Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there an aging gene that requires
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 591

Is there an aging gene that requires

Oct 31, 2019, 8:49 AM

men over 50 to wear Asics or New Balance tennis/running shoes?

For some reason, I've noticed lately that every guy I see that appear to be over 50 wearing a tennis/running shoe, is wearing one of those brands. I'm 51, and don't even own any tennis/running shoes, so that doesn't apply to me. IS it just a Mt P thing? Is it a cheap thing (no idea what those shoes cost)?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it is a Shoe Carnival thing so yeah, it is a cheap

Oct 31, 2019, 8:51 AM

thing. That is why my sneakers are New Balance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cheap? Speak for your UDP knockoffs

Oct 31, 2019, 10:11 AM

The real ones know

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/mens-990v5-made-in-us/M990V5-21641-M.html?dwvar_M990V5-21641-M_color=Grey_with_Castlerock#color=Grey_with_Castlerock

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

How many miles can you get out of those?***

Oct 31, 2019, 10:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not run in these

Oct 31, 2019, 10:25 AM

But I am on my third pair since 2013. They are durable shoes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yup. Been wearing whatever the current version is of these

Oct 31, 2019, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Cheap? Speak for your UDP knockoffs ]

for 20 years.

Made in the good old USA too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Theyre possibly the most comfortable and durable shoes

Oct 31, 2019, 10:25 AM

I have owned. When I finally wear the pair out, they become my yard shoes.

Those are good, however

Oct 31, 2019, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Cheap? Speak for your UDP knockoffs ]

for about two years, I have been wearing Nike Wildhorse for my everyday shoe. Now with my job, I can get away with it, but they are simply the most comfortable shoe on the market.

And if on the road and forget your running shoes, they work that way too.

I couldnt ever run in 990's just couldnt do it.

https://www.nike.com/t/air-zoom-wildhorse-5-mens-trail-running-shoe-lMslPS/AQ2222-200

Message was edited by: tigermanac®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you all can laugh at me

Oct 31, 2019, 10:57 AM

I bought two pair of these a while back so I could wear one this summer and have a fresh pair next spring. these are baller.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like those

Oct 31, 2019, 11:00 AM

I wanna buy a pair of these.

Don't use them for running

Oct 31, 2019, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Those are good, however ]

Theyre far too heavy. Im not sure why theyre advertised as running shoes.

I have heard great things about the Wildhorse, but due to Nike not making wides, I haven't been able to wear Nike's since middle school.

Crappy NB are cheap. Good NB are relatively expensive.

Oct 31, 2019, 10:26 AM [ in reply to I think it is a Shoe Carnival thing so yeah, it is a cheap ]

Same with the Asics.

Good ones are $110+

But you can find them for $60 with the models that LOOK like athletic shoes but have no support, no spring, just a sole and an upper with laces and a big N on them.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I've had a pair of almost every athletic shoe brand

Oct 31, 2019, 11:59 AM

made...except New Balance. No real reason, I guess none every dropped in my lap, so to speak.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ones I have had tore up rather quickly, but I have a

Oct 31, 2019, 12:10 PM

weird right heel that rips most shoes to shreds. New Balance ones wouldn't last 100 miles before they were starting to rip so I gave up on those. I still have some Size 11 Orange Leadvilles in the closet, but I never wear them.

However, my current Sauconys (Sauconys Nutz) have lasted 600+ miles and the ones before went 800+ miles. Stupid things are expensive though.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every once in a blue moon, Walmart will toss a bunch of Avia

Oct 31, 2019, 12:20 PM

styles in a clearance bin for $5.00. The first pair I bought on a lark, and I just about couldn't kill them. I was shocked that a Walmart brand would last so long...and actually be that comfortable They made the transition from wear in public all the way to yard shoes and were still actually wearable when I left them on the porch for a few weeks and ended up with a bird's nest in them and finally tossed them. Guessing I had those for almost 5 years. I bought an orange pair of Avia out of the $5.00 bin that I only wear to home games, and I got them the summer before the 2015 season. They still look great, and they've held the luck. I grabbed another $5.00 pair last spring and rode them hard this past summer. We'll see how long they last but so far, so good. I probably never would have thought to buy a regular priced pair of Avia from a Walmart, but 3 pairs in they've proven comfort and durability. As long as they keep tossing them in a $5.00 clearance bin every year or two, I'll keep buying them.

Those sound well made.

Oct 31, 2019, 1:14 PM

You can always tell which factories in China throw the kids an extra helping of ramen around the 11pm break.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly...

Oct 31, 2019, 2:23 PM

I think they're made in China, but by Canadian political prisoners.

Asics has good arch support

Oct 31, 2019, 8:51 AM

so I have heard. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ASICS orange & black design matches Clemson orange.***

Oct 31, 2019, 1:14 PM

It's kinda like George Costanza with sweatpants.

Oct 31, 2019, 10:01 AM

"You know the message you're sending out to the world with these sweatpants? You're telling the world, 'I give up. I can't compete in normal society. I'm miserable, so I might as well be comfortable.'"

I've been exclusively wearing New Balance since 22***

Oct 31, 2019, 10:10 AM

Skechers makes awesome old people shoes.

Oct 31, 2019, 10:16 AM

Not quite 50 yet, but I confess to having a pair. All I can say is, memory foam in a shoe? Friggin' genius levels of comfort.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed, I bought a pair of Skechers

Oct 31, 2019, 10:23 AM

only because they were like $19.95 at Academy on clearance and I needed a cheap pair of weedeater/chicken coop shoes. These were like boatshoe or topsider style. Very comfortable and held up well given the purpose of intentionally trashing them. But wouldn't go over $25 for a pair of 'em.

Re: Is there an aging gene that requires

Oct 31, 2019, 10:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

I dunno anything about either of brands comfort

Oct 31, 2019, 11:01 AM

but until all of you who are saying how great they are get a pair of Olukai..anythings..you have no idea about comfort in a shoe of any style.

Barefoot is the ultimate comfort.

Oct 31, 2019, 12:02 PM

You know, like Native American and Aboriginal communities in North America do.

I've just started occasionally wearing my Xtratufs for

Oct 31, 2019, 12:04 PM

moving the sprinkler around. 2 weeks ago I was just barefoot all the time, unless I had to go out in public, then I wore my Olukai flip flops.

ran NB in high school still wear them***

Oct 31, 2019, 12:40 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: Is there an aging gene that requires

Oct 31, 2019, 1:15 PM

Almost 57 here so to answer your question, yes and no. I’ve been wearing New Balance for as long as I can remember. They fits my feets. Just bought my first pair of ASICS the other week because they were on sale and I’m frugal with my kids inheritance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 591
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic