 'em all!

Well after 36 years, Jack should know by now that

May 31, 2013, 4:29 PM

it's not what you've done, it's what you've done lately.

You realize there are 12 games/yr vs 60 in baseball?***

May 31, 2013, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: 1200 to 90!?!?! How could you possibly argue ]

Not sure why you are on here either

May 31, 2013, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack Leggett: The Tommy Bowden of CU Baseball ]

Goodbye

Re: Not sure why you are on here either

May 31, 2013, 3:57 PM

The vultures are circling.

I'm glad ADs don't have trigger fingers like "fans" on a message board.

May 31, 2013, 4:00 PM

I would not be so sure about that quick trigger finger. we got a new sheriff in town, and he may be wanting to fire his gun.

May 31, 2013, 4:01 PM

He's not going to fire Jack Leggett. Reference the interview on TI if you like.

Have you ever heard the term, "put them out to pasture"?

May 31, 2013, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Not sure why you are on here either ]

It means that a horse is past its prime. Kind of fitting. But, you won't see it that way.

May 31, 2013, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack Leggett: The Tommy Bowden of CU Baseball ]

Amen. Fans like this are the ones who help change the minds of recruits. I know this firsthand. I also know Brownell. If given the chance, Brownell will prove to be the best bb coach Clemson has ever had. Yes, better than Barnes and Ellis...Wait, this coming bb season will be better than most expect. Leggett? He is a good coach, a great ambassador, and a good leader of young men. Hand-picked by Wilhelm, Jack came in under immediate pressure and has always proved to be more than man enough and good enough to handle it. The past few years have been down, but most schools across the country still would have traded places. Things are cycling back around, though, and the foundation is once again laid for another good run.

Finally, it's a shame fans like this can't hear what even the "good" coaches they love, like Morris, think about them. Fortunately, coaches understand and therefore don't let this crap get to them. The sad reality is that this negative crap affects only two groups: it energized the rival, and it turns off the recruit.

Winning a lot of games is meaningless if you can't win

May 31, 2013, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Jack Leggett: The Tommy Bowden of CU Baseball ]

championships.

Sitting on 18 or 19 seasons with 1 ACC championship and 0-4 in Omaha with a chance to play for the CWS.

The man can not win the big games.

Tommy could beat Usuck.***

May 31, 2013, 3:52 PM

Brownell has lost more games every season.

May 31, 2013, 3:55 PM

He'll be lucky to break 10 next season. The team has NO shooters and less experience. And comparing a 12-13 game football season to a 60 games baseball season is not smart. Jack Leggett is like Tommy Bowden because his teams always choke.

Remember that one time, in Omaha, when Clemson lost to South Carolina. Yeah, that sucked.

Re: Brownell has lost more games every season.

May 31, 2013, 3:59 PM

Lucky to break 10 wins? Wow.

I'm glad I don't look at things as negatively as some people on here.

Refer to my previous post for reasoning behind the mention of the numbers.

I wasn't comparing the total number, moreso the length of each career and the fact that Jack Leggett is being honored as a hall of famer and Tommy Bowden can't find another job.

Debbie Downer over here...

May 31, 2013, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Brownell has lost more games every season. ]

10 wins? WTH are you on about?

The team has more experience than last year. Last year we 5 freshman, 5 sophomores, 0 juniors, and 2 seniors - an average of 0.9 years of previous experience per player. This year, we field a team of 4 freshman, 5 sophomores, 5 juniors, and 0 seniors - an average of of 1.25 years of experience per player.

You think this team has no shooters? Jordan Roper isn't a shooter? He only makes 41% of his 3-point shots, good enough for 4th in the entire ACC last year. Incoming freshman Patrick Rooks is a pure shooter as well, scoring over 1k points in his high school career.

If you have to be a Debbie Downer, at least stop talking out of your @ss and get some facts to support your arguments.

Re: Brownell has lost more games every season.

Jun 1, 2013, 1:17 AM [ in reply to Brownell has lost more games every season. ]

Actually that one time in Omaha...that happened twice!

you're not a true fan if you don't live in lah lah land..

May 31, 2013, 3:55 PM

Clemson has pulled yet another Clemson!! Tigercurse is alive and well !!!

Dude, look here...

May 31, 2013, 4:02 PM

I have never called for Jack to be fired till today. Almost twenty years of choking is sufficient evidence in my opinion.

Second, Brownell is getting worse. It ain't rocket science.

Third, Clemson soccer was the best program Clemson had for 25 years. Now it sucks.

Fourth, save the LSU game, Dabo hasn't done a dang thing but lose big game after big game.

Re: Dude, look here...

May 31, 2013, 4:08 PM

I'm having a hard time following the way that you post by not responding to the person commenting on what you originally said.

I guess this was directed at me.

Brownell is not getting worse. He had some unfortunate luck last year when two of his best scorers weren't able to play. We finally have a full roster now. I would let that play out before reaching a conclusion.

Mike Noonan is turning around the soccer program. It's taken a couple years but they're in position to make a run at the tournament this year.

Dabo hasn't lost big game after big game. He won three straight over top 25 teams in 2011 along with an ACC Championship Game.

We might as well blow up the athletic department and start over again if things are as dire as you say.

May 31, 2013, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Dude, look here... ]

Jack I agree with

Brownell I am holding off full judgement till after this year. Program was not exactly in great shape when he took over. 3 empty recruiting classes. Clemson is not a place you can win at in Basketball with nothing but underclassmen. He also is recruiting with one of the worst facilities in the ACC.

Coach Noonan has Clemson soccer heading in the right direction. I expect us to be back in the NCAAT this year.

On Dabo.... Yea the VT ACCCG was not big you are correct. THe FSU games having been big you are correct. Oh wait.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 31, 2013, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Dude, look here... ]

So we haven't even been eliminated, but you still want Jack gone? Dabo has won an ACC Championship and 3 division titles, has beaten a top 25 team every season, and has had back to back 10 win seaons - yeah I guess he hasn't done anything for us

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Jack Legget to resign....to be replaced by

May 31, 2013, 9:36 PM

Kim Kardashian. She has no Baseball experience but she doesn't Choke on the Big One!

Which position(s) are you applying for and how quick

May 31, 2013, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Dude, look here... ]

will we see the big results?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2013, 5:08 PM

Only an idiot would bring tommy into this kind of conversation. I like jack leggett but no reason for it.

Congrats on being so offensive on so many levels. ***

May 31, 2013, 5:39 PM

nm

May 31, 2013, 10:16 PM

True

Maybe next year ...

Jun 1, 2013, 10:36 AM

"Columbia" will be embroidered on the back of the caps instead of "Omaha." Might as well make the expectations realistic.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic