Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mississippi State jumping 3 spots to pass Michigan State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Mississippi State jumping 3 spots to pass Michigan State

Dec 7, 2014, 9:47 PM

That's one of the most head-scratching moves i've ever seen. I would love to hear the committee explain why they did that. If anything, Michigan State's "body of work" looks better this week relative to Mississippi State than it did last week. Mississippi State had Alabama on their schedule, so I can see them getting a boost from Alabama's win. But Michigan State had both Oregon AND Ohio State on their schedule. They should have gotten a much bigger boost from wins by those two than Mississippi State did from just the Alabama win, especially since Ohio State went up to #4.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mississippi State jumping 3 spots to pass Michigan State

Dec 7, 2014, 9:57 PM

SEC, SEC, SEC! 'nuf said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

completely rigged by backroom dealings form BigTen and

Dec 7, 2014, 10:17 PM

SEC within the committee. Michigan State agreed to it and landed in Cotton (new years six bowl) and another Big Ten team got to go to keep the BigTen Citrus spot on NYD. The SEC was more than fine with it because Miss State got that coveted spot in the Orange Bowl. They worked this out together and then did the rankings to fit it. Would love to know if Drad said anything at all when this was going down.

Re: completely rigged by backroom dealings form BigTen and

Dec 7, 2014, 10:30 PM

if this is true then that's messed up ! ; /

It is obvious this is what happened and it is messed up. The

Dec 7, 2014, 10:52 PM

ironic part is the ACC should have never let the SEC be in the pool of teams to choose the Orange opponent from. They should have just said we want it to be the highest ranked available team from the BigTen or Notre Dame. So they let SEC in the pool and that's not good enough. They want the spot and gerrymander the ripple effect.

Re: It is obvious this is what happened and it is messed up. The

Dec 7, 2014, 11:10 PM

Lol still at it coot

Re: It is obvious this is what happened and it is messed up. The

Dec 8, 2014, 9:01 AM

you know when some of you guys accuse posters of being a "coot" it's much more of a negative reflection on you as a person/poster. If you really care, you could check and see that charles e. stone jr. , my dad, graduated in 50's mary rebecca stone- 82 or 83 I think-my oldest sister are clemson grads. I was indoctrinated from the womb. Taken to games I guess starting around the age of 6. I was however born and raised and proud to be from Columbia-since it is the most forward thinking , largest urban area in S.C. We were relatively well known as Clemson fans right downtown, amidst the "coot" campus with a long established family printing business. My father was fairly tight with the old Tiger SID Bob Bradley as well. I have evolved and I do try to lead by example and not "hate" on any other schools including usc east-lol. I'm not a good Tiger fan any more as I don't hang on , obsess over every play, depth chart. I let it upset me too much when the Tigers don't play well-crap, most losses affect me for days-too long! So I've dialed back my passion. It's too stressful for me. I still get fired up sometimes though! Anyway, sorry for length

I'm usually suspicious of theories like that.....

Dec 7, 2014, 10:32 PM [ in reply to completely rigged by backroom dealings form BigTen and ]

but I think you are right. The decision doesn't make any sense. No matter how you look at it, Michigan State's resume looks better now compared to Mississippi State's than it did last week. But the committee is saying they think it looks worse.

Its the only way it could have happened. Hood needs to

Dec 7, 2014, 10:53 PM

interview Drad and see if he will acknowledge it.

Re: completely rigged by backroom dealings form BigTen and

Dec 8, 2014, 9:08 AM [ in reply to completely rigged by backroom dealings form BigTen and ]

U can bet DRad said nothing!! and the gutless Clemson admin went along with him!! PITIFUL

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2014, 10:39 PM

Oh and by the way, Mississippi State LOST their last game to a lower ranked team. So yeah, move them up.

Also, why is a 9-3 Ole Miss team who lost to ARKANSAS a top 10 team. BS.

Yes, Miss State lost the last game they played, by 14 points

Dec 7, 2014, 10:55 PM

and they moved up three spots today.

Heck, our losses are better than Ole Miss

Dec 7, 2014, 11:09 PM

They lose to #19 Auburn, #23 LSU and non ranked Arkansas...

We lose to #3 FSU, #12 GT, #13 UGa...

I guess that get that top 10 spot due to beating the mighty Alabama -- plus all of their losses are to SEC teams....

I don't understand how they are top 10 or how in the heck they jumped Michigan State.

Giving the Big Ten another team Minnesota also gave a weak

Dec 7, 2014, 11:03 PM

Missouri team an easier win for an SEC team. Definitely a SEC/Big Ten agreement here. It is not good for a committee to decide the full top 25 rankings and the six bowls. Too much conspiracy going on here.

The back room sleaziness has successfully made the BCS

Dec 7, 2014, 11:07 PM

look good.

The SEC didn't get 2 in the national playoffs, so

Dec 7, 2014, 11:12 PM

they had to get three in the big bowls. After all, they need that money!

Dec 8, 2014, 9:05 AM

For whatever reason....eSECpn/Playoff Committee anointed Miss State as their darling Cinderella team of destiny and whatever they had to do to keep that narrative alive, they did. With little or no regard to any other team or teams it slighted.

Dec 8, 2014, 9:16 AM

Oh well, it sucks but its done now. I will enjoy watching them get steamrolled by GA tech. Can't see them stopping the triple option.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic