Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
like every other basketball coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,313

like every other basketball coach

Jan 13, 2017, 8:23 AM

BB looks like a better coach when his players make shots

the team shot 36% and 29% from 3 last night... not gonna win many shooting like that

perhaps some of you folks ready to fire BB need to consider that?

here are the numbers from the prior ACC games

FG% / 3-pt%

WF 46% / 40% (a W despite only shooting 55% from the FT line)
NC 45% / 39%
ND 49% / 38.9%

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn't matter.

Jan 13, 2017, 8:48 AM

It doesn't matter if we shot poorly. It doesn't matter if we gave up too many easy baskets. It doesn't matter if it set us back a decade when KJ McDaniels left a year early. It doesn't matter if the refs screwed us. It doesn't matter if we had too many turnovers. It is all irrelevant.

This is year seven for Brownell. He won big with Purnell's players in his first year. Since then we have been "rebuilding". Here's a hint: If you can't get it rebuilt by year SEVEN, you might want to consider a new builder.

All that matters at this point is whether we won or lost. How we accomplish either does not matter. WE lost last night, and that's bad.

Yes, it's too early to make any kind of decision yet; we could still turn it around, and I hope we do. But it's a bottom line situation now for Brownell, at least as I see it. All that matters is winning enough to get us into the NCAA Tournament. While any evaluation and decision won't be made until season's end, losses like the last 3 just look like more of the same old frustrating mediocrity instead of a sign that we are turning the corner, and that is a problem.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: It doesn't matter.

Jan 13, 2017, 8:51 AM

Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is...

Re: It doesn't matter.

Jan 13, 2017, 9:10 AM [ in reply to It doesn't matter. ]

Agree. Although he's not taking, making or missing shots, who's responsible for recruiting the players, developing the players, making them better floor shooters and better FREE THROW (my insanity issue) shooters? When you recruit against the Radfords, Elons, and sign players that you have to develop, you get what we got. Coaches want 4 years to get "their" recruits to fit "their" system, then they need new facilities, but seven years with few results sounds like treading water to me? BB seems to be a good likable guy, but an average coach. I've said all along, BB is the Tommy Bowden of Clemson basketball...he will only take us to the height of mediocrity. We'll see if he can turn this season around.

I think it is a curse on the land.........

Jan 13, 2017, 9:24 AM

There have been several renovations and even more coach changes still throws won't fall in Littlejohn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So is shooting just pure luck and has nothing to do...

Jan 13, 2017, 12:50 PM

with talent or coaching? The coaches recruit the players and supposedly teach them the best strategies to get shots they can make. Brownell's teams have never been able to do that consistently enough to win enough games.

I agree with Smiling Tiger's statement below. It's not a matter of "rebuilding" any more. Losing to that bad 9-6 GT team is par for the course with this coaching staff. This is what we're going to get with this regime. If you're ok with these results for the foreseeable future, then stay with Brownell.

Yeah, the season isn't over and there's still time to turn it around and get back on track in the conference; but we've whistled this tune before.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

??

Jan 13, 2017, 3:06 PM

how did you miss the point so badly?

one bad shooting night and that's your response?

FWIW GaTech beat UNC by the exact same score...

i didn't see/hear anyone calling for Roy W to get fired after his team shot 33% and 19% from 3.

Re: ??

Jan 13, 2017, 3:10 PM

Roy has this little thing called a national championship that might get in the way of firing him.

Roy takes his team to the tournament almost every year...***

Jan 13, 2017, 3:16 PM [ in reply to ?? ]

What I do know, is that OP took us to the tourney

Jan 13, 2017, 3:15 PM

a lot. Brownlee is unable to do so. Year after year after year. You can blame the kids, you can blame the facilities, you can blame the fans, but the only thing that really changed was the coaching staff. One staff made us a 5 seed, the other is unable to make the tournament. It's that simple.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,313
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic